C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

So I'm giving in...

Old 01-03-2013, 04:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63C Diamond White, BMW 325i
So I'm giving in...

Hi all! Happy new year!

So I was randomly cruising Autotrader and found a car with the same build and such as the one I ordered. Being the weakling that I am, I convinced my parents to look at this car since it will be more cost effective (potentially) than flying to euro and having a 3 week vacation there. My question is since the car I am interested in is in Arkansas and I am in San Diego how do I go about trying to make a deal with this car? And if I do have to talk to a local dealership here in SoCal which do you recommend? I don't mind going as far as LA if that means I can get a good deal. Thanks in advance guys and I hope all of you had a safe and fun new year!
Old 01-03-2013, 06:18 AM

C63 Coupe Edition 1
talk to them on phone? or go to local dealer and tell them u want that but at a good price and talk them down or what not. they should get it to u shipped free. they want to sell the car. they'll probably tell u to hurry and buy it theres other people who want it now and bla blah. be careful. call the place ur self and ur local dealer. GL .
i got mines shipped from washington i believe.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
your mom
I found one I liked (All options - Quartz Blue - White leather) and it was 1600 miles from me. In Nor-Cal.

Negotiated - settled on a price - took a flight - completed paperwork and had it shipped. Getting it shipped was one of the highlights of the process. Simply beautiful and seamless.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:57 AM

c63
Originally Posted by sha1na_AMG
Hi all! Happy new year!

So I was randomly cruising Autotrader and found a car with the same build and such as the one I ordered. Being the weakling that I am, I convinced my parents to look at this car since it will be more cost effective (potentially) than flying to euro and having a 3 week vacation there. My question is since the car I am interested in is in Arkansas and I am in San Diego how do I go about trying to make a deal with this car? And if I do have to talk to a local dealership here in SoCal which do you recommend? I don't mind going as far as LA if that means I can get a good deal. Thanks in advance guys and I hope all of you had a safe and fun new year!
if daddy is buying you a car and doesnt care to help with the purchasing process, why do you? if you want it, break out the check book and make it happen
Old 01-03-2013, 11:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Is it at an MB dealership?
Old 01-03-2013, 01:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'15 VW GTI
they were going to spring for a euro delivery, and you can't wait??
Old 01-03-2013, 01:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

my wife bananas! :D
i am going to guess the car is pretty new so you will have the remaining of the new car warranty. but make sure you can also do the extended limited warranty too (if you plan on keeping the car)

I'm a big road trip guy so if you have the time for it and you have a companion (mom maybe?) you can drive it back. would make for a very fun trip. if not, and as others have said, shipping it over is pretty painless. I was about to ship a car to me until i found one local.

i'm not sure if $$ really plays a factor here but common sense would say you would save alot from buying this car from autotrader.. wont take the hit from depreciation as a first owner etc. Could be $ you use for mods

is this car a 2012? if so you can definitely negotiate further. and when is your expected time of completion on your car? you do get a 3 wk trip out of it tho so that is something to consider
Old 01-03-2013, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by farhadahmad
talk to them on phone? or go to local dealer and tell them u want that but at a good price and talk them down or what not. they should get it to u shipped free. they want to sell the car. they'll probably tell u to hurry and buy it theres other people who want it now and bla blah. be careful. call the place ur self and ur local dealer. GL .
i got mines shipped from washington i believe.
Originally Posted by USCGTO
I found one I liked (All options - Quartz Blue - White leather) and it was 1600 miles from me. In Nor-Cal.

Negotiated - settled on a price - took a flight - completed paperwork and had it shipped. Getting it shipped was one of the highlights of the process. Simply beautiful and seamless.
Hi boys thanks for the info. I guess if I end up going this route I will do some hw first and see if I should go through a local dealer or go through the Arkansas peeps. But from what you said it seems pretty simple. Thanks again
Old 01-03-2013, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by _timothy
if daddy is buying you a car and doesnt care to help with the purchasing process, why do you? if you want it, break out the check book and make it happen
Hmm... well that would be super disrespectful if I signed off his checkbook plus I am Asian so they wouldn't take that lightly so I would probably get ran over by my C63 on one random night if you know what I mean. haha. Plus I am in the process of applying to medical school so i am trying to be considerate of their finances even if they aren't thinking too much about that.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by CoolBDPhenom03
Is it at an MB dealership?
Yes. Northwestern Arkansas or something along those lines. It's brand new.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Even Money
they were going to spring for a euro delivery, and you can't wait??
Yea I know... And I am trying to be thoughtful of how much I am going to spend this year between the car and my med school apps and medical school. So I figured buying here would be cheaper and I would get it sooner too. Win-win?
Old 01-03-2013, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Fung63
i am going to guess the car is pretty new so you will have the remaining of the new car warranty. but make sure you can also do the extended limited warranty too (if you plan on keeping the car)

I'm a big road trip guy so if you have the time for it and you have a companion (mom maybe?) you can drive it back. would make for a very fun trip. if not, and as others have said, shipping it over is pretty painless. I was about to ship a car to me until i found one local.

i'm not sure if $$ really plays a factor here but common sense would say you would save alot from buying this car from autotrader.. wont take the hit from depreciation as a first owner etc. Could be $ you use for mods

is this car a 2012? if so you can definitely negotiate further. and when is your expected time of completion on your car? you do get a 3 wk trip out of it tho so that is something to consider
Hi Fung! The car is actually brand new and is a 2013 so yea hah. Yea I think I would go the shipping route since I don't exactly have the time to fully enjoy the drive. I am in my last semester so things are kind of crazy.

