Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my wife bananas! :D
Before we decided on the glk we tried the
X3 and thought the styling was way dated
Q5 and almost bought it, had it specced to what wife wanted
Ex and thought it was ok but under powered
Fx and Didn't like the styling
Ml and didn't like it

Ultimately we went with the glk since wife liked the appearance of the car and most importantly the sales rep was able to build one in the colour she wanted lol. Carnelol red
I must say tho, I gave her full reign in the decision process and it was a interesting experience in what they classify as must haves
Old 12-11-2012, 07:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by CoolBDPhenom03
LOL!
Although 150k is just insane.....

Typically the odd handbag will be much cheaper than a wife going on a house renovation rampage
Old 12-11-2012, 08:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Fung63
Before we decided on the glk we tried the
X3 and thought the styling was way dated
Q5 and almost bought it, had it specced to what wife wanted
Ex and thought it was ok but under powered
Fx and Didn't like the styling
Ml and didn't like it

Ultimately we went with the glk since wife liked the appearance of the car and most importantly the sales rep was able to build one in the colour she wanted lol. Carnelol red
I must say tho, I gave her full reign in the decision process and it was a interesting experience in what they classify as must haves
How's the ride quality on the new GLKs? I heard the older ones were kind of rough.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:17 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Now THAT is a way to buy a car! Congrats!
Old 12-11-2012, 08:26 PM

1997 Ferrari F355 Berlinetta, 2014 Mercedes Benz ML 350, 2008 MB C63 AMG (deceased), 2009 MB C63 AMG
It's not the cost of the purse that's the true pain in the ****, but the unavailability of the Birkin. It's along the same lines as trying to buy a NEW stainless Steel Daytona or Ferrari 458, the demand greatly outnumbers supply. To get these ultra lux items, you better get used to waiting in line and "priming the pump" to get them. To even get considered to purchase that $9000 Birkin, you have to likely spend a small fortune on Twillies, scarves, Evelyn and Kelly Bags, before you will be lucky your blessed SA (sales associate) will draw your name from a hat and give you a call that you are next up on the clock for purchasing this Holy Grail of leather goods. Good Luck on that one!

Originally Posted by otakki
Wait until she turns to Mr. Hermes for a high-end Birkin bag. FYI, Birkin's prices range from USD$9,000 to USD$150,000.

Treat her the way you want to be treated. For most cases, that means keeping her in the loop before large purchases like this. And I'm sure you would like her to do the same for you as well. It should be the same regardless of the household being one or two breadwinners. It's all about respect for each other.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:51 PM

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Very very slow
Originally Posted by NCBob
Hey folks. New to the C63 forum. Been a lurker on the C Class and the GLK boards.
Took my '12 GLK350 to the dealer for a state inspection yesterday. While it was in the shop I casually looked at their selection. Came across a '12 C63 AMG with 6,000 miles on it. Took it for a spin and an hour later drove it home.
WOW! is the only descriptive term I can come up with.
Looking forward to many fun miles in this car.
If you can keep your foot out of it, the gas mileage is not much worse than the GLK. Good luck with that.

Now to make my wife happy. Not sure how much that will cost.

Looks like you just abandoned the GLK folks.

Nice upgrade man.

Congrats.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:54 PM

2013 C63C Diamond White, BMW 325i
Originally Posted by Jean Valjean
It's not the cost of the purse that's the true pain in the ****, but the unavailability of the Birkin. It's along the same lines as trying to buy a NEW stainless Steel Daytona or Ferrari 458, the demand greatly outnumbers supply. To get these ultra lux items, you better get used to waiting in line and "priming the pump" to get them. To even get considered to purchase that $9000 Birkin, you have to likely spend a small fortune on Twillies, scarves, Evelyn and Kelly Bags, before you will be lucky your blessed SA (sales associate) will draw your name from a hat and give you a call that you are next up on the clock for purchasing this Holy Grail of leather goods. Good Luck on that one!
True story. A small fortune is much needed when it comes to the Birkin like jean valjean said, although I personally fancy the black kelly 32cm in silver if you can get your hands on that one. But personally coming from a girl (a not so normal girl though), it depends on how mad she is. If she is kind of mad like hmm not talking to you then probably a nice dozen roses with a box of chocolates and maybe a diamond tennis bracelet. Then if she is so mad that she is not talking to you and she's not cooking you dinner then maybe up it to a nice dinner out with a nice bag maybe a Chanel jumbo maxi in lamb skin leather (surprised no one mentioned this one) a cool $6500 or you can opt for the grand shopper $3400 (sorry I just insured all my purses so I know the prices) and some Cartier earrings inside. Or if she is really really pissed off and she is going to make you sleep on the couch plus everything else I just said, just hand over your card and leave it at the policy "don't ask don't tell", you guys will be good after that

