Some help from the Pro's Build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 12:17 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Too many to list
Thumbs up Some help from the Pro's Build

Hey Fellas,

Nice to see you all again. Been courting Porsche, and Now I'm back. I have been on a whirlwind experience with the C2s Cab(991) 911 and it is just too small for my needs.

Fun, but small. Been tossing around some idea's about a c63 Sedan Build.

1. Is the Alcantara Steering wheel you get in the P31 package worth it or have you found that the regular one that comes in the c63 is fine enough or even better than alcantara?

2. Do our cars without the LSD have just the right wheel giving power or does the power delivery change from left to right rear wheels?

2a. If I don't get the LSD, Will I get one rear tire wearing down more than the other?

3. I test drove the C63 with the Performance package, and although it stopped very fast, I felt it might be a little too fast for for my taste. Has anyone experienced that or is it just a learning curve...(love the look, but don't know if I really need or want all that breaking power...)

4. Is there a weight difference between either of the 18" wheels that come with C63?

5. I saw a push-button screen that goes over the rear window, but I didn't see it in the build area. Is that available for our cars?

6. Should I go Diamond white or Black...? Hehe just kidding, I still haven't figured out that one yet.

My current Build:

Diamond White
Multimedia
Lighting
MB-Tex
Aluminum

$68,000

I'm leaning toward the Solid 5 spoke wheels, so I can have them painted at a later date...
Old 02-25-2013, 11:20 PM

Too many to list
Did I forget to shower...
Old 02-25-2013, 11:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my wife bananas! :D
Originally Posted by From M to AMG
Did I forget to shower...
lolz

i'll answer what I know

1) the wheel is very very nice but due to the nature of the material and use, it does get worn. be prepared for more TLC

2a) I dont have LSD and both rears wore out the same time

3) its a learning curve. you'll learn to get used to it.

5) the rear screen is one of my fav little features. In canada, it comes in what we call a premium package. you might want to confirm with your sales guy.

6) you cant go wrong with either colour imo. my c63 is obsidian black and my family's E350 is in DW... both really really gorgeous colours. remember, by nature, metallics is harder to colour match in case of body/paint work. I hear the DW is even harder
Old 02-26-2013, 06:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 E63S AMG & 2013 GLK350
1. Even though I really like my alcantera wheel I don't think the P31 package is worth getting for just the wheel. I'd think the regular wheel is nice enough and will wear better.

2. Haven't driven a non LSD car long enough but you do feel the LSD in there, sometimes annoyingly so but I think in a car like this it's should be a must.

3. I haven't experienced a too much braking situation, my guess is its something you would get used to. Personally I'd rather have more brakes than I need most of the time for those few occasions where you may actually need all your brakes.

5. No rear screen option that I know of was available on my car

6. Diamond White
Old 02-26-2013, 08:17 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
Diamond White! Black is a pain to take care of!
Old 02-26-2013, 08:29 AM

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
2020 AMG GTR
Originally Posted by From M to AMG
1. Is the Alcantara Steering wheel you get in the P31 package worth it or have you found that the regular one that comes in the c63 is fine enough or even better than alcantara?

2. Do our cars without the LSD have just the right wheel giving power or does the power delivery change from left to right rear wheels?

2a. If I don't get the LSD, Will I get one rear tire wearing down more than the other?

3. I test drove the C63 with the Performance package, and although it stopped very fast, I felt it might be a little too fast for for my taste. Has anyone experienced that or is it just a learning curve...(love the look, but don't know if I really need or want all that breaking power...)

4. Is there a weight difference between either of the 18" wheels that come with C63?

5. I saw a push-button screen that goes over the rear window, but I didn't see it in the build area. Is that available for our cars?

6. Should I go Diamond white or Black...? Hehe just kidding, I still haven't figured out that one yet.

My current Build:

Diamond White
Multimedia
Lighting
MB-Tex
Aluminum

$68,000

I'm leaning toward the Solid 5 spoke wheels, so I can have them painted at a later date...
1. Personal preference

2. Power takes the path of least resistance without an LSD
2a. No

3. One isn't really going to stop faster than the other, they have the same tires and enough braking power to lock up the wheels to engage ABS. Especially on street tires (ie. not racing slicks), the difference in braking systems is going to have much more to do with brake fade (repeatable performance under extreme situations).

4. Not one you will notice, especially on the street.

5. Screen used to be part of the Premium package but they have since removed it and it appears to be an a la carte option in the Configuration screens on Netstar.

6. Personal preference

Also, keep in mind that all the MBTex C63s I have seen rolling in have manual seats. If you want to get power seats/memory, etc then you have to get leather. Actually, I'd prefer a manual seat anyways, I don't set my seats every day, once and done....
Old 02-26-2013, 12:04 PM

Too many to list
Lightbulb the C63 sound reaches right into my heart...

That's Great info! Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to scour these posts and see what been going on with our cars in the last years. I don't feel that i need the p31 or even leather. I think I'd just be happy driving the base model...

I really like the look of the 2013, but man the prices on the 2011 or 2010 are pretty dern good. I could do a lot of mods with the extra cash. To me the 2012 and 2013 really look cool. I need to find out what are all the updates, and if they are just cosmetic...

Oh, guess what...? Now my wife test drove a E550 Convertible, (does Mercedes call them Cabriolet's or Converttibles?) and she is just anamored with them. It looks like I might have to buy 2 Merc's in the future...lol
Old 02-26-2013, 11:19 PM

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts
2014 C63 AMG 507 sedan
Glad to see you're in Tacoma too.

Go with the facelift model if that's the look you like. I bought a 2010 CPO and promptly traded it after a week for a 2012. In my opinion the interior upgrades in the 2012+ give it a leg up over the previous generation. The exterior is personal preference. The glorious 6.2L V8 is the common bond that will put a smile on your face regardless.