C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTF!!!Paid 5xxx for ADV1 Rims and WHAT I GOT IS THIS!! (LOADS OF PIC)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 12:15 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2000 E55
Hope everything get's worked out. OP, I see you're in NY which shop(s) are you getting your installs done at ?
Old 03-27-2013, 12:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
Originally Posted by RS5
Thanks for your support Ming, as you have mentioned, we have discussed a lot of times and you gave me all the advise about the offsets and tires and I really appreciated for your help....sth shocking happen today as well....since I just put on my adv10 for my rs5, and I went to the shop since theres some vibration in high speed...and found out three of my wheels are bent....I understand the roads might be pretty ****ty up in New York, but I have had forged Rotiform, HRE wheels in 20" with .
Dang, sorry to hear about ur bent wheels on ur RS5 Rich. What else can go wrong?
Old 03-27-2013, 06:20 AM
RS5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RS5, Panamera 4S, 997 Turbo
Originally Posted by natman316
bent!? that sucks!! I am going to NY this weekend for the auto show and AMG meet hopefully I dont bend my wheel!! one thing I dont like about running >35 series tires LOL
Oh Reali? When are where is the AMG meet, really have to check it out!!

Originally Posted by M Thrizzle
No updates yet op?
Oh, I have already updated this afternoon in page 1, anyway, adv1 contacted me this morning and create a label of UPS and schedule a pick up on thursday. I will say pretty good customer support
Old 03-27-2013, 06:22 AM
RS5

Originally Posted by LIC63AMG
Hope everything get's worked out. OP, I see you're in NY which shop(s) are you getting your installs done at ?
I am up already the Albany area, getting most of the work done by a shop that does most of the exotic around this area.
Originally Posted by Roswell
Dang, sorry to hear about ur bent wheels on ur RS5 Rich. What else can go wrong?
Yeah I know...When I receive the phone call, Im totally shocked, I thought she mean 1 of 4 wheels are bent, but nopee...is 3 out of 4...its like getting jackpot..lmao
Old 03-27-2013, 01:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by RS5
Thanks for your support Ming, as you have mentioned, we have discussed a lot of times and you gave me all the advise about the offsets and tires and I really appreciated for your help....sth shocking happen today as well....since I just put on my adv10 for my rs5, and I went to the shop since theres some vibration in high speed...and found out three of my wheels are bent....I understand the roads might be pretty ****ty up in New York, but I have had forged Rotiform, HRE wheels in 20" with no problems.....

Thanks for backing me up! I believe this is a problem that every owner should know before ordering their rims or even putting them on, I admit they do really make reali nice looking wheels but I am kinda doubtful about the quality somehow after reading the threads from the m3post and 6speed....
ADV1 does not even make their own wheels, they are all outsourced. As soon as a company starts to outsource they lose a handle on all quality control measures.

We have all bent wheels before I am sure, i have bent a few over the years but never have I bent 3 wheels on one of my cars. I would love to know the source of ADV1's aluminum and where the blanks come from. Just like everything else there are many different qualities of aluminum, they are probably using some Chinese crap aluminum or something like that.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

my wife bananas! :D
Originally Posted by jrcart
ADV1 does not even make their own wheels, they are all outsourced. As soon as a company starts to outsource they lose a handle on all quality control measures.

We have all bent wheels before I am sure, i have bent a few over the years but never have I bent 3 wheels on one of my cars. I would love to know the source of ADV1's aluminum and where the blanks come from. Just like everything else there are many different qualities of aluminum, they are probably using some Chinese crap aluminum or something like that.

to be fair to the chinese manufacturers.... the quality is crap because their customers is willing to pay only very little to maximize their own profit margins. I`ve dealt first hand with some of the chinese manufacturers and talked to their CEOs. one of the most common things that kept popping up was that they would be given a price ceiling of X to make the product... then see their customer sell it for 10X to the market. In many times, there just isnt enough in the X to make a decent product.. but hey, their customers is ok with it as long as they make their margins.

I`ve seen some pretty amazing chinese made goods in the medical field. top notch. Actually alot of the medical grade stuff we have here might originate from there. Quality when given the resources is less of an issue
Old 03-27-2013, 02:43 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

R8
Where are you getting your information? Have you even toured their manufacturing facility in California? Do you know how they handle their supply chain and logistics?

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance

Old 03-27-2013, 02:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by acuteperformance
Where are you getting your information? Have you even toured their manufacturing facility in California? Do you know how they handle their supply chain and logistics?