If it were me I would just be semi-mad you didn't take me along for the test drive and I probably would be happy that you bought it. hah. But that's me
Old 12-11-2012, 11:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by sha1na_AMG
True story. A small fortune is much needed when it comes to the Birkin like jean valjean said, although I personally fancy the black kelly 32cm in silver if you can get your hands on that one. But personally coming from a girl (a not so normal girl though), it depends on how mad she is. If she is kind of mad like hmm not talking to you then probably a nice dozen roses with a box of chocolates and maybe a diamond tennis bracelet. Then if she is so mad that she is not talking to you and she's not cooking you dinner then maybe up it to a nice dinner out with a nice bag maybe a Chanel jumbo maxi in lamb skin leather (surprised no one mentioned this one) a cool $6500 or you can opt for the grand shopper $3400 (sorry I just insured all my purses so I know the prices) and some Cartier earrings inside. Or if she is really really pissed off and she is going to make you sleep on the couch plus everything else I just said, just hand over your card and leave it at the policy "don't ask don't tell", you guys will be good after that

If it were me I would just be semi-mad you didn't take me along for the test drive and I probably would be happy that you bought it. hah. But that's me
This could be an epic post.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:10 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
(a)'12 C63 P/P, LSD, 19" m/spoke,comfort pack. (b)Astra SRI.
Question

GLK/C63????.....!!!...Ain't no choice to make .....at the IMPORTANT time....when ya put "the pedal to the metal".
My wifey has NO issues.....well she does....who's gonna drive???!!
Cheers, Pickles.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:48 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
C63 / E400 Cab
Hahha. My wife didn't want to know/test drive. Just told me that it better be good when I bring it home considering the price. She didn't think much of it when she got in but when she took it for a drive she was more of a hoon then me!
Old 12-12-2012, 05:56 AM

2013 Nissan GT-R BE
Originally Posted by sha1na_AMG
Very true, but I think bags are overrated in this case. It will be better to use the money for a couple track day vacation package or something like that.

Sheep
p.s. how exactly did you insure your bags?
Old 12-12-2012, 06:57 AM

2009 C63 AMG
wow. congrats on the 'upgrade.' I let my gf get a dog (we already have 2 cats!) She still throws the AMG in my face every now and then, but that's mostly in jest. After riding it a few times, she finally understands why I HAD to get the car.

Enjoy the car!
Old 12-12-2012, 09:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
your mom
Initially, all my wife cared abt was if the infant seat fit in the back and the stroller fit in the trunk. So we went looking for ANY C63 close to us to check if those things fit.

We found one. I parked the GL next to the C63 on their lot. The salesperson helped us move/fit the baby seat and the stroller in the trunk. ALL well. My wife says: yeah this should be okay, although its a tight fit.

Then the salesperson offered us to go for a ride and added "let me move it out of the lot".

As he sat in the car and started it, the 6.2 motor came alive with a cold cold bark. That when my wife said. Wow. I don't think we need a test drive really. We should just stop looking at the M3 and CTS-V and buy a C63.

a week later, I found a color i liked and had it shipped over.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by CoolBDPhenom03
This could be an epic post.
Hah, just trying to give advice from both ends of the spectrum

Originally Posted by Sheep
Very true, but I think bags are overrated in this case. It will be better to use the money for a couple track day vacation package or something like that.

Sheep
p.s. how exactly did you insure your bags?
Yes I remember how you think bags are overrated, haha. But I am still a girl and those are my other addictions/passions aside from anything stamped AMG of course. But you are right though, I myself would have rather had a day at the track, maybe an advanced course at the AMG driving academy with my hubby, then dinner. But that is of course assuming she (the wife) is into cars. And if she was then she wouldn't be mad. Unless she is mad that he bought the C63 instead of the C63black for example hah, that would be my only other reason probably. Oh and you can insure bags through your home insurance or you can go through a specialty insurance. I went through my home insurance because they said me and my mom's collection was getting too extensive and it was taking up too much of the policy. So yea have a chat with your home insurance I am sure your mom's collection is larger than mine so it might be worth it

*Sorry for the lengthiness guys, not trying to hijack this thread for the record
Old 12-12-2012, 09:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A lot of ppl forget or don't realize that the beauty of the c63 is that it is a family car. Especially the sedan version it is quite functional in normal daily life duties. It just does them via a larger engine, more torque, more growl and more gas used

