C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

In The Market For a C63

Old 02-04-2013, 06:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ml 550
In The Market For a C63

Hello MBWorld,

I have finally decided to register after weeks of lurking, I have also gained a huge amount of knowledge about my future car (hopefully).

I was actually planning to pull the trigger on it this week but I decided to clear some things I had in mind about owning one.

Now, the thing that scares me the most is the tire wear, I am just curious how many kms would I be able to squeeze out of it if I am always on comfort, I might rarely put my foot down too.

The other thing is the milege on the car. The car I was going to buy has 60000kms on it, is that fair? its actually a really good price because am buying it off a friend who treats it gently.

What do you guys think? Bless me with your astounishing Benz wisdom.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Sedan
Depends on how often and where you drive the car. For me I am on 6000 miles and I still have 6/32 of tire thread left on the rears. I drive gently (not tire spinning but still putting my foot down) all the time and even when i do drive it i still let the tail out on some corners and finding empty areas to powerslide. So for me it hasnt been that bad but others only get about 4-7K miles on their rears. It all depends.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my wife bananas! :D
tire wear is all relative. yes this car will tend to eat tires faster than an average car... but tire life also depends on the tire you buy. some tires will wear out faster than others.. some are stickier while others are not. i got 12k kms from my last rears. so far it seems like you'll need 2 sets of rears for every set of fronts

60k kms on a 2008? 2009? 60k kms while isnt 'low mileage' by anymeans isnt too big of a deal imo. if the majority was hwy miles, that would be even better. biggest thing our members will tell you is to peek around the car... drive it... and make sure it feels good. since you said it was your friends, i would assume he /she isnt out to scam you The best thing about buying from a friend is that you should have a pretty good idea of its previous life before you own it.

check the service records, and maybe get him to buy some warranty that will then be transferable to you (ELW) if you are worried. else, good luck and post pics!