Weistec Is Building Me Another Monster

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 10:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by HoozyerdaddyC63
Love the videos Jim. I hope you're bringing that CBS back with you so I can see it around town and maybe at the drag strip.
Jim, both cars will be back here soon enough. Doing some final tweaking to squeez a few more hp out of the CLK and a couple more little events in California before shipping the cars home to Chicago. They should both be back here by mid April and then it's off to Byron. Keep in touch man.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:50 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
CLS55 AMG, ML63 AMG, Cayenne S
Saw the vids, IMPRESSIVE!, some are almost painful to watch, I mean, if I claim 888whp and lose like that... damn!, that's gotta be tough, but special mention to the absolute crushing of that M5... you made it look like the guy was going in reverse... OUCH!

The whole point is to have THE fastest BS's in the world or are there plans for circuit racing?, just wondering...
Old 03-11-2013, 03:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E46 M3,15 Yukon Denali,09 C63
Some might say this is comparing apples to oranges (and it kinda is) but considering the same displacement I was wondering what psi you would need to run on the S3 kit to hit say 800whp? Curious because a guy is hoping for that number on his ZR1 and he has heads and cam upgrade along with running over 20psi..22 to be exact if i am not mistaken.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by kaz109
Some might say this is comparing apples to oranges (and it kinda is) but considering the same displacement I was wondering what psi you would need to run on the S3 kit to hit say 800whp? Curious because a guy is hoping for that number on his ZR1 and he has heads and cam upgrade along with running over 20psi..22 to be exact if i am not mistaken.
My Weistec supercharged CLK Black Series is making about 900whp at 15-16psi.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63
Originally Posted by kaz109
Boost is a measurement of restriction so relative to how good the cars heads are its a hard comparison. 20psi on one car is not the same airflow on another if you get what I mean.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:22 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
G63, C190 AMG GTC, W209 CLK63 BS, W208 CLK430
Originally Posted by GeorgeSmooth
Boost is a measurement of restriction so relative to how good the cars heads are its a hard comparison. 20psi on one car is not the same airflow on another if you get what I mean.
Exactly, compression ratio is also a factor!
Old 03-14-2013, 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Road race cooling mods are being completed this week, should have some photos posted shortly
Old 03-14-2013, 01:39 PM

This will cool to see. Where will you be running the car?
Old 03-14-2013, 04:58 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by jrcart
Road race cooling mods are being completed this week, should have some photos posted shortly
Are you using the standard black series radiator oil and trans cooler? Or do you mean cooling for the supercharger aka heat exchangers?

I have a 2012 coupe and was looking to retrofit the black series trans and oil cooler since ill be doing drag racing and time attack/hpde but if weistec is building units that are better than the black series coolers I'd wait for those.. So are these going to be released to us mortals or was it a custom job
Old 03-14-2013, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Ezec63
Are you using the standard black series radiator oil and trans cooler? Or do you mean cooling for the supercharger aka heat exchangers?

I have a 2012 coupe and was looking to retrofit the black series trans and oil cooler since ill be doing drag racing and time attack/hpde but if weistec is building units that are better than the black series coolers I'd wait for those.. So are these going to be released to us mortals or was it a custom job
Weistec already installed heat exchangers, their are additional oil and trans cooling mods engineered and designed by Weistec going on the car....realy really slick set up. Obviously the stock Black Series has significant oil, trans and dif cooling upgrades over a standard C63 but with the added heat and performance the Weistec 3.0 blower will make I stressed to them that I want to make sure this car can run for 20-30 minute hard stints on a road course with no heat related issues so theirnengineers went to work and came up with an incredible solution that will be of major interest to anyone that runs their Weistec powered C on a road course.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
03SL55
Weistec already installed heat exchangers, their are additional oil and trans cooling mods engineered and designed by Weistec going on the car....realy really slick set up. Obviously the stock Black Series has significant oil, trans and dif cooling upgrades over a standard C63 but with the added heat and performance the Weistec 3.0 blower will make I stressed to them that I want to make sure this car can run for 20-30 minute hard stints on a road course with no heat related issues so theirnengineers went to work and came up with an incredible solution that will be of major interest to anyone that runs their Weistec powered C on a road course.

With only the use of ambient air or?
Old 03-14-2013, 10:16 PM

2011 C63
ohh man i cant wait to see these beasts!
Old 03-14-2013, 10:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'09 SL Black, '12 ML63, '13 SL63, '14 E63 Wagon, '14 458 Italia
Can't wait to see pics!
Old 03-15-2013, 10:13 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Nice builds. Are you going to make it out to MIR any time soon?
Old 03-15-2013, 11:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Nice builds. Are you going to make it out to MIR any time soon?
Ahmad, I want to for sure, both cars are still out in California, I have a couple events out there later this monthand early next month then the cars are coming back home to Chicago. You planning any more events in mid or late April? I read about todays event, sounds like you guys had decent a good time. What is new with your CLK, you always have something going on with that monster?
Old 03-16-2013, 01:26 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 Coupe
I'm sorry I wasn't 100% clear on my first post but ya pretty much answered my questions ... Like I said earlier I was going to purchase black series oil and trans coolers to retrofit onto my 2012 c63 coupe since I will be doing time attack in the middle of the hot humid summer. Now if weistec is making upgraded cooler that are even better than the stock black series coolers than I will wait for their release !! You said it will be for anyone that runs their weistec powered cars C on a road course ... Is this only for supercharged cars or will it work for N/A applications as well??
Old 03-16-2013, 10:10 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Ahmad, I want to for sure, both cars are still out in California, I have a couple events out there later this monthand early next month then the cars are coming back home to Chicago. You planning any more events in mid or late April? I read about todays event, sounds like you guys had decent a good time. What is new with your CLK, you always have something going on with that monster?
Ok that's cool. I am going to plan an event in April but haven't set a date yet. My clk hasnt been racing in a long time. I decided to make some changes recently and should be at the next event hopefully. Still deciding on a blower and might just pull the trigger on the Weistec. Everything from the Trans back has been beefed up so hopefully no more breaking. The "weakest" link in the driveline is probably the cf driveshaft now lol
Old 10-09-2013, 05:01 PM

C63 Amg Black Series
Build Update

First round of mods are complete, here is a little list of some of what is on the car right now.

