MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 370 Likes on 212 Posts
c63
Kleenman supercharger kits

Hi guys

Anyone using a kleenman supercharger kit for the c63

What is the difference between kleenman and weistec

I got a pretty good deal on a kleenman one here in Victoria Australia

Any help would be appreciated I tired using the search button and youtube but no luck
Old 03-12-2013, 01:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 SLS AMG, 2009 SL63 AMG, 2008 C63 AMG(SOLD)
Originally Posted by mr747
Hi guys

Anyone using a kleenman supercharger kit for the c63

What is the difference between kleenman and weistec

I got a pretty good deal on a kleenman one here in Victoria Australia

Any help would be appreciated I tired using the search button and youtube but no luck
Weistec are the better deal. They are the first to figure out the tuning for this application. They are the first to provide the supporting hardware for this application: upgraded transmissions, axels, Ice tank, larger injectors, driveshafts, catch cans, ...ETC. Not to forget, the product is proven at track. Go check out what Jrcart's C63 BS did at the 1/2 mile event.

we are runing thier supercharger on our SL63 and the car is a pure muscle.

Kleeman were authorised dealers for weistec. weistec provided them with all kinds of help. I guess VAT and Tax in Europe made them choose Xtra compressors, which if you dig deep, you will find that Weistec twin screw superchargers are much better!
Old 03-12-2013, 01:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c63
Tks for that its just hard cause I'm in Australia and I don't think they have any representives down here
Old 03-12-2013, 01:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Vath ML63 Brabus C63 SL63 CLK63BS C63BS
I have 3 weistec superchargers and one kleeman supercharger not yet installed. Both Weistec and Kleeman are represented in Australia

i have yet to have anyone tell me scientifically why one is superior to the other. The fact that Weistec is out first and has other supporting products does not give any insight into why it is supposed to be clearly superior. Wiestec has been in the market place longer and has had a much longer time to wear refine the kinks in their product of which there have been some. They have sold a large number of kits. about a 100 i believe, and therefore there is a large amount of data out there re quarter mile times etc.

Xtra power was priced at a massive premium to Wiestec kits when they came out 18-24 months ago and that personally is the key reason i bought 3 of the Weistec kits. I think once the Kleeman/Xtrapower product gets out there and some more track/quarter mile / dyno data is available a more informed balanced opinion can be made on which supercharger is better. The fact that Weistec produce carbon fibre drive shafts, ice tanks etc etc etc does nto seem to me to have any bearing on teh qualtiy of their supercharger kit vs competitors.

I have yet to see any quarter mile times etc for Kleeman but give it time and the data will be forthcoming. there is some dyno data available for Kleeman kit and as far as i can see it is pretty on par with the Sateg 1 weistec kit. I cant remember seeing Kleeman kit compbnined with headers so a comparison cannot be made.

No doubt Weistec have got the jump on the competitors and have done a very good job marketing etc. They were first with the tuning solutoin etc and give great kudos to them for that. All l say is give Kleeman customers a chance to buy the product and produce data before assuming Weistec is definately better. What i cansay is that from a pricing point of view i believe that Weistec give superior hp/$ spent. I only bought a Kleeman kit as they bent over and grabbed the ankles for me on pricing so i thought what the heck.

Last edited by Maverick1975; 03-12-2013 at 01:59 AM.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:00 AM

Tks for that its just hard cause I'm in Australia and I don't think they have any representives down here
You are Wrong and mistaken!

there is one member here on Mbworld from Australia that installed three superchargers from weistec on three diffrent cars C63, SL63, and CLK63.

he did at RamSpeed Automotive, this shop know how to install Weistec products. This is there website:

http://ramspeedautomotive.com.au/blog/archives/4338

Phone number is listed. If you want the best horsepower for your car, I would contact them to get a Weistec SC for my 63.

Good luck!
Old 03-12-2013, 02:02 AM

Ahaa. there he is, Maverick 1975
Old 03-12-2013, 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by Maverick1975
I have 3 weistec superchargers and one kleeman supercharger not yet installed. Both Weistec and Kleeman are represented in Australia

i have yet to have anyone tell me scientifically why one is superior to the other..
Numerous dyno sheets showing much more whp than claimed by Weistec and many drag records.
The fact that Weistec is out first and has other supporting products does not give any insight into why it is supposed to be clearly superior...
Sure it does. The Fact that Kleeman dealt with them in the first place and kicked Xtra out of their company when they had software problems (Ironically now they dont after looking at weistec's work) should tell you something.