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance

I agree. I believe it MHP who cuts the wheels. If it is them then its a great outfit making the wheels. Sadly maybe sometimes mistakes happen but that's when the company steps up and goes beyond to make it right

I'm sorry the OP spent so much hard earned $ and now is going thru this. I hope everyone here comes out ok.

I don't think adv didn't do this on purpose I just hope they do right and I mean upgrade hardware and overnight the wheels to him. Sometimes it's better to take a loss and save face.
Good luck everyone

Last edited by Mikegpr03; 03-27-2013 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 03-27-2013, 04:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 E63S Wagon
the OEM black series wheels are made in China iirc
Old 03-27-2013, 05:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
I woulda loved to see some pics of these franken-hoops
Old 03-27-2013, 06:08 PM

2012 C63 AMG BS, 2010 DUCATI 1198S
Originally Posted by noodleman
the OEM black series wheels are made in China iirc
You're absolutely right. Taiwan to be more specific. I think the quality is great. 21 lbs for an OEM forged wheel is nice.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by NellyRod
You're absolutely right. Taiwan to be more specific. I think the quality is great. 21 lbs for an OEM forged wheel is nice.
So nice they will be my track wheels and saving HRE for the street.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance
I have no idea how they handle their suppltpy chain, all I said was when companies outsource they loose a portion of quality control....ask anyone in the manufacturing world or business, thqt it is a fact and if you are arguing it you are ignorant to the facts.

Are you saying ADV1 does not outsource to a 3rd party manufacturer?

Need I bring up and provide links to the debacal ADV1 got themselves into about a year ago concerning falsly advertising thst they had TUV approval. Need me to provide links about all the broken wheels?

I was speculating about the chinese raw materials, but come on Micheal, you sell wheels for a living, how common is it for someone to bend 3 wheels??? RS5 is obviously not a noob and has a nice stable of cars, I assume he knows how to drive and takes care of his vehicle and it is highly unlikely he too his car off roading.

Last edited by jrcart; 03-27-2013 at 09:07 PM.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by RS5
Thanks for your support Ming, as you have mentioned, we have discussed a lot of times and you gave me all the advise about the offsets and tires and I really appreciated for your help....sth shocking happen today as well....since I just put on my adv10 for my rs5, and I went to the shop since theres some vibration in high speed...and found out three of my wheels are bent....I understand the roads might be pretty ****ty up in New York, but I have had forged Rotiform, HRE wheels in 20" with no problems.....
Damn man.. this just sucks. Sorry to hear.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:42 PM
RS5

I have no idea how they handle their suppltpy chain, all I said was when companies outsource they loose a portion of quality control....ask anyone in the manufacturing world or business, thqt it is a fact and if you are arguing it you are ignorant to the facts.

Need I bring up and provide links to the debacal ADV1 got themselves into about a year ago concerning falsly advertising thst they had TUV approval. Need me to provide links about all the broken wheels?

I was speculating about the chinese raw materials, but come on Micheal, you sell wheels for a living, how common is it for someone to bend 3 wheels??? RS5 is obviously not a noob and has a nice stable of cars, I assume he knows how to drive and takes care of his vehicle and it is highly unlikely he too his car off roading.
Thanks JRCART, I do really take care of them, and sometimes my gf even complain I care too much of them and ignore her most of the time..lol
Anyway, I think considering the road is extremely crappy here in upstate ny, bent wheels is probably really common, but I still can't accept I got three wheels bent as I always drive to avoid potholes and drive at decent speed when the road condition is severe....
Btw, you also have a really nice stable, all of my fav AMG cars man!! Have fun!

Originally Posted by Mikegpr03
I agree. I believe it MHP who cuts the wheels. If it is them then its a great outfit making the wheels. Sadly maybe sometimes mistakes happen but that's when the company steps up and goes beyond to make it right

I'm sorry the OP spent so much hard earned $ and now is going thru this. I hope everyone here comes out ok.

I don't think adv didn't do this on purpose I just hope they do right and I mean upgrade hardware and overnight the wheels to him. Sometimes it's better to take a loss and save face.
Good luck everyone
Yeah I tink they might probably mess up sth during the assembling process. Hopefully, they would be back to me with a correct offset and fitment in 2-3 weeks, or else I think I will request a refund for another brand or maybe gonna use the money to buy some DMC parts for aventador...haha

Originally Posted by Fung63
to be fair to the chinese manufacturers.... the quality is crap because their customers is willing to pay only very little to maximize their own profit margins. I`ve dealt first hand with some of the chinese manufacturers and talked to their CEOs. one of the most common things that kept popping up was that they would be given a price ceiling of X to make the product... then see their customer sell it for 10X to the market. In many times, there just isnt enough in the X to make a decent product.. but hey, their customers is ok with it as long as they make their margins.

