Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 01:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Sedan
An Undertaking!

Hello fellow forum members!

I have now owned my precious for six and a half glorious months.

After buying my car I found this amazing community here and throughout my short time I have found a vast wealth of information on absolutely everything and when I didn't a simple question in a new thread usually yielded results.

Now I have also seen that many of the same questions are asked over and over. I know the default answer is use the search button, but let's be honest here, sometimes you can spend hours searching using the correct keywords and not find what you are looking for even though there is in fact a post describing it.

So, this brings me to my point. Given my passion for our cars, both the sedan, coupe and Black Series, I want to (in fact I already have begun working on it) open up a website, detailing all types of mods and DIY type of things. Basically, if the information is there I want to sort and organize it an easy to find manner. What I am not looking to do is to replace this. The site will not have a discussion forum or anything of the sort but is rather to act as an encyclopedia for our cars (08-future).

My idea is to organize all the common mods such as interior mods, exterior mods, and performance mods into separate categories and under say performance mods there will be an exhaust section. If you were to go into this section you would find different types of exhausts available for the car, information on the exhaust, where it fits etc as well as videos uploaded by users to show what it sounds like. I also want to show as many DIY videos or "threads" such as how to remove and install the side markers, or how to remove and install the window trim or the door locks, etc etc.

Basically its to be a reference for owners, by owners.

Anyway, I wanted to just throw this out there and see who would think this is a good idea (and may be able to lend a hand) and who would think this is a bad idea and why? (maybe it exists and i just dont know about it?)

As always, everyone's input is appreciated, it is after all why I continue to visit this site 500 times a day
Old 01-14-2013, 01:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
You are right. I find this forum very useful and powerful. Nevertheless i still think it needs to be tidy up a little. I mean the search option doesnt necessary bring the answer you are looking for. Quite honestly i hit more interesting results for this forum via google search.
So your idea of organizing DIY, mods etc... is what's missing here at least for the c63 section. But i think it has to be part of this forum. That is why i would recommend you to get in touch with whoever runs this site and see how your project can be integrated here. Maybe you'll find out it is something that is being worked on or else.
Bottom line this is a great idea that will facilitate our daily usage and reduce the number of redundant posts as well.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SI
similar to wikipedia?
Old 01-14-2013, 02:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by sickfox
similar to wikipedia?
Not really. Wikipedia lists info. This is to be a much more dynamic type of site including tons of pics and videos.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:06 AM
Administrator

Received 515 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
This has been done on other parts of the forum (W211 AMG). I would think that if enough information is organized and linked, we could make a sticky for quick and easy access.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by Rock
This has been done on other parts of the forum (W211 AMG). I would think that if enough information is organized and linked, we could make a sticky for quick and easy access.
Hi Rock,

What I am trying to do would be much more than what a sticky could hold. I really would love to have it integrated with this site, since all the information is pretty much from here. I just want everything to be organized in an easy to find way.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:22 PM
Administrator

Received 515 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
You can pm me or administration (ScottW911 or speedlimit) with a more detailed plan. We are alway interested in improving MBworld.