Hah I think my parents said I have to sign a mod contract... Which says I can't mod for X years.

My parents said they are still leaning toward euro delivery unless we get an amazing deal. I guess the euro trip was part of the grad gift as well as the car. I feel truly blessed that they care that much and think that way. hah. Hope you had a great new years btw
Old 01-03-2013, 02:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
If they were willing to fly that family to Germany for a factory delivery I'm sure daddy can pony up some coin for a flight from SD to Arkansas, can't be more than $500 for a round trip ticket....hell, buy a one way ticket and drive the thing home.

....and screw your local dealer, all they are going to do is muddy the waters and step on the price tag costing you(or yoyur dad) more money. You best bet is to make a few phone calls, agree on he price(get it in writing) and then fly in with a cashiers check or financing in hand.

Last edited by jrcart; 01-03-2013 at 02:39 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Yea I know... And I am trying to be thoughtful of how much I am going to spend this year between the car and my med school apps and medical school. So I figured buying here would be cheaper and I would get it sooner too. Win-win?
Brains, good taste, and good conscience. Happy New year!
Old 01-03-2013, 04:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Tough choice. The euro delivery experience would be amazing.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:18 PM
b16

2009 C63, 2000 ML 430, 1994 Del Sol Vtec
If they're buying you a brand new C63 I think any "financial consideration" has been thrown out the window. lol

Go Euro delivery.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by jrcart
If they were willing to fly that family to Germany for a factory delivery I'm sure daddy can pony up some coin for a flight from SD to Arkansas, can't be more than $500 for a round trip ticket....hell, buy a one way ticket and drive the thing home.

....and screw your local dealer, all they are going to do is muddy the waters and step on the price tag costing you(or yoyur dad) more money. You best bet is to make a few phone calls, agree on he price(get it in writing) and then fly in with a cashiers check or financing in hand.
Yea I agree with calling the dealer directly. That's why I asked if anyone knew someone in SoCal because all the ones I know of are kind of money hungry but I guess that's why they call them the stealerships. Hah.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:36 PM

350z, Frontier, Jeep CJ-5, C63
Yes. Northwestern Arkansas or something along those lines. It's brand new.
Small world. I live in NWA, but work out of Dallas. The dealer there is pretty small - I'm surprised they carry any AMG stock. I had a pleasant experience the first time I took my car there for service, however.

I doubt you'll find a dealer who will negotiate 7%+ off a 2013 model readily. I went through though the EDP and still pocketed money over local dealers offerings. I know you're anxious, but you'll be better off with sticking to your EDP schedule and happier for it.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Sincity
Brains, good taste, and good conscience. Happy New year!
Hah thanks dear. Happy new year to you as well
Old 01-03-2013, 06:45 PM

Tough choice. The euro delivery experience would be amazing.
I know I think we/they are leaning towards it. I mean I know this sounds bad but I kind of sort of don't mind either way as long as I get my car. LOL. I sound like a brat

Originally Posted by b16
If they're buying you a brand new C63 I think any "financial consideration" has been thrown out the window. lol

Go Euro delivery.
Hi b16! haha I am glad you called me out on this because I totally thought the same thing after I posted this last night. You are right though any financial consideration has been thrown out to a degree. But every little bit helps yea?
Old 01-03-2013, 06:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Hah thanks dear. Happy new year to you as well
Aww snap, she called you "dear"
Old 01-03-2013, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by cmvash
Small world. I live in NWA, but work out of Dallas. The dealer there is pretty small - I'm surprised they carry any AMG stock. I had a pleasant experience the first time I took my car there for service, however.

I doubt you'll find a dealer who will negotiate 7%+ off a 2013 model readily. I went through though the EDP and still pocketed money over local dealers offerings. I know you're anxious, but you'll be better off with sticking to your EDP schedule and happier for it.
Hi cmvash! Did you happen to go through herbert for your EDP? Because he told me of a man who went to euro for his car as well who had the diamond white and porcelain/black interior as well. Yea me and my parents talked it over and it seems like they would rather do the EDP i am guessing for one due to the lack of haggling for a price which is nice and two for the experience. hah. But thanks for the advice

Last edited by sha1na_AMG; 01-03-2013 at 06:56 PM. Reason: forgot the smiley
Old 01-03-2013, 06:56 PM
b16

2009 C63, 2000 ML 430, 1994 Del Sol Vtec
Hi b16! haha I am glad you called me out on this because I totally thought the same thing after I posted this last night. You are right though any financial consideration has been thrown out to a degree. But every little bit helps yea?
Screw that. The euro delivery memories and trip would last longer than the car. Taking a euro delivery is on my bucket list, yet to be checked off. Do it and take a ton of pics blasting around the Autobahn. Please do a few laps on the 'ring and video tape it of course!
Old 01-03-2013, 06:58 PM

Aww snap, she called you "dear"
Hahaha... you make me laugh CoolBD. I call everyone dear, it kind of weirds them out. But I am a girl and it's second nature
Old 01-03-2013, 06:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by b16
Screw that. The euro delivery memories and trip would last longer than the car. Taking a euro delivery is on my bucket list, yet to be checked off. Do it and take a ton of pics blasting around the Autobahn. Please do a few laps on the 'ring and video tape it of course!
According to our last recommendations, she was supposed to get some GoPros.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: So I'm giving in...