Sponsored by:

Kleenman supercharger kits

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 05:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Vath ML63 Brabus C63 SL63 CLK63BS C63BS
Yeah I have installed and the power is great. Really transformed the car as you would expect. The whine is different to the Weistec kits, it is definitely quieter. All my Weistec cars have a different supercharger whine, the SL in particular sounds like a shelby super snake but I like that. I put about 500km on the kleeman supercharger and drove to the country with some very very spirited driving and the belt has already started to deteriorate. This does not seem to be an uncommon problem with supercharger kits for 63 engine. I must have gone though half a dozen belts on the Weistec kits.. And i mean complete disintegration...before we found one strong enough to allow the car to be seriously belted...if you pardon the pun.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 370 Likes on 212 Posts
c63
Thanks maverick do u have any before and after dyno graphs
Old 04-28-2013, 01:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Maverick1975
This does not seem to be an uncommon problem with supercharger kits for 63 engine. I must have gone though half a dozen belts on the Weistec kits.. And i mean complete disintegration...before we found one strong enough to allow the car to be seriously belted...if you pardon the pun.
I wonder if that green HD belt that Merc63 installed would last longer? I didn't know having a SC kit will chew through belts. I don't recall Jim or Earl ever talking about it.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Yeah I have installed and the power is great. Really transformed the car as you would expect. The whine is different to the Weistec kits, it is definitely quieter. All my Weistec cars have a different supercharger whine, the SL in particular sounds like a shelby super snake but I like that. I put about 500km on the kleeman supercharger and drove to the country with some very very spirited driving and the belt has already started to deteriorate. This does not seem to be an uncommon problem with supercharger kits for 63 engine. I must have gone though half a dozen belts on the Weistec kits.. And i mean complete disintegration...before we found one strong enough to allow the car to be seriously belted...if you pardon the pun.
Thanks for the reply Maverick, what belt did you end up settling on to fix the deterioration issues you were experiencing?
Old 04-28-2013, 09:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by Sincity
I wonder if that green HD belt that Merc63 installed would last longer? I didn't know having a SC kit will chew through belts. I don't recall Jim or Earl ever talking about it.
I have broken a few belts on the CLK under big boost during development. I have not had any issues with belts on my C BS, three track events and about 500 hard street miles and no issues. Not that that is a lot of miles but I would think if there was going to be a broken belt it would have happened already under the stresses I have put on the entire system. Most of the early broken belts I experienced on the CLK where a result of the plastic factory ideler pulley breaking, Weistec has since corrected that by offering a nice billet pulley that replaces the factory one. I broke a belt at Shift Sector on the CLK but that was becuase the power steering pump mount cracked. I have nit heard of many other people breaking belts on the Weistec system since the ideler pulley issue was addressed, I wonder if Maverick's broken belts had anything to do with that.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Vath ML63 Brabus C63 SL63 CLK63BS C63BS
Originally Posted by jrcart
I have nit heard of many other people breaking belts on the Weistec system since the ideler pulley issue was addressed, I wonder if Maverick's broken belts had anything to do with that.
I think it is safe to say that what i experienced had some role in those design changes...While it took some time to work out, Steve was most helpful. Have not had any problems since then with the belts on the Weistec cars
Old 04-29-2013, 03:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 SLS AMG, 2009 SL63 AMG, 2008 C63 AMG(SOLD)
I think it is safe to say that what i experienced had some role in those design changes...While it took some time to work out, Steve was most helpful. Have not had any problems since then with the belts on the Weistec cars

Congrats Mavrick on the new compressor. The old belt issue with the belt that weistec had was due to the cog pulley system. Now with the direct drive system there are no issues at all. Did you switch to the direct drive pulley?

Anyway, can you post a race of your Kleeman C63 BS against you Weistec C63?
Old 04-29-2013, 04:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 370 Likes on 212 Posts
c63
^^^ I would love to see that race