Old 03-05-2013, 09:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG
A little help Please - Exhaust

Hey guys looking for some input:

My old set up on the exhaust was:

Resonator delete with straight pipes &
Secondary cat delete with x pipe

It wasn't loud so I removed the xpipe today and replaced it with straight pipes.

HOLY FUGGIN COW

This is so so loud it's insane. Loving it but may get stopped over and then will revert back. We will see how it goes.

One thing I noticed (I think) is that I feel I've lost power and the car is not as quick. I thought this power loss changing from those set ups would really be negligible unless tracking it and competing. Could it be in my head or is it really going to be that noticeable?

I don't know if true or not but when I did my tune, I was told that they programmed it up for the xpipe. Does it need to be remapped now that I have the straight pipes? Could that be the reason for the loss of power?

Sorry, am an exhaust newbie.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Hey Sam,

Yeah straight pipes are INSANE loud. You will need a new tune....from what I know...

I wish you would post a vid...

Long tube and headers need a new tune....I am not 10000% on just removing x pipe and replacing with straight pipes...
Old 03-05-2013, 12:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG
Hey bud,

there's INSANE and then there's INSANE. This is beyond that. I can hardly hear the radio when I am on the gas. I had to drive in manual today in high gears to avoid the crazy insane sound. For me it's kinda OK but respect thy neighbours and all that...

What's really getting me is what the power loss feels like. It could be in my head but am not sure.

Will get the Go Pro out soon and take a vid before I have to go back to make this quieter.

Last edited by C-63AMG; 03-05-2013 at 12:03 PM.