C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Forgestar Opinions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 05:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63
Forgestar Opinions

Hi guys. Im in the market for a set of 18" wheels and have my eye on the forgestar f14 in gunmetal. Ive been doing some research on the wheels and have found a fair amout of negativity regarding Forgestar, mind you it seems to be from a couple years ago, on the other hand I see they are quite popular with ppl on this site. So I just wanted to get your guys opinion on these wheels before i pull the trigger.

PS. I know there are better wheels out there but at the moment HRE and the likes are just not in my price range.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7
Originally Posted by mrhowie
Hi guys. Im in the market for a set of 18" wheels and have my eye on the forgestar f14 in gunmetal. Ive been doing some research on the wheels and have found a fair amout of negativity regarding Forgestar, mind you it seems to be from a couple years ago, on the other hand I see they are quite popular with ppl on this site. So I just wanted to get your guys opinion on these wheels before i pull the trigger.

PS. I know there are better wheels out there but at the moment HRE and the likes are just not in my price range.
Forgestars are great lightweight, inexpensive wheels. I have four sets of them.
In fact I know HHughes1 has a set of fronts for sale at a great price.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:07 PM

C63
Originally Posted by Dads C63
Forgestars are great lightweight, inexpensive wheels. I have four sets of them.
In fact I know HHughes1 has a set of fronts for sale at a great price.
Did you have any sets in 19's? Any issues? im really considering these
Old 12-02-2012, 07:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7
I have 19 x 12" on the rear with no issues. However, I do have the black series rear fenders.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:18 PM

C63
Originally Posted by Dads C63
I have 19 x 12" on the rear with no issues. However, I do have the black series rear fenders.
I know your car is sick!, I wish i could get my hands on one for the coupe!. I think ill pull the trigger on the 19s. Thanks
Old 12-02-2012, 07:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Black Series
Im going to get 19s this spring!
Old 12-02-2012, 07:28 PM

C63
Originally Posted by VaclavSV
Im going to get 19s this spring!
I love the cf5v design, they look like BBS FI's. Thats my dream wheel but i cant dish out 9k thats insane
Old 12-02-2012, 08:00 PM

2013 C63
Originally Posted by Aresh
I love the cf5v design, they look like BBS FI's. Thats my dream wheel but i cant dish out 9k thats insane
Damn i was looking at F14's but those cf5v's are really damn nice to. They arent even on Forgestars site as far as I can see. Do you know what colors are available?
Old 12-02-2012, 08:05 PM

C63
Same as f14s I believe. I there's a thread from vivid racing om here selling them.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:14 AM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
a car
We are doing a set of CF5V's that should be done within a week so hopefully we will see them soon. Textured gunmetal finish.

Let me know if anyone needs pricing.

They are great wheels for the money.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:16 AM

2013 C63
Originally Posted by Tal@ACGAutomotive
We are doing a set of CF5V's that should be done within a week so hopefully we will see them soon. Textured gunmetal finish.

I would like to know pricing for sure so you can shoot me a pm. I think i would be after gloss gunmetal though but am interestered to see the textured gunmetal
Old 12-03-2012, 01:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W205 C63S E.1
CF10 are great too.

Tal , I'm still waiting for your response.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Any information on the "Water Transfer Printing" finishes that were shown at SEMA? Im really interested in 19" CF5Vs with that finish in a two tone with gloss black.
Forgestar Opinions-h0pwu.jpg
Forgestar Opinions-v5okf.jpg
Old 12-03-2012, 10:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
507 SEDAN
Cool

Damn i was looking at F14's but those cf5v's are really damn nice to. They arent even on Forgestars site as far as I can see. Do you know what colors are available?

I would like to know pricing for sure so you can shoot me a pm. I think i would be after gloss gunmetal though but am interestered to see the textured gunmetal

Yes, Tal and ACG were AMAZING!!! And the wheels Tal was referencing are for my car. I am ver excited to get them and will or course post them up, give my opinions, and as many pics as possible. I have not seen them yet and am very excited. They are 19's in a textured/brushed gunmetal finish. I have no doubt that I chose the best wheels for my car and application. I am very psyched to get them.

Again, Tal and ACG were great to work with. Tal is an enthusiast and loves all types of cars, especially our C63's(even though he's in a GT-R). He is a very cool, laidback guy and certainly will go out of his way to help you decide or make the right choice. He is tha *****!!!!! Looking forward to them.

You guys will get many pics of the CF5v's. They will be on a totally white and black car. I just didn't want the standard black wheels. Too overdone.

Tal, James, and ACG..............THANKS!!!!!!!
Old 12-03-2012, 10:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

507 SEDAN
PS. They offer a killer caliper painting and exchange program. Don't forget to ask about it too.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:41 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
G63, C190 AMG GTC, W209 CLK63 BS, W208 CLK430
Definitely a great wheel for the price! We have sold several sets with no issues also
Old 12-03-2012, 02:49 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 Coupe
Talking

Originally Posted by jordanaf
Yes, Tal and ACG were AMAZING!!! And the wheels Tal was referencing are for my car. I am ver excited to get them and will or course post them up, give my opinions, and as many pics as possible. I have not seen them yet and am very excited. They are 19's in a textured/brushed gunmetal finish. I have no doubt that I chose the best wheels for my car and application. I am very psyched to get them.

