Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finevu CR500HD GB/Feeler - Full HD Dashcam - Made in Korea - BlackboxMyCar.Com

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 09:15 PM

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts
2014 C63 AMG 507 sedan
Ordered the CR500 + power kit today. Looking forward to it.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:46 AM
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
Alex.
Group buy still on or not?
I sent you a pm on 26th.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:13 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 Audi A4
Originally Posted by Thrilla
Ordered the CR500 + power kit today. Looking forward to it.
Hello,

Thank you for ordering from us, we have processed your order last night! You should have received the tracking number, if not please let us know

Originally Posted by kowalski
Alex.
Group buy still on or not?
I sent you a pm on 26th.
Hello Dennis,

Sorry for the late reply. Our prices are stil offered at GB pricing. I replied your PM too!
Old 12-27-2012, 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Let me know how the install and first impressions go, fellas. I'm looking to pull the trigger, but I'd rather not be a guinea pig
Old 12-28-2012, 01:31 PM

E55, 2013 C63 Coupe
First impressions.

Originally Posted by CoolBDPhenom03
Let me know how the install and first impressions go, fellas. I'm looking to pull the trigger, but I'd rather not be a guinea pig
I have had mine for about a week now. I haven't gotten around to properly installing it yet, because I do not have my C63 yet. Instead I've sloppily placed it above my rear view mirror in my E55 to test it out. And now onto the first impressions:

Pros:
- Extremely easy to use (plug and play).
- Recording quality is great.
- When you set off the impact sensor it saves that moment as an "Event recording". This allows you to easily go back and find the moment of impact instead of looking through a ton of video.
- Still picture quality is good, but I would still use my cellphone in the case of an accident because you do not have an exact idea of how your pictures will come out.

Cons:
So far the only drawback is the price. Even at the GB price it is still a bit more expensive than some other dash cams out there.

Final thoughts:
This is a great dash cam. The price of the unit can be justified by the quality and ease of use. The interface is extremely user friendly and aesthetically the unit looks more sleek and stylish than other dash cams. I will probably purchase a second one before the GB ends.

Last edited by Tp_man; 12-28-2012 at 01:36 PM.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:02 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2011 Audi A4
Originally Posted by Tp_man
I have had mine for about a week now. I haven't gotten around to properly installing it yet, because I do not have my C63 yet. Instead I've sloppily placed it above my rear view mirror in my E55 to test it out. And now onto the first impressions:

Pros:
- When you set off the impact sensor it saves that moment as an "Event recording". This allows you to easily go back and find the moment of impact instead of looking through a ton of video.
- Still picture quality is good, but I would still use my cellphone in the case of an accident because you do not have an exact idea of how your pictures will come out.

Cons:
So far the only drawback is the price. Even at the GB price it is still a bit more expensive than some other dash cams out there.

Final thoughts:
This is a great dash cam. The price of the unit can be justified by the quality and ease of use. The interface is extremely user friendly and aesthetically the unit looks more sleek and stylish than other dash cams. I will probably purchase a second one before the GB ends.
Hello,

Thank you for giving us a feed back on your Finevu CR500HD. It is considered the best Full HD in the market and as I mentioned, Finevu is targeting high end Full HD dash cam market and their prices are some what expensive compare to the other dash cams. However, it has the Sony cmos sensor that is being used on the Sony cameras and their phones. I am sure you are satisfied with the fit and finish on this product though

Thank you very much for ordering from us and let us know if you have any questions.

It seems like some customers are not receiving the tracking number from Canada Post. Please let us know, we will send it to you again. Sorry for the trouble.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Tp_man

Pros:

Cons:

Final thoughts:
Thanks!!
Old 12-28-2012, 04:31 PM

12 MB C63
Just got mine today. Went to meet this buddy myself. Very nice guy. Explained everything clearly. Will test out the unit later when installed. So far so good!
Old 12-29-2012, 10:41 PM

2012 c63 sedan
Is it to late to purchase this at the group buy price? I totally missed this thread and want to purchase this. BlackboxMyCar, are you Alex?

I would like to get installed by you.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Sent an order for two units!
Old 12-31-2012, 03:54 PM

2013 C63 Coupe
Loving it, just ordered another one for my wife!
Old 01-02-2013, 12:45 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2011 Audi A4
Originally Posted by AMGFANs
Just got mine today. Went to meet this buddy myself. Very nice guy. Explained everything clearly. Will test out the unit later when installed. So far so good!
Thank you for coming over Jason! It was very nice meeting you. Let me know if you have any questions! Happy New Years to you

Originally Posted by late_bloomer
Is it to late to purchase this at the group buy price? I totally missed this thread and want to purchase this. BlackboxMyCar, are you Alex?

I would like to get installed by you.
heyhey!

I remember you from the meet Yup, we are going to extend GB pricing for couple more weeks. PM us to book an appointment!

