Sponsored by:

So I'm giving in...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63C Diamond White, BMW 325i
Originally Posted by b16
Screw that. The euro delivery memories and trip would last longer than the car. Taking a euro delivery is on my bucket list, yet to be checked off. Do it and take a ton of pics blasting around the Autobahn. Please do a few laps on the 'ring and video tape it of course!
Originally Posted by CoolBDPhenom03
According to our last recommendations, she was supposed to get some GoPros.
LOL. Ok boys will do. Plus the ring was already on my itinerary I mean how can one not stop by right? Oh and not to be a party pooper but I got the Nikon J1, it was soo pretty I got suckered in. Yea that was the girl in me calling.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:03 PM
b16

2009 C63, 2000 ML 430, 1994 Del Sol Vtec
According to our last recommendations, she was supposed to get some GoPros.
Glad to see you guys are already on top of this.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cee Fiddy Five
Don't have much input other than good luck with the med school apps, just got back from my fourth interview today! Wish I applied to some schools where it's warm year round...
Old 01-03-2013, 07:11 PM

350z, Frontier, Jeep CJ-5, C63
Originally Posted by sha1na_AMG
Hi cmvash! Did you happen to go through herbert for your EDP? Because he told me of a man who went to euro for his car as well who had the diamond white and porcelain/black interior as well. Yea me and my parents talked it over and it seems like they would rather do the EDP i am guessing for one due to the lack of haggling for a price which is nice and two for the experience. hah. But thanks for the advice
Bingo. That would be me. I really enjoyed dealing with Herb. Not haggling and saving over 7% was pretty nice.

B16 is spot on. I'll always carry the memories of the EDP with my dad, especially our laps around the Nurburging - this was a bucket list item for me, and still is as I can't wait to return. Cruising 120mph+ down the deregulated roads is a visceral experience as well.

I think you'll regret not going otherwise, but I'm sure you'll make the right choice for yourself.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by b16
I was soo close to getting that GoPro but it ended up being a no go. But pictures and some videos will definitely be returning with me from euro if that is the for sure route I go
Old 01-03-2013, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by MercedesFTW
Don't have much input other than good luck with the med school apps, just got back from my fourth interview today! Wish I applied to some schools where it's warm year round...
Awesome! I am starting on my primaries and my secondaries in march for the schools I have a high interest in. But I have my MCAT in like 3 weeks so I'm getting nervous. I might PM you for advice if that's ok
Old 01-03-2013, 07:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
LOL. Ok boys will do. Plus the ring was already on my itinerary I mean how can one not stop by right? Oh and not to be a party pooper but I got the Nikon J1, it was soo pretty I got suckered in. Yea that was the girl in me calling.
Hahaha.

Originally Posted by b16
You know it

Hahaha... you make me laugh CoolBD. I call everyone dear, it kind of weirds them out. But I am a girl and it's second nature
It's a nice touch, but it might lead some of the more oblivious folks on I'm just messin' with you guys. I call all of my gf's friends hon. That way I can never be accused of cheating
Old 01-03-2013, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by cmvash
Bingo. That would be me. I really enjoyed dealing with Herb. Not haggling and saving over 7% was pretty nice.

B16 is spot on. I'll always carry the memories of the EDP with my dad, especially our laps around the Nurburging - this was a bucket list item for me, and still is as I can't wait to return. Cruising 120mph+ down the deregulated roads is a visceral experience as well.

I think you'll regret not going otherwise, but I'm sure you'll make the right choice for yourself.
I am going with my mom! Awesome to see you took your father with you. I am hoping this will be fun. I think my mom might want to get out of the car while I drive the ring though. I am a girl but I know how to negotiate my turns and then she yells at me. Like today in the car. So yea... haha. Btw how was it for you dealing with break in and driving around euro since there are no speed limits and such?

Hah thanks so much for all your advice I greatly appreciate it
Old 01-03-2013, 07:47 PM
b16

2009 C63, 2000 ML 430, 1994 Del Sol Vtec
There are two theories to breaking in an engine.

1. Drive like a pansy for 1,000 miles
2. Drive it like you stole it from day 1.

I have always chose option 2 on new cars or fresh engine builds. Although, I bought my C63 used.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
Euro delivery for sure.. It's almost like the AMG event, something u won't forget!

Btw, since u r going ED.. U should ask them to include the Euro AMG 19's multispokes.. They look much better than the AMG 5spokes 18's!
Old 01-03-2013, 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cee Fiddy Five
Awesome! I am starting on my primaries and my secondaries in march for the schools I have a high interest in. But I have my MCAT in like 3 weeks so I'm getting nervous. I might PM you for advice if that's ok
Took my MCAT in the end of January...a few years ago. Feel free to PM!
Old 01-03-2013, 10:59 PM

2013 C63 coupe PP31......BMW 330
Take a short trip over there and check out the car.,,,you will buy right then and there if you Feel it !!! then transport it or drive it back....then you would already got the break-in out of the way !!!!
Old 01-03-2013, 11:05 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 AMG P30 + OE Tuning
sha1na: good luck on the car and med school! do let us know the specs of the C63 you end up with.. euro delivery would be ideal though
Old 01-03-2013, 11:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
I hope folks are not continuing to apply only for American schools year after year. Ever considered becoming an FMG (Foreign Medical Graduate) rather than an "AMG" (American Medical Graduate) by going with offshore schools rather than wasting years applying. I know many who wasted years trying to be an AMG, then still ended up becoming an FMG in the end and realizing there is no difference when you are practicing.