Again, Tal and ACG were great to work with. Tal is an enthusiast and loves all types of cars, especially our C63's(even though he's in a GT-R). He is a very cool, laidback guy and certainly will go out of his way to help you decide or make the right choice. He is tha *****!!!!! Looking forward to them.

You guys will get many pics of the CF5v's. They will be on a totally white and black car. I just didn't want the standard black wheels. Too overdone.

Whatsup man .. Great choice on wheels was thinking of doing the same on my white coupe.. What width did you go for? And what size tires are you planning on running? That's the only thing I'm debating I want to go 10inch rears with a fat tire but it might rub with our ****ty offsets
Old 12-03-2012, 03:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Ezec63
Whatsup man .. Great choice on wheels was thinking of doing the same on my white coupe.. What width did you go for? And what size tires are you planning on running? That's the only thing I'm debating I want to go 10inch rears with a fat tire but it might rub with our ****ty offsets
Just looked this up and 10" shouldnt rub with a +52 offset... can someone else confirm?!
Old 12-03-2012, 04:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
i just mounted a set of 18" cf5 in silver on my 996 turbo.
let me say the build of the wheel is great. light and strong.
having said that the finish of the wheels are subpar. after casting the wheels i cant see any polish work done. outgassing is apparent in many places on the wheels and the color.... if its silver ill buy you lunch. gray yes. silver no way. massive amounts of orange peel are visible on the wheels. all this is due to a lack of prep work on the finishers part and the quality control is deplorable. i contacted forgestar via email and got zero response.
contacted the shop i bought them from and they had little to say. after waiting 8 weeks?!! i mounted them and will have them redone properly in the next fall.
i guess for the price a decent wheel but highly doubt ill ever deal with forgestar again
Old 12-03-2012, 04:41 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
a car
Originally Posted by clichere1
CF10 are great too.

Tal , I'm still waiting for your response.
Sent you a PM man.

Any information on the "Water Transfer Printing" finishes that were shown at SEMA? Im really interested in 19" CF5Vs with that finish in a two tone with gloss black.

PM Sent.

Thank you Jordan! Can't wait to see these on your car!

Just looked this up and 10" shouldnt rub with a +52 offset... can someone else confirm?!
Should be fine if you don't run a super fat 275 tire like a michelin PSS.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:30 PM

2013 C63
Originally Posted by VividRacing
Definitely a great wheel for the price! We have sold several sets with no issues also
Glad to hear another dealer with no customers with issues.

Originally Posted by 320 dreamer
i just mounted a set of 18" cf5 in silver on my 996 turbo.
let me say the build of the wheel is great. light and strong.
having said that the finish of the wheels are subpar. after casting the wheels i cant see any polish work done. outgassing is apparent in many places on the wheels and the color.... if its silver ill buy you lunch. gray yes. silver no way. massive amounts of orange peel are visible on the wheels. all this is due to a lack of prep work on the finishers part and the quality control is deplorable. i contacted forgestar via email and got zero response.
contacted the shop i bought them from and they had little to say. after waiting 8 weeks?!! i mounted them and will have them redone properly in the next fall.
i guess for the price a decent wheel but highly doubt ill ever deal with forgestar again
Your not the first person that i have read saying they werent happy with the finish on these wheels. I would definitely expect for how long they sometimes take to get that the finish would be done properly.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:21 PM

C204, GLK350, Lambo Gallardo
F14 Textured Matte gunmetal.

No issues, no scratches, no peeling. 1 season 16,000km

Saturn
http://www.youtube.com/SaturnDrives
Attached Thumbnails Forgestar Opinions-mini-dsc_8682.jpg   Forgestar Opinions-mini-dsc_8425.jpg   Forgestar Opinions-mini-dsc_8408a.jpg   Forgestar Opinions-mini-dsc_8669.jpg  

Last edited by Saturn; 12-03-2012 at 11:28 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:22 AM

C63 w/p30; MHP ECU tune+header+mids+CF air intake duct+Akrapovic+wide body kit+ Vorsteiner VS110
I'd love to have the detail information on rim in above picutre(10 spoke, water transfer printing). PM had been sent to you.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

507 SEDAN
Originally Posted by Ezec63
Hey guys-

I went with some 19's. And here are the specs:

Front: 8.5" w/ 40 offset PSS tires, 245
Rear: 10" w/ 48 offset PSS tires, 275

Hope that helps anyone!!!!
Old 12-04-2012, 04:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

my wife bananas! :D
Hey guys-

I went with some 19's. And here are the specs:

Front: 8.5" w/ 40 offset PSS tires, 245
Rear: 10" w/ 48 offset PSS tires, 275

Hope that helps anyone!!!!
Once you mount definitely update with pics. How much did you lower with h&r?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Forgestar Opinions