The fact that Weistec produce carbon fibre drive shafts, ice tanks etc etc etc does nto seem to me to have any bearing on teh qualtiy of their supercharger kit vs competitors..
Sure it does. It shows they understand what helps make better and qualatative supporting power. who else upgrades and tunes the 722.9 transmissions on the M156 63's. Not Kleeman for sure!

I have yet to see any quarter mile times etc for Kleeman but give it time and the data will be forthcoming. there is some dyno data available for Kleeman kit and as far as i can see it is pretty on par with the Sateg 1 weistec kit. I cant remember seeing Kleeman kit compbnined with headers so a comparison cannot be made.

No doubt Weistec have got the jump on the competitors and have done a very good job marketing etc. They were first with the tuning solutoin etc and give great kudos to them for that. All l say is give Kleeman customers a chance to buy the product and produce data before assuming Weistec is definately better. What i cansay is that from a pricing point of view i believe that Weistec give superior hp/$ spent. I only bought a Kleeman kit as they bent over and grabbed the ankles for me on pricing so i thought what the heck.
You have data on your CLK63 (supercharger only without exhust). Please compare it with your C63 BS when you put on the Kleeman SC (SC only). and better yet have a roll on run with both cars and post it in here and let us see which will have more power!
Old 03-12-2013, 02:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c63
I wish weistec had someone in Melbourne that is the problem they only have people in Sydney.... Kleenman have someone in Melbourne now
Old 03-12-2013, 04:40 AM

I wish weistec had someone in Melbourne that is the problem they only have people in Sydney.... Kleenman have someone in Melbourne now
Contact Weistec. I'm %90 sure they can get you a supercharger installed at Melbourne at some performance shop. Weistec work really excellent with their customers. They helped my brother with his car on many occasions. Top notch customer service. I cant say the same about Kleeman
Old 03-12-2013, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Maverick is probably the most qualified to speak on this subject, he owns three Weistec powered cars and has a Kleeman SC on the way and he is from the land down under. I can not wait for him to post some reviews on the Kleeman. I am biased, I own two Weistec supercharged Black Series and have actually owned three different Weistec blowers, I started with their 2.3L on my CLK and worked up to the 3.0L and now run the stage 3 3.0L on my C BS as well. I work with Weistec on helping them develop new products and systems with my vehicles. Wesitec has a two year head start on the M156/M159 platform over Kleeman. Weistecs system is proven both for day to day reliability and a proven winner at the race track and dyno. All that being said I can not see why anyone would go with a Kleeman system, it is more expensive and not proven, why pay more for less? I assume you want more power and performance, that is why you are shippong for an aftermarket blower, right? Go with the M156 record holder Weistec.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by jrcart
. I can not wait for him to post some reviews on the Kleeman. I am biased, I own two Weistec supercharged Black Series and have actually owned three different Weistec blowers, .
I did not find you biass on the other forum regarding this issue

Last edited by SLS Qatar; 03-12-2013 at 03:10 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by SLS Qatar
I did not find you biass on the other forum regarding this issue
I am very biased but I am also very informed and I also have enough money to run the best of the best aftermarket products on my vehicles, if there was a better product available it would be on my car regardless of cost, I think I have proven that point over the years running different intakes, different tunes by different tuners, a couple different hearder companies products and the list goes on and on. I was fortunate enough to be a hands on tester and help develop some of the Weistec products over the past couple years on my vehicles. I have insight into some of the behinds the scenes going ons at Weistec and see how they run their operation, I know what is is the pipeline, I know what has worked and what has not worked. With Kleeman all I see is a company that showed up two years late to the party and not to mention how they obtained their tuning capabilities seems a little suspect and unethical, but besides that Kleemann is a great company LOL. I guess we i'll have to wait and see what Maverick has to say about his Kleemann system...not sure what the delay is in getting it installed, he has been talking about it since before I shipped my C BS off to Weistec and my car has been done for three weeks and already made a track event...I am fairly smart I can read between the lines a blower install should not take more than a couple days, not sure what the hold up is. I am sure the Kleeman is a solid system, they have been in the MB game for years, just not the M156 game.

