C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

C63 Options Inquiry

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 10:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 X5 xDrive30i
C63 Options Inquiry

I plan on ordering a C63C for European delivery within the next few months, however I would like to hear perspectives on certain options from current (or past) C63 owners before making my final decision.

At the moment, my plan is to purchase a C63 with the following options:
-Polar White
-Carbon Fiber Trim
-Red/Black Leather
-LSD
-Keyless Go

I am heavily considering the Development Package, however I am having some difficulty justifying its price. I do love the idea of SLS parts in the C63's engine, however does it really justify the package's $6k price tag? I could purchase a CF spoiler for around $300, and get the brake calipers painted for $100-200, so I'm really not sure about what makes gives this package its price. I've also read that the package includes composite brakes, however I can't find very much information on this.

I am also curious about whether or not buying CF trim as an aftermarket option is a decent idea.

Additionally, if anyone has a really strong opinion on the Polar White vs. Diamond White debate, I'd like to hear it.

Finally, at the moment I am planning on not getting the Multimedia Package nor the Lighting Package. I figure that I can use my phone as a navigation device if I really need one, and I can purchase aftermarket lighting options later on.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Please do a search. There are tons of threads about these options.

In short: the Dev Pkg has upgraded brakes (1-piece rotors?), no top speed limiter, limited slip differential, and 30hp more. You can tune it and add an aftermarket LSD if you forego the Dev Pkg.

If you don't get the MM package, you won't have an iPod interface. I would say get the lighting package. It's worth it and aftermarket options are too costly.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
There are DIYs if you buy aftermarket trim, but some of the installation can be difficult, from what I've read.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:21 AM

E55, 2013 C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by CoolBDPhenom03
Please do a search. There are tons of threads about these options.

In short: the Dev Pkg has upgraded brakes (1-piece rotors?), no top speed limiter, limited slip differential, and 30hp more. You can tune it and add an aftermarket LSD if you forego the Dev Pkg.

If you don't get the MM package, you won't have an iPod interface. I would say get the lighting package. It's worth it and aftermarket options are too costly.
+1

When I ordered mine I got everything except Dev Pkg because I knew I was going to tune it.

An aftermarket lighting is way too costly from what I have heard. Unless you are looking to just add some HIDs. If you want to do something, do it right the first time.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:24 AM

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
2020 AMG GTR
the development package does not include a limited slip differential....

get the LSD.

get the lighting package.

get multimedia package.

these are non negotiables. everything else is personal preference.

in my opinion....ha.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:38 AM

'09 X5 xDrive30i
I don't think that the LSD is included in the Dev Package. I can't find any mention of it on MBUSA's site.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:38 AM

'09 X5 xDrive30i
Originally Posted by Higgs Boson

get the LSD.

get multimedia package.

in my opinion....ha.
Do you think you could explain your opinions on the lighting and multimedia packages? That is what I'm curious about.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:09 AM

2012 C63, '07 Acura MDX
LSD is not part of the dev package. There is a speed limiter too.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:11 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
C63

get the LSD.

get multimedia package.

in my opinion....ha.
lighting package is a must imo. there's just no reason to not get it really.

multimedia was a must for me too, but only because i think the interior just looks 100x better with one even though i still use my phone as a gps and never the car.

if you're worried about cost, then just get a regular trim and wrap it in carbon fiber yourself. that should save you a good chunk which would be enough to get the multimedia package. the lighting package is relativel cheap compared to other things.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Sedan
+1 for the Lighting package. I love the lighting package lights and the car looks incomplete without them. Cheap even. It should be standard.

As for the CF trim you MIGHT be better off going aftermarket.

Also agree that the multimedia is a must as well.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 C63 2015 C300 sport
you NEED lighting package. the stock housings without the xenons are reflectors which is not acceptable on a car this level.

CF trim is expensive but beautiful CF pieces, so its what its worth to you.

for multimedia, you could also option the S32 option for cheaper and get the back up cam seperate. its cheaper, but u do get only a 1 cd changer...but who uses cds now anyways. (and it has a hdd u can write songs into) (with s32 you get nav and single disk player i believe)

LSD is nice, but you can always add it later for around the same cost. Dev package...if you are going to mod the car I would skip it, but if you will keep it mostly stock I would option it.

the brakes on the p31 pack have special 1 piece floating disk rotor, which is lighter but much more expensive to replace.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by biglee73
LSD is not part of the dev package. There is a speed limiter too.
Okay, on my '09, the P30 package does come with LSD.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:59 AM

2020 AMG GTR
Originally Posted by CoolBDPhenom03
Okay, on my '09, the P30 package does come with LSD.
yes but it does not come with any extra horsepower. there is a difference between p30 and p31. a big difference actually.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:02 AM

2020 AMG GTR
Originally Posted by JamesTabletop
Do you think you could explain your opinions on the lighting and multimedia packages? That is what I'm curious about.
as others have mentioned, this is a 70-80k car. not only does the lighting package make the car look better, it is highly functional. much better lighting and the cornering and high beam functions are great too. take it from me, a jeep and photography enthusiast, more light is always better.

the multimedia package (NOT the Becker maps nav) will give you a larger high res screen that is much more pleasing to use even with radio, a backup camera, etc. it does the same thing for the interior as the lighting package does for the exterior.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:11 AM

2013 C63 coupe
I just installed the full MACarbon interior package in my c63coupe?

It comprises genuine MB parts, CF wrapped and clear coated.