And sha1na, nice posts... Keep them coming. It is good insight for guys like me lol. Looking back, when a prev gf introduced me to the world of luxury goods... It was a start of an expensive relationship with these brands. Oh well, they look good and I dig the customer service you get when you walk into the store

Last edited by Fung63; 12-12-2012 at 09:36 AM.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Fung63
And sha1na, nice posts... Keep them coming. It is good insight for guys like me lol. Looking back, when a prev gf introduced me to the world of luxury goods... It was a start of an expensive relationship with these brands. Oh well, they look good and I dig the customer service you get when you walk into the store
Hah thanks Fung! I am glad I can lend some insight. But like you boys always say gotta pay to play right? Same goes with high fashion. And you are right customer service is really good in store and out. I had a package stolen by I think our community's gardeners and it happened to be from Nordstrom. So I call Nordstrom and they overnight me the same package with no fight and no charge, it was amazing.

P.S.- There are four Nordstrom stores to open in Canada. That's exciting
Old 12-12-2012, 10:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
Oh oh, I feel this thread will be 10 pages by tomolo since Shania joined... talking about expensive purses. LOL
Old 12-12-2012, 11:36 AM
b16

2009 C63, 2000 ML 430, 1994 Del Sol Vtec
I thank god my wife is not into that ****. I hear it from my carpooler, his wife must have $60,000 worth of bags. WTF is wrong with you people!? lol

My wife only requires I buy some new kitchen tools from Sur Le Table, much easier on the wallet. :P
Old 12-12-2012, 12:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
Originally Posted by b16
I thank god my wife is not into that ****. I hear it from my carpooler, his wife must have $60,000 worth of bags. WTF is wrong with you people!? lol
Agreed. We're way off topic, and Im a firm believer to each their own, but $9k purses to me just exemplifies the excessiveness that has become "cool" in our culture. What's "cool" is realizing how much more that $9k can do for someone or something than a purse. The day my wife brings home a $9k purse is the last day I'll be there when she walks in the door!
Old 12-12-2012, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Awesome story! Next time I buy I car, I'm telling my wife I'm going out to buy bread and eggs, then come back with a new car! She'd kill me!
Old 12-12-2012, 03:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by b16

My wife only requires I buy some new kitchen tools from Sur Le Table, much easier on the wallet. :P
Really. My wife would think spending 10K on a bag is foolishness.

Originally Posted by rory breaker
Agreed. We're way off topic, and Im a firm believer to each their own, but $9k purses to me just exemplifies the excessiveness that has become "cool" in our culture. What's "cool" is realizing how much more that $9k can do for someone or something than a purse. The day my wife brings home a $9k purse is the last day I'll be there when she walks in the door!
+1 Common sense is not so common anymore.

The rules that my wife and I have are:

1. Do not omit or lie about anything. (I am talking serious matters.)
2. Be respectful and forthcoming.
3. Always discuss big ticket purchases, it's not a control thing, just courtesy.

These rules have worked for millions of people in relationships business and personal.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:09 PM

2013 Nissan GT-R BE
Originally Posted by b16

Nothing is wrong, and you should have seen my mother's Burberry collection... BTW Shaina I didn't mean that bags are overrated, rather I just think that a track day vacation will be better.

Sheep
Old 12-12-2012, 04:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
your mom
so what were we talking about...
Old 12-12-2012, 04:51 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63; 2011 E350 Coupe
Originally Posted by USCGTO
First of all congrats on the new toy. You'll enjoy every moment.

Secondly as regards the MPG, I beg to differ.

If you can keep your foot off the gas in the C63 - you can definitely do the same in the GLK, albeit much easily.

On a recent service trip I took the C63 to the dealer and came back home with a 2012/2013 GLK.

Same weather - almost same distance - same traffic

I tried my best with the C63 and the GLK was casually driven with a couple stops for coffee and small grocery.

C63 - 18.8 mpg @ 58mph

GLK - 31.4 mpg @ 64 mph and 2 stops (Extra city driving)

That's a difference of 13 mpg right there.
I tried my darnedest to see what I could get as best mileage on the GLK. Nothing ever came close to your results. As another poster asked: "are you driving a diesel?"
Old 12-12-2012, 05:01 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63; 2011 E350 Coupe
Originally Posted by otakki
Wait until she turns to Mr. Hermes for a high-end Birkin bag. FYI, Birkin's prices range from USD$9,000 to USD$150,000.

Treat her the way you want to be treated. For most cases, that means keeping her in the loop before large purchases like this. And I'm sure you would like her to do the same for you as well. It should be the same regardless of the household being one or two breadwinners. It's all about respect for each other.

Ahh, a marriage counselor

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wife is not very happy