Old 02-10-2013, 11:38 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
Thanks everyone for explaining me what was trunk money
Old 02-10-2013, 02:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'14 911S (garage queen) '13 X3 (family hauler)
Originally Posted by propain
You better listen to this guy Rory... You can learn a lot from sweeping up the shop floor at night.

Truck money back in the day wasn't dealer specific. It was offered in the USA to all C63's if the dealerships wanted to participate. It was an incentive by MB to clear slow moving inventory due to economic slow downs. It would be cool if they offered the trunk money again, thanks for the heads up. Ill give my guy a call and post my findings.
trunk money was also available for e63s during that same period, it was not c63 specific--I know there was an additional $10-15k off invoice, damn those were the days, who says recessions are bad

Last edited by black-clk500; 02-10-2013 at 03:01 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:28 PM

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts
2020 AMG GTR
Originally Posted by dragonAMG
exactly.... to that point if you walk in there asking to buy one saying there is 8k in trunk money they will look at you like you're from Mars. You need to just know this and use it in your negotiation. Best thing to do is wait until the last day of the end of any month, that is when they are most vulnerable.
honestly, you have to find a dealer and a salesman who has not met their monthly objective to get the aggressive pricing. if a dealer is having a record month it will not help to wait until the end of the month....you would have been better off in the beginning before they knew it was going to be a good month.

I better get back to sweeping floors.....bahahaaa! you know the funny thing is my old man started off sweeping floors in a parts dept but now owns 20 new car franchises. if I am half as fortunate as him I'll have all the success in my life I could hope for. I don't work for him and won't....not going to take the easy way.

Last edited by Higgs Boson; 02-10-2013 at 03:30 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by Higgs Boson
honestly, you have to find a dealer and a salesman who has not met their monthly objective to get the aggressive pricing. if a dealer is having a record month it will not help to wait until the end of the month....you would have been better off in the beginning before they knew it was going to be a good month.

I better get back to sweeping floors.....bahahaaa! you know the funny thing is my old man started off sweeping floors in a parts dept but now owns 20 new car franchises. if I am half as fortunate as him I'll have all the success in my life I could hope for. I don't work for him and won't....not going to take the easy way.

Yes, basic car buying 101.

I find the more someone talks the less reality exists. Better get a better broom.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:28 PM

2020 AMG GTR
Yes, basic car buying 101.

I find the more someone talks the less reality exists. Better get a better broom.
yes, have a look in the mirror, black kettle.....you "talk" over three times more than I do.....maybe I can show you how to sweep too.

any other cliches you'd like to toss out? the funny thing is, you didn't even get it right.... reality exists the same no matter how much anyone talks.....
Old 02-10-2013, 07:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
yes, have a look in the mirror, black kettle.....you "talk" over three times more than I do.....maybe I can show you how to sweep too.

any other cliches you'd like to toss out? the funny thing is, you didn't even get it right.... reality exists the same no matter how much anyone talks.....

Reality is perceived my friend.

Any other gems for purchasing a car for us? Your wealth of knowledge from being in the business is staggering.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:17 PM

2020 AMG GTR
Reality is perceived my friend.

Any other gems for purchasing a car for us? Your wealth of knowledge from being in the business is staggering.
what do you want to know? you must be under the impression I have attempted to astound you....? I haven't. just making statements in the midst of conversation does not require your judgement.....you aren't that special.

you also do not have the place in this world to judge another persons means for life. you insinuate that I be offended when you say I sweep floors, which obviously I do not, but who are you really, to make the call that thereis anything wrong with that? I can tell you think you are something pretty special, even though you and I and everyone else is no more important than the other.

what happened in your life that made you think you are so awesome? what you got some money and put it into your mercedes? come on. life is so much bigger than that....besides, mid 11s out of a 6.2 liter engine isn't anything to be so proud of, lol.....tune only record....woop dee do.

we can do this all day. I am not here to prove anything or try and create respect for a screen name. if I have something to offer, I will. if I don't, I won't. I don't try to complicate anything.

go ahead and make snide remarks. you really know nothing of me, every time you comment as if you do I only feel shame for you.

Last edited by Higgs Boson; 02-10-2013 at 08:19 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
[heath] why soooo.....serious? [/heath]
Old 02-10-2013, 08:51 PM

2020 AMG GTR
Originally Posted by rory breaker
[heath] why soooo.....serious? [/heath]
rest in peace

that was an awesome performance man.