The mod list so far...

Weistec Stage 3 Supercharger System running 11-12psi boost
Custom 2" primary Long Tube Headers
Custom 3" X-pipe
Weistec Trunk Ice tank
Weistec Oil / Air Separator
Weistec Carbon Fiber Drive Shaft
Custom Heat Exchanger set up (Road Race set up)
Custom Oil Cooler (Road Race Set up)

....and some amazing wheels that I can not talk about right now

Still waiting for a few other things. I am having a custom set of KW adjustable shocks and adjustable KW springs for the rear made, the stock rear suspension on this car is not too impressive when compared to the front, AMG cut some corners here.

I will be running the car at the No Fly Zone airstrip event in California next Saturday 3/2/13 so there should be plenty of V-box data, videos and numbers.
V interesting build! i really hope your enjoying it!

Started working on my C63BC, MBH headers will go on soon..weistec tune done aswel. was thinking what best to do about the rear end of the car so would be great to get your feedback on the kw springs and how i can get my hands on a 'custom' set-or should i just go for their standard equipment for this car. Front end of the car feels really tight and solid so dont think i want to touch it at all. If you can, please pm the price of the KW's.

Was also thinking of getting the wavetrac LSD from weistec any idea of the locking % vs stock BS LSD? what would be your choice when it comes to LSD stock?wavetrac?quaife?

ur wheels look GREAT btw!
Old 10-09-2013, 06:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by hussain.alaali
V interesting build! i really hope your enjoying it!

Started working on my C63BC, MBH headers will go on soon..weistec tune done aswel. was thinking what best to do about the rear end of the car so would be great to get your feedback on the kw springs and how i can get my hands on a 'custom' set-or should i just go for their standard equipment for this car. Front end of the car feels really tight and solid so dont think i want to touch it at all. If you can, please pm the price of the KW's.

Was also thinking of getting the wavetrac LSD from weistec any idea of the locking % vs stock BS LSD? what would be your choice when it comes to LSD stock?wavetrac?quaife?

ur wheels look GREAT btw!
I believe the KW rear is now a standard part they offer to the masses. You would have to contact them for details.
Old 10-09-2013, 07:59 PM

C63 w/p30; MHP ECU tune+header+mids+CF air intake duct+Akrapovic+wide body kit+ Vorsteiner VS110
Any update on the additional oil & trans cooling mod by Weistec? I can't find anything about it on Weistec website yet!
Old 10-09-2013, 10:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by C63fan
Any update on the additional oil & trans cooling mod by Weistec? I can't find anything about it on Weistec website yet!
It is all one-off custom cooling mods. If you are serious I am sure they can duplicate the mods on your car but it will not be cheap. Mods include larger heat exchanger, additional oil cooler, second trans cooler, pusher and puller fans on trans cooler and a Weistec trunk mounted ice tank.

I am having Weistec install a similar system installed on my SLS Black Series next week.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 302 Likes on 194 Posts
10 C six trizzle
do you have any pics of the new bigger coolers? Its not often someone actually goes through the lengths to have "race" cars built properly much less use them like you. Id love to see what they came up with. Im hoping to get our stage 2 C63 out to the road course once it cools off a little more.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:24 AM
JM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W204
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU and your Diavel AMG....

Trade you with my Carbon Red
Old 10-10-2013, 09:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by JM
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU and your Diavel AMG....

Trade you with my Carbon Red
Here is a pic of my AMG Diavel my C63 BS and one of my race trailers from an airstrip event this summer. Note, Diavel was bone stock in this pic, I have since upgraded to the carbon and ti Termignoni exhaust, 100% custom PC mapping and pretty much every other cf part that is available for the bike, a new seat(didn't want to ruin the suede one) and new bars. It makes 156whp(Dynojet) now with all the mods. Bike is a monster with traction control all the way off, even with the long wheelbase it rips the front wheel off the ground through three gears while smoking the back tire.
Attached Thumbnails Weistec Is Building Me Another Monster-cbsdiavel.jpg  
Old 10-10-2013, 09:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by roadtalontsi
do you have any pics of the new bigger coolers? Its not often someone actually goes through the lengths to have "race" cars built properly much less use them like you. Id love to see what they came up with. Im hoping to get our stage 2 C63 out to the road course once it cools off a little more.
If you are not going to build something properly why build it at all? I have an entire thread over on AMG Private lounge regarding the build and specifically the cooling mods. I did not bother doing a thread over here because most guys on this board just care about 1/4 or 60-130 performance.

Here are a few pics of some of the cooling mods.
Attached Thumbnails Weistec Is Building Me Another Monster-cooling1.jpg   Weistec Is Building Me Another Monster-cooling2.jpg   Weistec Is Building Me Another Monster-cooling3.jpg   Weistec Is Building Me Another Monster-cooling4.jpg   Weistec Is Building Me Another Monster-cooling5.jpg  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Weistec Is Building Me Another Monster