WEISTEC vs KLEEMANN ON M156 PLATFORM SUPERCHARGER SYSTEMS

Proven Reliability 2 plus yrs:-------------Weistec [X] Kleemann [ ]

Highest Torque:-- ----------------------Weistec [X] Kleemann [ ]

M156 Trap Record:----------------------Weistec [X] Kleemann [ ]

M156 E/T Record:-----------------------Weistec [X] Kleemann [ ]

Highest M156 HP Dyno Number:----------Weistec [X] Kleemann [ ]

Highest Priced System:------------------Weistec [ ] Kleemann [X]

These are the facts, the choice is yours.

Last edited by jrcart; 03-12-2013 at 03:59 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG
Weistec all the way. Support the pioneers which are doing bounds and leaps for the M156/M157/M159 platforms.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:09 AM

I am very biased but I am also very informed and I also have enough money to run the best of the best aftermarket products on my vehicles, if there was a better product available it would be on my car regardless of cost, I think I have proven that point over the years running different intakes, different tunes by different tuners, a couple different hearder companies products and the list goes on and on. I was fortunate enough to be a hands on tester and help develop some of the Weistec products over the past couple years on my vehicles. I have insight into some of the behinds the scenes going ons at Weistec and see how they run their operation, I know what is is the pipeline, I know what has worked and what has not worked. With Kleeman all I see is a company that showed up two years late to the party and not to mention how they obtained their tuning capabilities seems a little suspect and unethical, but besides that Kleemann is a great company LOL. I guess we i'll have to wait and see what Maverick has to say about his Kleemann system...not sure what the delay is in getting it installed, he has been talking about it since before I shipped my C BS off to Weistec and my car has been done for three weeks and already made a track event...I am fairly smart I can read between the lines a blower install should not take more than a couple days, not sure what the hold up is. I am sure the Kleeman is a solid system, they have been in the MB game for years, just not the M156 game.

WEISTEC vs KLEEMANN ON M156 PLATFORM SUPERCHARGER SYSTEMS

Proven Reliability 2 plus yrs:-------------Weistec [X] Kleemann [ ]

Highest Torque:-- ----------------------Weistec [X] Kleemann [ ]

M156 Trap Record:----------------------Weistec [X] Kleemann [ ]

M156 E/T Record:-----------------------Weistec [X] Kleemann [ ]

Highest M156 HP Dyno Number:----------Weistec [X] Kleemann [ ]

Highest Priced System:------------------Weistec [ ] Kleemann [X]

These are the facts, the choice is yours.
Everything you said above is %110 correct, except for the"Kleeman is a great company".

My brother and I dealt with them in the past and they are far from the word "Great".

Weistec will slash any Mercedes Kleeman make...Now that is a FACT

Funny you mention how Maverick has been held off with his install ever since you took you BS to Weistec. There is one customer with an E63 who is getting the Kleeman SC in Qatar and they still havent shipped it to him yet and he paid a long time ago. My brother will run him once its completed
Old 03-13-2013, 03:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

My Kleeman supercharger has been sitting I shelf at Ramspeed for 9 months waiting for them and me to plan a convenient time for install.

Kleeman has made seriousmodifications to the Xtrapower kit aince they acquired or yook control of xtrapower, including dumping the piggyback ECU approach. i guess that Russian guy who cracked the AMG codes which other tujers are taking advantage of found a new customer in Kleeman. Glad my build was delayed as it meant I xoukdhave it shipped to Kleeman for their design modifications and improvements. Personally I don't give a **** who's name is on the plaque on the supercharger I just want fast and reliable cars. Time will tell !

Last edited by Maverick1975; 03-13-2013 at 03:09 AM.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

fYI I am in a taxi as I type this, on the way home from dropping Black Series at Ramspeed for the Kleeman install. Mine will be third Kleeman kit they have done. I was preceeded by a C63 with the old Xtrapower kit and an ML63 with upgraded Kleeman'ised product.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c63
Maverick would u mind to keep me posted on the progress please
Old 03-13-2013, 03:47 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 AMG
If you don't mind, can you PM the price of the Kleeman kit full installed @ Ramspeed.

Thank you.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c63
X2
Old 03-13-2013, 11:55 AM

C63 AMG
How much are these babies installed?
Old 03-13-2013, 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by C-63AMG
How much are these babies installed?
The Kleemann is $15,999 and is pretty much on par power wise with the Weistec Stage 1 kit which retails for just $12,999, actually according to the dyno chart Kleeman posted the Weistec makes a few more pounds of torque from what others have posted with their Weistec Stage 1 gains.