It is perfect. The guys at the dealership were blown away by the quality, every bit as good as oem - their words not mine!
Old 01-31-2013, 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
Originally Posted by JamesTabletop
I plan on ordering a C63C for European delivery within the next few months, however I would like to hear perspectives on certain options from current (or past) C63 owners before making my final decision.

At the moment, my plan is to purchase a C63 with the following options:
-Polar White
-Carbon Fiber Trim
-Red/Black Leather
-LSD
-Keyless Go

I am heavily considering the Development Package, however I am having some difficulty justifying its price. I do love the idea of SLS parts in the C63's engine, however does it really justify the package's $6k price tag? I could purchase a CF spoiler for around $300, and get the brake calipers painted for $100-200, so I'm really not sure about what makes gives this package its price. I've also read that the package includes composite brakes, however I can't find very much information on this.

I am also curious about whether or not buying CF trim as an aftermarket option is a decent idea.

Additionally, if anyone has a really strong opinion on the Polar White vs. Diamond White debate, I'd like to hear it.

Finally, at the moment I am planning on not getting the Multimedia Package nor the Lighting Package. I figure that I can use my phone as a navigation device if I really need one, and I can purchase aftermarket lighting options later on.

IMHO, I have owned 2 W204 C-classes and I can't imagine not having multimedia or lighting in the vehicle. If you're on a budget and are trying to save a few bucks, you can forego Keyless Go (I have this and I love it). I personally love Diamond White, so I would substitute your polar white for that color. Again, this is only my opinion, but having a LSD is a must on this car.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:44 PM

2013 C63 AMG
DV PKG supposedly has upgraded pistons in comparison to the standard package.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 C
IMO, Lighting package is a must. And I will look for the LSD, tune, and CF parts in the aftermarket later. Development package doesn't seem useful to me and it is costly.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:00 PM

2020 AMG GTR
Originally Posted by SaintC63
DV PKG supposedly has upgraded pistons in comparison to the standard package.
they call it "lightweight engine components."
Old 01-31-2013, 09:04 PM

2013 C63 AMG
they call it "lightweight engine components."
Yea I'm filtering through MB websites and I haven't found the exact specs other than "upgraded Steel" or "hardened pistons"
Old 01-31-2013, 10:08 PM

E55, 2013 C63 Coupe
Yea I'm filtering through MB websites and I haven't found the exact specs other than "upgraded Steel" or "hardened pistons"
I actually visited the AMG factory about a week ago and the Dev pkg use some lightweight parts that are in the SLS. They place both parts on a table and you can hold and feel the difference. The weight difference is there (although slight) and I can see why some people would want it. Personally I think it is negligible because I will mainly drive my car as a DD and not track it. The engine cover color is actually different from non Dev Pkg engines so they can distinguish between the two.

I think the main concern on peoples' minds are if there really is a difference. Yes there is. The better question is do you need it?
Old 01-31-2013, 10:20 PM

'09 C63 AMG, '13 C350, '11 GLK350
If you do not get Lighting and MM then it will make your car very undesirable when it comes time to sell it.

If I were you:
Polar White
Red/Black Leather
Carbon Fiber Trim
LSD (stand-alone option)
Lighting
MM Package
P31 for tune with warranty/or Eurocharged Tune but some dealers may void your engine warranty.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:47 AM

2013 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Tp_man
I actually visited the AMG factory about a week ago and the Dev pkg use some lightweight parts that are in the SLS. They place both parts on a table and you can hold and feel the difference. The weight difference is there (although slight) and I can see why some people would want it. Personally I think it is negligible because I will mainly drive my car as a DD and not track it. The engine cover color is actually different from non Dev Pkg engines so they can distinguish between the two.

I think the main concern on peoples' minds are if there really is a difference. Yes there is. The better question is do you need it?
Did you go to the Sindelfingen factory? That is where I picked mine up. The tour was great and they had a plethora of AMG's lined up at the outdoor track. Pretty awesome.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:04 AM

E55, 2013 C63 Coupe
Did you go to the Sindelfingen factory? That is where I picked mine up. The tour was great and they had a plethora of AMG's lined up at the outdoor track. Pretty awesome.
I went to Sindelfingen and Affalterbach. At Affalterbach I was able to meet my engine maker and get to see the new A class AMG engine being tested.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:29 AM

'09 C63 AMG, '13 C350, '11 GLK350
I too was at the Sindelfingen factory this past summer. My dad has been in sales 30 years and we went over with one of his customers to pick up his new CLS550. We also had a tour at AMG that was good enough for my dads customer to never take delivery of his 550 and come back and order the CLS63 with PP and everything. It was an awesome experience.