C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Furious with Mercedes financial advice plz

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 12:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by Fung63
i'm reading this as .. get off the lease merry-go-round and buy cars from now on
I saw it as a merry go round when explained to me back years ago in high school. Seemed like a never ending cycle, too many restrictions, money down, I just opted to buy cars. I buy 12-24 low mile, pay off and keep it till I am tired of it, or see something else I REALLY want. Stopped buying new cars back in 2001, never again. After a few years of driving, and you want to sell..it's yours to do so.

I know some debate the lease vs finance/buy options, comes down to what works for you I suppose. For me, buying works to the better.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:50 AM

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
2020 AMG GTR
so many people from canada in this thread..... doesn't seem to be this way in my neck of the woods....
Old 01-18-2013, 09:17 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63; 2011 E350 Coupe
actually traded it in.
Originally Posted by arctichaze
We just returned my GFs C300. Least was not due until April 2013. She was 4k over the mileage (40k total), door dings galore, broken foglight and bald tires plus it got in an accident 2x! Leased a new GLK350 that was 2x4 fully loaded minus HIDs and Keyless go MSRP was $46K and they ate everything on the C300. $2,000 down and $530 bucks monthly payment for a 36 month 36k Miles lease including all maintenance. Residual was $26K for GLK. I think we got a good deal considering how f-ed up her C300 was. Now of she could only drive a car like it was not a bump car If you lease a new car and you know some people they will basically let you get away with murder on a new lease.

PS the Navi and tech toys on the GLK makes me want to get rid of my C63 lol
You did not get nailed with after-lease charges because you actually traded it in. If you are close to the mileage limit prior to lease end and the car needs work, get rid of it prior to turn-in date.

OP, I feel for ya. I leased a Porsche 996 Twin Turbo in 2002. Kept it for the lease term and turned it in with 8,000 miles less than the limit. It was just as cherry as the day I picked it up. I also offered them $10k under residual to buy it. That went over like a lead balloon. Porsche Credit still found several thousand $$ in after lease charges. I refused to pay and they are still sending me monthly statements four years later. EFF 'em.
I'll never lease again. I bought my C63.

Last edited by NCBob; 01-18-2013 at 09:19 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-18-2013, 01:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Black Series
Thought about leasing but am very glad I purchased the car. "Cant Touch Me!"
Old 01-18-2013, 01:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by NCBob
actually traded it in.

You did not get nailed with after-lease charges because you actually traded it in. If you are close to the mileage limit prior to lease end and the car needs work, get rid of it prior to turn-in date.

OP, I feel for ya. I leased a Porsche 996 Twin Turbo in 2002. Kept it for the lease term and turned it in with 8,000 miles less than the limit. It was just as cherry as the day I picked it up. I also offered them $10k under residual to buy it. That went over like a lead balloon. Porsche Credit still found several thousand $$ in after lease charges. I refused to pay and they are still sending me monthly statements four years later. EFF 'em.
I'll never lease again. I bought my C63.
Since I really don't know how these things work... Out of curiosity how did MB Financial eat up cost of the screwed up C300 without complaining? Yes I did technically trade it in. But that car required at least $3-4k fixes and we still managed to get a good lease term on the GLK. Where did the money go?