C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Bleeding problem after painting caliper

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 06:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bleeding problem after painting caliper

Hello all, I am next to zero when it comes to automotive knowledge but I wish someone can share.

I just had my caliper painted and upon installation the workshop was having difficulties in bleeding and as i understood, the ecu has to be reset. But after several attempts the brake is still very deep. I was told the problem could be the brake master. Finally the car was brought to the dealer and the diagnosis showed hydraulic error or fault. Now the dealer is still trying to clean the piston seal of the rear brakes.

The brake was perfectly fine before the painting. What do you think caused the problem? Do you think the damage was caused by wrong procedure in bleeding?
Old 01-10-2013, 12:44 PM

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts
2014 C63 AMG 507 sedan
If they had difficulties bleeding, then it's probably air bubbles in the line. Was there a ton of overspray on the bleeder nipple and pistons?
Old 01-10-2013, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Thrilla
If they had difficulties bleeding, then it's probably air bubbles in the line. Was there a ton of overspray on the bleeder nipple and pistons?
I didnt see it personally but it was bled at least 5 times, twice in the dealer. After it was bled, the pedal was high but back to deep again after a few mins.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:18 AM

now after the pistons were put back on, i was told the brake locked and ESP off light is on. What the????
Old 01-11-2013, 07:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
A V8
They must be bled in a certain order, I believe the farthest from the master cylinder then to the closest. Please confirm. However, i'm sure the dealer knows this..

Either that, or they aren't doing something else right.