Last edited by Higgs Boson; 02-10-2013 at 08:57 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
what do you want to know? you must be under the impression I have attempted to astound you....? I haven't. just making statements in the midst of conversation does not require your judgement.....you aren't that special.

you also do not have the place in this world to judge another persons means for life. you insinuate that I be offended when you say I sweep floors, which obviously I do not, but who are you really, to make the call that thereis anything wrong with that? I can tell you think you are something pretty special, even though you and I and everyone else is no more important than the other.

what happened in your life that made you think you are so awesome? what you got some money and put it into your mercedes? come on. life is so much bigger than that....besides, mid 11s out of a 6.2 liter engine isn't anything to be so proud of, lol.....tune only record....woop dee do.

we can do this all day. I am not here to prove anything or try and create respect for a screen name. if I have something to offer, I will. if I don't, I won't. I don't try to complicate anything.

go ahead and make snide remarks. you really know nothing of me, every time you comment as if you do I only feel shame for you.

Old 02-10-2013, 10:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yes
Thats the cover of the first album from our metal band propain - "the downfall of real men."
Old 02-10-2013, 10:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Thats the cover of the first album from our metal band propain - "the downfall of real men."

Get outa here! That is awesome!

You have anything on Youtube?
Old 02-10-2013, 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 911S (garage queen) '13 X3 (family hauler)

I take issue with your comment about working for your dad is "the easy way." I worked for my father pretty much my whole life and after 15 years as his right hand man, I gained ownership of the company and have made it grow and increased the profits, even over the last few years in this economy.

I learned a lot in business school many moons ago, but it is nothing compared to what my father taught me about our business and business in general. I can't think of a better way to learn any business then from ones parent. They'll be 100% on your side the whole time and if they're successful at what they do, they'll teach you everything they know. I still love having my dad to call about things only he and I can understand.

Anyone who has a successful self-made parent in business usually knows the fact that mommy or daddy doesn't give you everything. My dad earned his place and as such he knew how important it was to instill that same drive in me. If your parent has old money and was spoiled as a kid, than usually they can't teach you how to have drive and a quality work ethic.

I'm the youngest of three and my older brother always says he wished he worked for dad, especially after he visits my house You get back what you put into life and taking opportunities when they present themselves is the biggest step to success, just ask Trump how working for his dad worked out!

Higgs, if you're working at the Benz dealership to learn from them and then applying what you learn to your dad's biz down the road, good for you--if you're looking to make a career at this other dealership, you better figure out how to get closer to dad, just my .02

Either way, good luck

Rant over.

Last edited by black-clk500; 02-10-2013 at 10:49 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:17 PM

2020 AMG GTR
Originally Posted by black-clk500
I take issue with your comment about working for your dad is "the easy way." I worked for my father pretty much my whole life and after 15 years as his right hand man, I gained ownership of the company and have made it grow and increased the profits, even over the last few years in this economy.

I learned a lot in business school many moons ago, but it is nothing compared to what my father taught me about our business and business in general. I can't think of a better way to learn any business then from ones parent. They'll be 100% on your side the whole time and if they're successful at what they do, they'll teach you everything they know. I still love having my dad to call about things only he and I can understand.

Anyone who has a successful self-made parent in business usually knows the fact that mommy or daddy doesn't give you everything. My dad earned his place and as such he knew how important it was to instill that same drive in me. If your parent has old money and was spoiled as a kid, than usually they can't teach you how to have drive and a quality work ethic.

I'm the youngest of three and my older brother always says he wished he worked for dad, especially after he visits my house You get back what you put into life and taking opportunities when they present themselves is the biggest step to success, just ask Trump how working for his dad worked out!

Higgs, if you're working at the Benz dealership to learn from them and then applying what you learn to your dad's biz down the road, good for you--if you're looking to make a career at this other dealership, you better figure out how to get closer to dad, just my .02

Either way, good luck

Rant over.
I am sure you and I could talk about a lot of things.

I didn't mean to say that it is in all cases the easy way, running a business, no matter who owned it first, isn't what comes to mind first as easy. however, I always simply saw it as a license to pay no consequences for any potential negative actions or wrong moves I might make. and you are correct regarding work ethic and giving things to his kids....I have been working since 12 and my first car was 450 dollars and didn't start....I had to fix it.

either way, I work for an amazing dealership and really do believe I could retire here. whether I am planning to use what I learn elsewhere remains to be seen, I don't plan to....I do think everything I have done with my career thus far has led me here and given me a relatively unique perspective though. I am very happy. none of this is to say I am not "close to dad." he lives one neighborhood over and we are in fact, quite close!

I appreciate your kind words and wish you many years of success!
Old 02-13-2013, 04:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I WALK...
Anyone know a dealership that's actually doing this? E63 or C63? Is it only for 2012 cars? or also for the 2013?

I called Fletcher Jones Mercedes in Newport Beach CA last night and spoke to one of the managers. He said it's only for left over 2012 cars, could be bull ****ting me. But I want to make sure before I call back and break his chops on pricing =)
Old 02-13-2013, 07:15 PM

2020 AMG GTR
Originally Posted by 940*
Anyone know a dealership that's actually doing this? E63 or C63? Is it only for 2012 cars? or also for the 2013?