Sorry to the OP for going off topic with the comment above. It's hard to advise either the EDP or getting from Arkansas. Each has its pro's and con's.

Last edited by otakki; 01-03-2013 at 11:46 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
I think my cousin tried to go to med school in the Bahamas.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:36 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
G63, C190 AMG GTC, W209 CLK63 BS, W208 CLK430
Sounds like a win-win to me
Old 01-05-2013, 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by b16
There are two theories to breaking in an engine.

1. Drive like a pansy for 1,000 miles
2. Drive it like you stole it from day 1.

I have always chose option 2 on new cars or fresh engine builds. Although, I bought my C63 used.
Yea I did option number one for my first car but I have no idea how I can do that in a c63. I mean I accidentally hit 115 on the test drive down the freeway. I think the car prefers speeds over 100 but that's just my guess
Old 01-05-2013, 04:42 AM

It's a nice touch, but it might lead some of the more oblivious folks on I'm just messin' with you guys. I call all of my gf's friends hon. That way I can never be accused of cheating [/QUOTE]

Haha my cousin says that's why he calls all his girlfriends and "special friends" babe so that for one he doesn't get caught and he also says he can't remember all their names. So yea... I guess it makes sense though.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by Roswell
Euro delivery for sure.. It's almost like the AMG event, something u won't forget!

Btw, since u r going ED.. U should ask them to include the Euro AMG 19's multispokes.. They look much better than the AMG 5spokes 18's!
I would totally ask for this as I love those rims and it might be cheaper and quicker than getting the HRE P43. Just being cost effective haha
Old 01-05-2013, 04:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Yea I did option number one for my first car but I have no idea how I can do that in a c63. I mean I accidentally hit 115 on the test drive down the freeway. I think the car prefers speeds over 100 but that's just my guess
The first time my gf drive my car, she didn't realize she hit 100. Same thing happened when I took my bike out on the highway after I bought it.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:47 AM

Hopefully this January MCAT will be good to me as well. And thanks!!

Originally Posted by justdjames
Take a short trip over there and check out the car.,,,you will buy right then and there if you Feel it !!! then transport it or drive it back....then you would already got the break-in out of the way !!!!
I wish I had the time. Between my MCAT, school and this newly acquired flu my life is a mess. I should just win the lottery
Old 01-05-2013, 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by yazid
sha1na: good luck on the car and med school! do let us know the specs of the C63 you end up with.. euro delivery would be ideal though
Thanks yazid! Currently I have the car is set up as follows:

C63 coupe in diamond white
Porcelain/black interior
Aluminum Trim (this may change to burl walnut)
P31
LSD
Multimedia Package
Lighting Package
Parktronic
Lane Tracking Package
Keyless Go
AMG door sills
Rear Side Impact Airbags

But I will keep posted if anything is added or subtracted
Old 01-05-2013, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by VividRacing
Sounds like a win-win to me
Haha trust me you should see their website and their pamphlets. They have pictures of the dorms and they have an ocean view. So they are like "study while you watch the dolphins swim" haha

I think it was most likely the Carib. I am debating on if and when to apply there

Originally Posted by otakki
I hope folks are not continuing to apply only for American schools year after year. Ever considered becoming an FMG (Foreign Medical Graduate) rather than an "AMG" (American Medical Graduate) by going with offshore schools rather than wasting years applying. I know many who wasted years trying to be an AMG, then still ended up becoming an FMG in the end and realizing there is no difference when you are practicing.

Sorry to the OP for going off topic with the comment above. It's hard to advise either the EDP or getting from Arkansas. Each has its pro's and con's.
I have no idea what I am going to do. I was planning on just going head on FMG in the carib But with the new change in boards and residency matching it is going to be extremely hard for FMG's to match into residency programs now. Before DO (doctor of osteopathic medicine) docs were matching before MDs and not allowed to rematch with MDs if they already matched. Now I think they are combining the board and the match date is the same. So less spots will now be open potentially for FMGs. I guess I have a lot of soul searching to do in the coming months. But even then I have not written on becoming an FMG just a little more worried.

And no worries about off topic. I am probably queen of going off topic in threads at this point unfortunately. Yea I agree both have their pros and cons. It's so hard figuring out what is right at times.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:03 AM

The first time my gf drive my car, she didn't realize she hit 100. Same thing happened when I took my bike out on the highway after I bought it.
See certain cars and bikes prefer those speeds. Although to be honest I don't know if I would be that bold on a bike. I should learn to ride sooner than later so I can finally get a cool jacket and helmet to match the hyabusa. If I can manage the hyabusa, 400lbs to 120 lbs. The bike will win if I fall off. haha.

Btw do you think it would flow if I tell the popo that my car prefers that speed on the next ticket? I'm guessing no but I would love to see his reaction
Old 01-05-2013, 05:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
I think a blank state would follow that excuse :p

A Turbo Busa? I hope you're joking.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: So I'm giving in...