I`ve seen some pretty amazing chinese made goods in the medical field. top notch. Actually alot of the medical grade stuff we have here might originate from there. Quality when given the resources is less of an issue
Yup, that's exactly right, the quality of a product should be determined by how much resources the manufacturer are willing to spend, because high quality products require top notch machines to manufacture which might cost a fortune.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:46 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

R8
Not entirely accurate. ADV1 has their own CNC & lathing machines they are just located at the MHT facility. ADV1 also hires their own engineers (not sure how many they have) to do the drawings before sending them to the CNC machine. ADV1 assembly, testing, etc., is literally in the same building as those machines. When I pick up the wheels I can see the machines cutting. So are they outsourced? Sure they pay MHT money but that doesn't mean that QA has to be sacrificed. It's not like ADV1 isn't touching and testing every single wheel that goes out. I think a more accurate description would be that ADV1 and MHT formed a partnership rather than ADV1 outsources to a 3rd party.

Need I bring up and provide links to the debacle ADV1 got themselves into about a year ago concerning falsely advertising that they had TUV approval. Need me to provide links about all the broken wheels?
http://www.adv1wheels.com/adv1wheels...l/testdata.php

ADV1 is an approved TUV manufacturing facility. Below is a detailed explanation written recently by Jordan Swerdloff on this subject:

"After nearly 2 years and thousands of dollars our partners in Germany, ATT Tec have finally done it! ADV.1 Wheels is now an approved TUV manufacturing co. registered in their database. What this means is that our manufacturing methods, materials and test standards are all up to TUV's strict requirements and our wheels are tested / approved for use in Germany. What this does not mean is that our wheels do not require testing and can be sold freely in Germany however the initial process of testing and approval to even be registered with the TUV is really the most difficult part of the process. Now that the company is registered and added to their database we can begin the process of individually testing / certifying our wheels in each style, size, and application. In order to simply reach the point where you can submit wheels for testing approval you first need to bring all manufacturing methods and materials to TUV standards.

TUV requires individual testing and certification documents for every single wheel style, in each size, for each application so there's still a long road ahead of us in order to be able to offer all styles to a wide range of vehicles. So far we officially have our ADV5.1 monoblock approved in 20x8.5+18 / 20x11+20 for BMW e92 M3. Each additional certification will only require roughly a week for testing / approval now that the TUV recognizes the company as an approved manufacturer, the majority of the paperwork and testing is not needed for each additional certification. Current plans for the remainder of 2012 will include 18 more certifications, 3 styles in both 1 piece and 3 piece track spec configurations, offered to 3 different vehicle platforms.

Although there is still a long way to go, this is a huge step in the process of opening the door to Germany. Currently the selection of wheels able to be sold is very limited and the only option enthusiasts have is to either choose from the limited selection of approved brands, mostly cast wheels or to risk fines and even the loss of their vehicles by driving without TUV certified products on their car. Now, through the efforts of our Exclusive German Distributors ATT-Tec, the German market will finally be able to enjoy our wheels without having to worry about the consequences of driving without approved aftermarket components on their vehicles."

First, all wheels bend regardless if they are forged, cast, etc. When someone asks me, "Michael, I want a strong wheel to be used for the track," I will always recommend monoblock forged just like the Klassen wheels that we both have on our cars." If someone wants 3-piece I always always make sure what they want to use them for. If they say track I will tell them to be cautious because they aren't as strong as monoblocks.

As for RS5's issue with 3 bent wheels? I have no idea but I'm also not willing to speculate because I have no idea how he drove his car, has he ever hit potholes, etc.. There are simply too many variables for me to reach the conclusion that, "OMG ADV1 sucks their wheels are terrible."

Trust me, if ADV1 was that bad I'd be the first to rip them a new one. I've sued wheel companies on behalf of my customers using my own money because I thought my customers weren't being treated right. ADV1 has top notch customer service, they have always taken care of me and the times when I feel like they aren't fair, I had no problems calling up my sales rep and Jordan and going to bat for you, my customers to make sure everything is handled. Why would I waste my time doing all this if I didn't believe in what I sold?

