Buckhead Imports Tune Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 08:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 C63 AMG, 2011 Mini Cooper (work)
Buckhead Imports Tune Questions

Hey guys,

First post here on MBWorld and I just had a couple of questions for those of you who have had experiences with buckhead imports. I just recently graduated from Tech in Atlanta and bought a 2010 C63 (black on black) and was looking to get it tuned to get the rest of the power from the M156. I've heard from PL members, and from some posts around here, that BI is pretty reputable for tunes with AMGs. Basically I wanted to hear what you guys had to say about them, they're literally less then 5 miles from my apartment and it would be awesome to be able to go to the shop that I'm getting a tune from instead of having to order/mail one from Weistec or RennTech.

Anyway, let me know what you guys think.

-Eric
Old 02-17-2013, 08:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c63
this is offhand, but i think buckhead imports uses the renntech shelf tune

all things being equal, i would prefer getting a reputable local tune over a reputable mail order tune.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:40 AM

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts
AMG GT C Roadster
Originally Posted by _timothy
all things being equal, i would prefer getting a reputable local tune over a reputable mail order tune.
I tend to agree, but there are lot of reputable tuners out there. I think the best of both worlds is having a handheld programmer, so you don't need to send your ECU out. You also have the capability to store multiple tunes if you so desire. And revert back to OEM. Plus then you have a programmer you can use on future vehicles, just buy the new tune.

Originally Posted by deadfission
First post here on MBWorld and I just had a couple of questions for those of you who have had experiences with buckhead imports. I just recently graduated from Tech in Atlanta and bought a 2010 C63 (black on black) and
Good luck with your new ride. I couldn't imagine driving a 2010 C63 right out of college, you my friend are one lucky guy.