Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 11:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
G350 Bluetec
consider changing the SYSTEM tire size

Originally Posted by bigsl550fan
just installed the ws70, 235/40/18 all around, and the car feel weird, like wobbles side to side and a lot of play in the steering feel. Of course these tires are a lot smaller, is this normal?
Since you are running a non-standard winter size ESP and other electronic aids are programmed for whatever summer (standard) size you had on the car, not for the sizes you are running now.

I'm sure the other C63 owners would know and share how to enter the System settings in order to change the size. Safety first.

Also, read your OM about proper transmission, etc. settings for winter driving.
Good luck.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my wife bananas! :D
Originally Posted by grane
Since you are running a non-standard winter size ESP and other electronic aids are programmed for whatever summer (standard) size you had on the car, not for the sizes you are running now.

I'm sure the other C63 owners would know and share how to enter the System settings in order to change the size. Safety first.

Also, read your OM about proper transmission, etc. settings for winter driving.
Good luck.
what is the standard winter size for our cars?
Old 02-05-2013, 10:13 PM

Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts
2009 c63
Originally Posted by gthal
LM-60 if you want good snow traction and good, for a winter tire, dry pavement traction.

WS-70 if you want the best snow/ice traction at the expense of dry traction.

I would go 235 all around. I'm running 225 but regret it and wish I went 235.

Since you made it this far on summer tires (which is insane if you ask me ), I bet the LM-60 would fit the bill nicely for you.
I'm still white knuckling my first winter with summer tires. I didn't listen to all of you and listened to a colleague at work who said I'd be wasting my money.

I'm definitely buying a full set of wheels and tire for next winter. Summer tires are like hard plastic spinning even on a dry day.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Dogtag114
I'm still white knuckling my first winter with summer tires. I didn't listen to all of you and listened to a colleague at work who said I'd be wasting my money.

I'm definitely buying a full set of wheels and tire for next winter. Summer tires are like hard plastic spinning even on a dry day.
wow.. cant believe you went for your colleague's advice on that. always safety first. $$ can always be earned again.

451 hp, rwd, summer performance tires = a recipe for disaster

imo, you might want to check out the prices now, its already halfway thru winter so you might get a deal. remember man... all it takes is one slip...
Old 02-06-2013, 12:23 AM

C63AMG Coupe
DOgtag, you can buy snow tires for about the same as the average colision deductible , not to mention THE MEDICAL DEDUCTIBLE that sometimes comes with the collision. If you worked at Tirerack then I'd take the advice of your coworkers over a forum of diehard car nuts, but I gather you don't.
PLus great snow tires are just fun.... motorin through the slop while the guys like you are whiteknucklin it at 12mph....
Just poking fun , to get my point across. I've taken about 10 co-workers thru the snowtire mod with dedicated wheels, gotten em a floor jack, breaker bar ....went the house showed them what to do...even shopped for cheap used wheels for some....kind of a passion of mine to see people safer.
Financially the extra wheels have value if you sell the car and the winter tires are generally cheaper than the summer, so after 3-4 years your tire bill is the same. The summer tires last longer.
Have fun. btw the snows are great rain tire too. On a "regular" car after the last winter of useful winter tread , I'll run them into the summer, til they are fully worn. I'd want summer tire in the summer on the 6.3
Old 02-09-2013, 07:54 PM

2009 c63
Ok I'm getting PA3s but tempted to not rush this season and take my time to find used OEM wheels...

OR

Should I bite the bullet now with mounted tires on Enkei Racing GTC01 Hyper Black wheels?
Old 02-09-2013, 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C63 coupe
Ok I'm getting PA3s...
Oooh... hope you don't regret that decision. I owned a set and sold them after a winter because they were useless in any amount of snow. Great in the dry (similar to a high performance all season) but scary in deep snow, wet snow, ice, slush. In the weather we just got, you would have been stranded with PA3.

Why don't you try the PA4? Reports are that Michelin came out with the PA4 so soon (relatively) after releasing the PA3 to address the PA3's poor snow performance.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:22 PM

2009 c63
Oops I meant PA4... Sitting in my Tire Rack cart as I waffle over the wheels.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C63 coupe
Oops I meant PA4... Sitting in my Tire Rack cart as I waffle over the wheels.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

atta boy Dogtag114, glad you are not waiting and getting your winters now. Without my trusting WS70s, I would be stuck in the snow too.