Trunk Money on 2013's...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 05:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
Trunk Money on 2013's...

Got an email from MB advising some pretty deep discounts off of the 13's - specifically $8k off the coupes. Methinks there's some trunk money there folks, so if anyone is interested, heads up.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
your mom
Wow, that sounds nice.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:26 PM

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
2020 AMG GTR
that term is so dumb.

customer cash, manufacturer rebates or subsidies, whatever. trunk money sounds like something a slimy used car salesman would say.

anyways, the email from MB is from Mercedes Benz or your local Mercedes dealer?

does it specify on ALL Mercs or is it also available on AMG models (since this is an AMG section).
Old 02-08-2013, 09:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yes
That's what the dealers refer to it as internally my man. To me customer cash sounds slimier...like th Audi dealer who told me they have only marginal "courtesy adjustments." Buy bye.

From a dealer. Which means if they weren't getting it from MB it wouldn't be offered. Multiple models don't recall any other AMG but the c coupe.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
Originally Posted by Higgs Boson
that term is so dumb.

customer cash, manufacturer rebates or subsidies, whatever. trunk money sounds like something a slimy used car salesman would say.

anyways, the email from MB is from Mercedes Benz or your local Mercedes dealer?

does it specify on ALL Mercs or is it also available on AMG models (since this is an AMG section).
There are clear differences between customer cash, manufacturer rebates or subsidies and "Trunk money"

The 2 main differences is that not all dealerships qualify for the trunk money and it's not advertised nor mandatory that they even have to offer it to you if they qualify for it.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:38 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
ok.. now I'm curious... what is trunk money? lol
Old 02-08-2013, 09:52 PM

2020 AMG GTR
some dealers may call it trunk money. manufacturers do not. I guess I hate the term because I worked for a manufacturer for a good period of time.....now I work for a Benz dealer and still haven't heard it called trunk money. maybe it's regional.

and I am aware of what you are trying to distinguish between, Jeff, and that is customer cash or dealer cash. customer cash is advertised and dealer cash is not, but the dealer can use it to make a deal, of course.

anyways, semantics aside, you are saying the c coupe or the c63 coupe has it? c coupe, to me doesn't mean amg.....

if it on amg products then that is rare and cool and if you are in the market you should jump o it.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yes
AMG...like the forum heading
Old 02-08-2013, 10:25 PM

2020 AMG GTR
Originally Posted by rory breaker
AMG...like the forum heading
glad it means something to you. wish it did to everyone!
Old 02-08-2013, 10:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63 coupe PP31......BMW 330
Got an email from MB advising some pretty deep discounts off of the 13's - specifically $8k off the coupes. Methinks there's some trunk money there folks, so if anyone is interested, heads up.
was that email from your dealership?
Old 02-09-2013, 07:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yes
On my iPad but will try to attempt to attach the image...

Finance only, and the fine print says doesn't apply for cars already ordered.

Edit - at my desktop now, trying to get a good image folks but this is a pain in the ***. Can't copy and paste the image. Can't save image and attach since its too big. Can't take a screenshot and attach because its a PNG file on a Mac and those won't upload to this site. Try to change the file extension to jpg and it says invalid. Sorry boys, trying.
Attached Thumbnails Trunk Money on 2013's...-image.jpg  

Last edited by rory breaker; 02-09-2013 at 07:33 AM.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:15 AM
Administrator

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
On my iPad but will try to attempt to attach the image...

Finance only, and the fine print says doesn't apply for cars already ordered.

Edit - at my desktop now, trying to get a good image folks but this is a pain in the ***. Can't copy and paste the image. Can't save image and attach since its too big. Can't take a screenshot and attach because its a PNG file on a Mac and those won't upload to this site. Try to change the file extension to jpg and it says invalid. Sorry boys, trying.
Apple fanboys

tsk, tsk, tsk

Try this

http://www.zamzar.com/convert/png-to-jpg/
Old 02-09-2013, 08:20 AM

'13 C63C
If you're on the ipad just take a screenshot (press and release the home button and the power button at the same time). It will save it to your photos and you can upload that to photobucket with their app, and post a link.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:22 AM

2020 AMG GTR
Looks like an ad from your dealership, specific to your store, and specific to certain stock numbers. I guess they have had a C63C sitting on the lot for too long and they want to blow it out.

If you are in the market, jump on it! But it isn't money off all cars across the country or anything like that.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yes
Looks like an ad from your dealership, specific to your store, and specific to certain stock numbers. I guess they have had a C63C sitting on the lot for too long and they want to blow it out.

If you are in the market, jump on it! But it isn't money off all cars across the country or anything like that.
OK dude whatever you say.

