Sponsored by:

H&R Coilovers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 02:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
That sounds on par considering you have to rip out the whole suspension. The suspension has to be dialed in perfectly before they hand the car back to you. Plus, an alignment on these cars runs about $200.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63 Coupe BS Conversion
Thanks!!
Old 12-07-2012, 04:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Craiger
Hey guys, I'm getting quotes in the range of $1,000-$1,200 for coilover install and alignment. That seems high to me, what do you think? Thanks!
That's high IMO. Also, I'd consider driving say 500 miles first before an alignment.
Old 01-02-2020, 06:01 AM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
R230 SL500 W211 E220
I did read here somewhere that a w211 e55 front antiroll bar is the same. Would that be right?
Can't seem to find anywhere in uk who sell after market swaybars for an sl500.
Old 01-02-2020, 01:34 PM

Received 99 Likes on 46 Posts
C63
Another thumbs up here for H&R coilovers. I’ve never had an issue with H&R in the years I’ve been modifying so it was a no brainer for fast road use, albeit these are actually Bilstein dampers with H&R springs (which is no discredit whatsoever). They’re firm enough for some light track work too and with some chassis bracing and a diff work really nicely, but they are also very comfortable on the street and eliminate the harshness of the shocks, take away some roll and make the car feel generally as if it’s had a bit of a diet (even though it hasn’t).

Gratuitous picture below of general “stance” that can be achieved. In fact it will go lower
or sit very close to stock too, I just like it like this.

Old 01-03-2020, 09:57 PM

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts
C63
Nice my H&R coil overs are being installed next week
Old 01-18-2020, 05:06 AM

C63
Originally Posted by Cozy
Another thumbs up here for H&R coilovers. I’ve never had an issue with H&R in the years I’ve been modifying so it was a no brainer for fast road use, albeit these are actually Bilstein dampers with H&R springs (which is no discredit whatsoever). They’re firm enough for some light track work too and with some chassis bracing and a diff work really nicely, but they are also very comfortable on the street and eliminate the harshness of the shocks, take away some roll and make the car feel generally as if it’s had a bit of a diet (even though it hasn’t).

Gratuitous picture below of general “stance” that can be achieved. In fact it will go lower
or sit very close to stock too, I just like it like this.

Identical car to mine just without that beautiful stance - I need details! Are the fenders rolled? Do you have more pics?
Old 01-18-2020, 05:22 AM

C63
Originally Posted by 6.two
Identical car to mine just without that beautiful stance - I need details! Are the fenders rolled? Do you have more pics?
Hey man. Yeah, I created a thread on here called something like “another rear wide body” or something similar or, you can pick up my Insta @stephens.jason which is where most of the pictures go, plus just general daily life out here in the UK.

Needless to say, the car caps a rear wide body conversion. It’s about 6cm wider each side vs a stock car. I love how it looks from behind, it makes BMW M cars look like children.
Old 01-18-2020, 05:58 AM

C63
Originally Posted by Cozy
Hey man. Yeah, I created a thread on here called something like “another rear wide body” or something similar or, you can pick up my Insta @stephens.jason which is where most of the pictures go, plus just general daily life out here in the UK.

Needless to say, the car caps a rear wide body conversion. It’s about 6cm wider each side vs a stock car. I love how it looks from behind, it makes BMW M cars look like children.

Hey! I just ran into that post after I commented here!

I just realised your car is the very one I took a screenshot of from a video on instagram on an Amg page a while back, because of that stance!! 😂

Followed! Don't know why the rear didn't come like this from the factory, it now matches those girthy front arches.

Your car is outrageously beautiful 😉

Old 01-18-2020, 06:31 AM

C63
Originally Posted by 6.two
Hey! I just ran into that post after I commented here!

I just realised your car is the very one I took a screenshot of from a video on instagram on an Amg page a while back, because of that stance!! 😂

Followed! Don't know why the rear didn't come like this from the factory, it now matches those girthy front arches.

Your car is outrageously beautiful 😉

Thank you man. I don’t think I’ve seen that video. I love the car, it came out exactly as I wanted it and I’m glad most people like it too. I wanted to create what I think a factory C63 should have looked like and I think I achieved that.

It’s funny, every now and then I see my car pop up in some else’s insta or a car group, but I remain anonymous with a tiny Insta account haha.
Old 01-19-2020, 03:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 74 Posts
E55 AMG & C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Craiger
Hey guys, I'm getting quotes in the range of $1,000-$1,200 for coilover install and alignment. That seems high to me, what do you think? Thanks!
That's ridiculous. Shouldn't cost more than $500-600 including alignment.