Weistec's Stage 3 costs just $15,700, that's a couple bucks less than the Kleeman stage 1 and makes about 150whp more than the Kleeman.

Like I posted in a previous post above, if you want to pay more for less buy the Kleemann, if you want proven, reliable BIG HP hains go with the Weistec and save a couple bucks in the process.

Did I mention the Weistec Stage 1(50 state approved model) is SMOG approved?

Yep, I am a Weistec fanboy, but I also own the most powerful C63 BS on the planet and the most powerful CLK BS(along with Earl's CLK) on the planet, both powered by Weistec so until somebody else comes a knockin with a M156 tuned/modded by someone else Weistec will remain the M156 king.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG
Yep, I am a Weistec fanboy, but I also own the most powerful C63 BS on the planet and the most powerful CLK BS(along with Earl's CLK) on the planet, both powered by Weistec so until somebody else comes a knockin with a M156 tuned/modded by someone else Weistec will remain the M156 king.
LOL , you probably also have the biggest ego on the planet

I can agree with you on the facts. But you also have to consider one thing :

What if your engine blows because of the supercharger ? Does Weistec give you any warranty ? Do they have the funds to refund you in case its their fault ?
I would rather trust a well known big company like Kleeman , than a "small" ( how many guys there ? ) company like Weistec ( I'm not talking about pure performance here ! )
Also they have many sellers in many countries. So direct customer service would be much easier with Kleemann. At least in EU for exemple.
If I install Weistec in my car , the thing blows , what can I do ? Go to US , ship the car to US , make a claim in us ? Wow...

Yes the numbers are for Weistec. But the peace of mind goes to Kleemann. Remember that they were producing S/C ( on other plateforms ) before you even bought your CLK lol. If they come up with something , you know that its going to be a long-life product.
Weistec is too new to give any warranties on long terms. No matter the HP they give ( yes your CBS is incredibly fast )

To be honest , I've sent many enquiries to Weistec. Never got any reply. I sent 1 request to Kleemann. Got an answer same day.

At the end of the day , we will have to wait for a direct fight between the two , considering every aspects ( HP , warranty , life span , quality etc... )

Last edited by Kaiba; 03-13-2013 at 02:21 PM.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:24 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
CLS63S
Mother of god I made this mistake of asking about a Kleeman supercharger on another board. I got flamed to hell and back. The jar has been opened again!

Old 03-13-2013, 02:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360 Modena TT
Originally Posted by Kaiba
LOL , you probably also have the biggest ego on the planet

I can agree with you on the facts. But you also have to consider one thing :

What if your engine blows because of the supercharger ? Does Weistec give you any warranty ? Do they have the funds to refund you in case its their fault ?
I would rather trust a well known big company like Kleeman , than a "small" ( how many guys there ? ) company like Weistec ( I'm not talking about pure performance here ! )
Also they have many sellers in many countries. So direct customer service would be much easier with Kleemann. At least in EU for exemple.
If I install Weistec in my car , the thing blows , what can I do ? Go to US , ship the car to US , make a claim in us ? Wow...

Yes the numbers are for Weistec. But the peace of mind goes to Kleemann. Remember that they were producing S/C ( on other plateforms ) before you even bought your CLK lol. If they come up with something , you know that its going to be a long-life product.
Weistec is too new to give any warranties on long terms. No matter the HP they give ( yes your CBS is incredibly fast )

To be honest , I've sent many enquiries to Weistec. Never got any reply. I sent 1 request to Kleemann. Got an answer same day.

At the end of the day , we will have to wait for a direct fight between the two , considering every aspects ( HP , warranty , life span , quality etc... )
so your telling me that Kleeman will offer warranty on your motor if it blows up with their supercharger installed i find that extremely hard to believe .

so let's say that after this "fight" , Weistec is the one making the superior product . are you still going to purchase the Kleeman kit because they are close to you ?
Old 03-13-2013, 02:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
No one is going to warranty the effects of an aftermarket supercharger on your car, regardless of who makes it. You may get a warranty on parts failure of their kit, but not on the car itself.

Also, one thing I've learned in this aftermarket auto game...none of these companies are some major corporation with tons of resources behind them. In fact, some of the biggest names are nothing more than middlemen parts distributors. Not implying anyone in particular here, just saying, I wouldn't base my decision on who has a bigger name or "relationship" with any other company (including Mercedes), more on the product itself and the service of the individuals you are working with.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Kleenman supercharger kits