Sponsored by:

Why does this keep happening?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 10:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 Barolo red C63 AMG (SOLD).13' P31 c63 coupe 2012 porsche panamera
Why does this keep happening?

Okay, so i got Eurocharged about a month ago, great people to deal with and amazing tune.

I recently got my secondary cats and resonators deleted with straight pipes/hpipe. And i got a CEL p0171 ( yes i posted about this a couple days ago )
Everytime i put my car back to stock the CEL goes away and doesn't come back. But when i put my tune on, it seems to come back on. Anyone know why this keeps happening? My pipes are welded in perfectly, i even went back to get it rechecked and there wernt any leaks. It seems like the tune is causing this, me and jerry have been trying to figure it out to no avail.

Edit: Charcoal filters and stock filters are ON.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
12 MB C63
I would say it might be the problem related to your intake manifold..
Did you try replace the intake manifold gasket. I don't know if that would help. I seen people with the tune and charcoal delete and has this issue and some had the gasket swaped and the CEL went off.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
I would take it to the dealer or an indy shop to check and see if there is a vacuum leak. Most likely it is the intake manifold gasket. A search for the CEL code shows others having the same problem with their intake manifolds.

I just had to replace the intake manifold gasket, seals, and bolts on my 2010 yesterday. The tech said it was one of the most common problems with the engine.