I called Fletcher Jones Mercedes in Newport Beach CA last night and spoke to one of the managers. He said it's only for left over 2012 cars, could be bull ****ting me. But I want to make sure before I call back and break his chops on pricing =)
like i said, the ad posted is a local dealer specific ad. call mercedes of westminster and ask them if any of their cars on special are left.

i have a brand new slk350 i can take a HUGE amount of money off due to circumstances of aquisition but that's not applicable to all slk350s across the country....
Old 02-13-2013, 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
like i said, the ad posted is a local dealer specific ad. call mercedes of westminster and ask them if any of their cars on special are left.

i have a brand new slk350 i can take a HUGE amount of money off due to circumstances of aquisition but that's not applicable to all slk350s across the country....

When MB ran the last trunk money discounts I don't remember seeing anything big from MB as far as advertising it. The dealers were told they could offer the discount and if they wanted to participate they did. They ran local ads as well advertising the discount. MB never ran a TV add or had anything on their official website stating trunk money was available.

So saying just because this was a local ad that it isn't authorized trunk money from MB would be silly. You might be right however, I just think more is needed to come to that conclusion.

I still need to call my local guy and see if this is a MB incentive or not. Ill update again, thanks for the reminder.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:58 PM

2020 AMG GTR
When MB ran the last trunk money discounts I don't remember seeing anything big from MB as far as advertising it. The dealers were told they could offer the discount and if they wanted to participate they did. They ran local ads as well advertising the discount. MB never ran a TV add or had anything on their official website stating trunk money was available.

So saying just because this was a local ad that it isn't authorized trunk money from MB would be silly. You might be right however, I just think more is needed to come to that conclusion.

I still need to call my local guy and see if this is a MB incentive or not. Ill update again, thanks for the reminder.

The only reason I feel comfortable saying that is because I asked about it. I wouldn't just give an answer to increase my post count. The ad he posted is hard to read but it sure looks to be pretty specific.

Would like to know what your guy says!
Old 02-13-2013, 08:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yes

Exactly. Right on.

Gist of the post was, a dealer is offering $8k off in an ad - that's unheard of without a significant dealer incentive. Last time around, <insert everything propain said above>, which may help someone here. Anyone want to leverage, go ahead. Then it turned to analysis of nomenclature and "I know cars, dealers, and everything associated better than you" which...well, no thank youuu! :p
Old 02-13-2013, 08:35 PM

2013 C63 AMG
Got an email from MB advising some pretty deep discounts off of the 13's - specifically $8k off the coupes. Methinks there's some trunk money there folks, so if anyone is interested, heads up.

8K? wow? When are they looking to do this? fall I assume
Old 02-13-2013, 08:36 PM

2020 AMG GTR
Exactly. Right on.

Gist of the post was, a dealer is offering $8k off in an ad - that's unheard of without a significant dealer incentive. Last time around, <insert everything propain said above>, which may help someone here. Anyone want to leverage, go ahead. Then it turned to analysis of nomenclature and "I know cars, dealers, and everything associated better than you" which...well, no thank youuu! :p

get over it bro. didn't mean to hurt your feelings. the problem arose when I gave my opinion and then instead of being a big boy and recognizing that and saying fair enough....everybody has to name names and argue. it's pretty damn stupid the way some things go down on this board.... surprising amounts of immaturity and inability to have an open minded discussion. I'm not saying everything I said was right, I was a little stupid myself, but come on.....you're still on this?
Old 02-13-2013, 08:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by SaintC63
8K? wow? When are they looking to do this? fall I assume

End of summer deals. The best time to buy is end of August sometimes even into end of September if they don't clear the inventory.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yes
Meh.

Ah yes, August of 09....18k off, major scores were had!!
Old 02-13-2013, 09:32 PM

c63

get over it bro. didn't mean to hurt your feelings. the problem arose when I gave my opinion and then instead of being a big boy and recognizing that and saying fair enough....everybody has to name names and argue. it's pretty damn stupid the way some things go down on this board.... surprising amounts of immaturity and inability to have an open minded discussion. I'm not saying everything I said was right, I was a little stupid myself, but come on.....you're still on this?
obviously, you can't discern between giving an opinion and making an opinionated statement as if it were fact.. nor could you wrap your mind around using one dealer's ad to leverage another dealer.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:34 PM

2020 AMG GTR
Originally Posted by _timothy
obviously, you can't discern between giving an opinion and making an opinionated statement as if it were fact.. nor could you wrap your mind around using one dealer's ad to leverage another dealer.
obviously. or maybe I don't care about that. do you really think a dealer in California cares about an ad run in New York? or Maryland? or Chicago?

thanks for perpetuating the issue. move along.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Trunk Money on 2013's...