Originally Posted by Sincity
Sent an order for two units!
Thank you, we will ship your order out tomorrow. Happy New Year

Originally Posted by ryanC63AMG
Loving it, just ordered another one for my wife!
Thank you very much for ordering another unit from us. Happy New Year to your family
Old 01-02-2013, 02:40 AM

Thanks. I'd probably have to do the install myself of have a shop do it here in NorCal.
Which shop in Norcal? I might have to have it done myself when the C63BS comes.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by neoprufrok
Which shop in Norcal? I might have to have it done myself when the C63BS comes.
Either my body shop (Federal Auto Body in Concord) or Custom Car Alarms in Pleasant Hill.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:54 AM

Either my body shop (Federal Auto Body in Concord) or Custom Car Alarms in Pleasant Hill.
Ah damn.. I'm over near Mountain View.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by neoprufrok
Ah damn.. I'm over near Mountain View.
Sonic Motorsports?
Old 01-04-2013, 01:28 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2011 Audi A4
Happy New Year to MBWorld forum members!

Due to popular demand, we decided to extend GB pricing on FineVu CR500HDs!

Thank you so much for ordering from blackboxmycar.com. We truly appreciate your business and please feel free to email us or ask any questions regarding the device at:

blackboxmycar@gmail.com

"Like" us on FB to stay connected
http://www.facebook.com/Blackboxmycar?__req=12
Old 01-04-2013, 01:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Black Series
How can I be apart of this group buy? Im interested in the Blackvue DR400G-HD Season 2!
Old 01-04-2013, 02:05 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2011 Audi A4
Originally Posted by VaclavSV
How can I be apart of this group buy? Im interested in the Blackvue DR400G-HD Season 2!
Hello,

Finevu CR500HD and Power Kit are currently offered at a GB pricing on our website. We are only offering GB pricing on the Finevu CR500HD and Power Kit at the moment.

Finevu CR500HD can be purchased via this link:
http://www.blackboxmycar.com/product.php?id_product=110

Finevu CR500HD + Power Kit can be purchased via this link:
http://www.blackboxmycar.com/product.php?id_product=111

Please feel free to ask any questions
Old 01-05-2013, 09:25 PM

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts
2014 C63 AMG 507 sedan
Finally got a chance to install it today. It's pretty easy, thanks to the video that Alex posted.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
'10 C63
from my understanding of the finevu cameras, it has a built in voltage sensor for the internal camera... so if the voltage drops below what it should be, then it shuts off so the car battery won't be drained...

the power kit (power adapter) is just a hardwire kit... it's not needed if you happen to have a dc outlet that's always on...

but in the case of the c63, there isn't one that's always on afaik...

so in order to utilize the parking mode, you'll need the power kit, or mod one of your dc plugs to always be on...
Old 01-07-2013, 02:26 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2011 Audi A4
Originally Posted by Thrilla
Finally got a chance to install it today. It's pretty easy, thanks to the video that Alex posted.
Thanks! Let us know if you have any questions

Originally Posted by bluejae
from my understanding of the finevu cameras, it has a built in voltage sensor for the internal camera... so if the voltage drops below what it should be, then it shuts off so the car battery won't be drained...

the power kit (power adapter) is just a hardwire kit... it's not needed if you happen to have a dc outlet that's always on...

but in the case of the c63, there isn't one that's always on afaik...

so in order to utilize the parking mode, you'll need the power kit, or mod one of your dc plugs to always be on...
Yup, you are correct. However, FineVu does not recommend just relying on the sensor to be able to cut off power when necessary. They recommend using the power kit to properly hardwire the unit and the power kit guarantees power cut off at 11.8V
Old 01-07-2013, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Just received my units. What is the difference again between the chrome and black bezel ones? I was hoping to get the black one.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:36 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2011 Audi A4
Originally Posted by Sincity
Just received my units. What is the difference again between the chrome and black bezel ones? I was hoping to get the black one.
Hello,

All our products are built with Black ring. Can you please let me know what you are referring to? Perhaps a picture would be perfect. Please send it to blackboxmycar@gmail.com
Old 01-08-2013, 09:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
If you are selling to Americans
You should post the price in American Dollars, not canadian dollars
$330 CDN is $343 USD

I would rather get two ebay kits for the same price after seeing the price go from $270 advertised to $330 (with power kit) and now $343 bc your from Canada.
Ive never seen numbers jump all over the place. So far i've seen it jump three times.

I dont know how they do things in vancouver but a GB should be all in, all inclusive, with the options required, american dollars, and shipped. The customer shouldnt be stuck with a calc in hand trying to figure out your pricing. I honestly feel like im a tourist trying to haggle with a rickshaw driver.

After the $14 increase....Im not interested. Take me off the list.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finevu CR500HD GB/Feeler - Full HD Dashcam - Made in Korea - BlackboxMyCar.Com