Anyone want to leverage this however you'd like, go for it.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:36 AM

'13 C63C
If there is national support that ends at the end of February, I will be out of luck as mine doesn't arrive until mid to late March. Thanks for the heads up, I'll definitely ask about it.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by - Guilty -
ok.. now I'm curious... what is trunk money? lol
I've wanted one forever..

Old 02-09-2013, 11:47 PM

2020 AMG GTR
OK dude whatever you say.

Anyone want to leverage this however you'd like, go for it.
whatever i say?? lol, do you even understand what I am saying???

it says right on the pic you posted, Mercedes of Westminster! That is ONE dealer running an ad, which is exactly what I said. I said it is not a Mercedes national program otherwise there would be NO dealer specified on the ad and MANY other dealers would be running the same promotion all over the country. I didn't say only local people could use it. In fact, I did say to jump on it if you are in the market for a car.

What's your problem? If you don't understand, don't be a jackass. I work at a Mercedes dealership and there is no national support for 8K off these random models. That isn't how it works. Manufacturers dont run the same promotions across the country anyways, they are market specific. You can't treat Cali, Texas, and New York the same, nor Arkansas and Chicago.

Do you have any other comments to make where you have no clue? Do you want me to teach you to post a picture to the interwebz, too, "dude?" Wow, the inexperienced never cease to amaze.....But they are so sure of themselves, it is so sad. Let's watch some WWE wrestling because it's REAL. lol.

Last edited by Higgs Boson; 02-09-2013 at 11:53 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
03SL55
Originally Posted by FreeC63
I've wanted one forever..

http://youtu.be/8avOiTUcD4Y

Yea, that was funny.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yes
whatever i say?? lol, do you even understand what I am saying???

it says right on the pic you posted, Mercedes of Westminster! That is ONE dealer running an ad, which is exactly what I said. I said it is not a Mercedes national program otherwise there would be NO dealer specified on the ad and MANY other dealers would be running the same promotion all over the country. I didn't say only local people could use it. In fact, I did say to jump on it if you are in the market for a car.

What's your problem? If you don't understand, don't be a jackass. I work at a Mercedes dealership and there is no national support for 8K off these random models. That isn't how it works. Manufacturers dont run the same promotions across the country anyways, they are market specific. You can't treat Cali, Texas, and New York the same, nor Arkansas and Chicago.

Do you have any other comments to make where you have no clue? Do you want me to teach you to post a picture to the interwebz, too, "dude?" Wow, the inexperienced never cease to amaze.....But they are so sure of themselves, it is so sad. Let's watch some WWE wrestling because it's REAL. lol.
Not worth it. It's no surprise you work at a dealer, the shoe fits. Have a great night. Good luck to anyone out there who wants to leverage.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:25 AM

2020 AMG GTR
Not worth it. It's no surprise you work at a dealer, the shoe fits. Have a great night. Good luck to anyone out there who wants to leverage.
the sad part is, this response is an admission that you know you either misread my post or truly don't understand what is happening in your own thread. either way, you could have chosen to say, hey man, I misunderstood, or hey, now I see what you mean. but you chose to take this route and knock dealers (real original) and that speaks volumes about you. you see, I understand the business, I also understand how cars work, quite well in fact. i also see it as a huge shame that you are a perfect representation of the downfall of real men. while you might try to knock me or my profession, I feel sorry for what you represent.

have a great night as well.

Last edited by Higgs Boson; 02-10-2013 at 12:27 AM.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yes
Hahaha the downfall of real men! Classic!
Old 02-10-2013, 01:27 AM

2020 AMG GTR
Hahaha the downfall of real men! Classic!
I agree it's funny when you can't see the forest with all those trees in the way.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
You better listen to this guy Rory... You can learn a lot from sweeping up the shop floor at night.

Truck money back in the day wasn't dealer specific. It was offered in the USA to all C63's if the dealerships wanted to participate. It was an incentive by MB to clear slow moving inventory due to economic slow downs. It would be cool if they offered the trunk money again, thanks for the heads up. Ill give my guy a call and post my findings.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
12' C63 P31, 06' Supercharged Range, 08' BMW 550i
Originally Posted by I am Jeff
There are clear differences between customer cash, manufacturer rebates or subsidies and "Trunk money"

The 2 main differences is that not all dealerships qualify for the trunk money and it's not advertised nor mandatory that they even have to offer it to you if they qualify for it.
exactly.... to that point if you walk in there asking to buy one saying there is 8k in trunk money they will look at you like you're from Mars. You need to just know this and use it in your negotiation. Best thing to do is wait until the last day of the end of any month, that is when they are most vulnerable.

Last edited by dragonAMG; 02-10-2013 at 10:21 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Trunk Money on 2013's...