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance
Old 03-27-2013, 09:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Not entirely accurate. ADV1 has their own CNC & lathing machines they are just located at the MHT facility. ADV1 also hires their own engineers (not sure how many they have) to do the drawings before sending them to the CNC machine. ADV1 assembly, testing, etc., is literally in the same building as those machines. When I pick up the wheels I can see the machines cutting. So are they outsourced? Sure they pay MHT money but that doesn't mean that QA has to be sacrificed. It's not like ADV1 isn't touching and testing every single wheel that goes out. I think a more accurate description would be that ADV1 and MHT formed a partnership rather than ADV1 outsources to a 3rd party.

http://www.adv1wheels.com/adv1wheels...l/testdata.php

ADV1 is an approved TUV manufacturing facility. Below is a detailed explanation written recently by Jordan Swerdloff on this subject:

"After nearly 2 years and thousands of dollars our partners in Germany, ATT Tec have finally done it! ADV.1 Wheels is now an approved TUV manufacturing co. registered in their database. What this means is that our manufacturing methods, materials and test standards are all up to TUV's strict requirements and our wheels are tested / approved for use in Germany. What this does not mean is that our wheels do not require testing and can be sold freely in Germany however the initial process of testing and approval to even be registered with the TUV is really the most difficult part of the process. Now that the company is registered and added to their database we can begin the process of individually testing / certifying our wheels in each style, size, and application. In order to simply reach the point where you can submit wheels for testing approval you first need to bring all manufacturing methods and materials to TUV standards.

TUV requires individual testing and certification documents for every single wheel style, in each size, for each application so there's still a long road ahead of us in order to be able to offer all styles to a wide range of vehicles. So far we officially have our ADV5.1 monoblock approved in 20x8.5+18 / 20x11+20 for BMW e92 M3. Each additional certification will only require roughly a week for testing / approval now that the TUV recognizes the company as an approved manufacturer, the majority of the paperwork and testing is not needed for each additional certification. Current plans for the remainder of 2012 will include 18 more certifications, 3 styles in both 1 piece and 3 piece track spec configurations, offered to 3 different vehicle platforms.

Although there is still a long way to go, this is a huge step in the process of opening the door to Germany. Currently the selection of wheels able to be sold is very limited and the only option enthusiasts have is to either choose from the limited selection of approved brands, mostly cast wheels or to risk fines and even the loss of their vehicles by driving without TUV certified products on their car. Now, through the efforts of our Exclusive German Distributors ATT-Tec, the German market will finally be able to enjoy our wheels without having to worry about the consequences of driving without approved aftermarket components on their vehicles."

First, all wheels bend regardless if they are forged, cast, etc. When someone asks me, "Michael, I want a strong wheel to be used for the track," I will always recommend monoblock forged just like the Klassen wheels that we both have on our cars." If someone wants 3-piece I always always make sure what they want to use them for. If they say track I will tell them to be cautious because they aren't as strong as monoblocks.

As for RS5's issue with 3 bent wheels? I have no idea but I'm also not willing to speculate because I have no idea how he drove his car, has he ever hit potholes, etc.. There are simply too many variables for me to reach the conclusion that, "OMG ADV1 sucks their wheels are terrible."

Trust me, if ADV1 was that bad I'd be the first to rip them a new one. I've sued wheel companies on behalf of my customers using my own money because I thought my customers weren't being treated right. ADV1 has top notch customer service, they have always taken care of me and the times when I feel like they aren't fair, I had no problems calling up my sales rep and Jordan and going to bat for you, my customers to make sure everything is handled. Why would I waste my time doing all this if I didn't believe in what I sold?

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance
Glad to see then now have TUV certification, did they have it a year ago when the crap storm started? I seem to recal they did not have certification even though they advertised they did. I am just going off what I have read on some other forums but those threads seemed to have some compelling evidence. As for Jordan, I think he is a dirt bag ever since he did what he did to all those enthusiests when his wheel company was called 360 Forged. Now do not go denying that debacal becuase one of my best friends got hosed in thst deal and there were dozens others thst got hosednout of tens of thousands of dollars, might have even been in the hundreds of thousands...you gonna deny that story too?
Old 03-27-2013, 10:19 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

R8
Nope no denial Jordan screwed a lot of people by his mismanagement. 360 grew too big and he didn't have a solid supply chain and logistics model so he failed. He failed big time, heck he'll be the first to admit it. But you know what, he learned from his mistakes. I would have to say that ADV1 is one of the few companies that has their **** together. They make the entire workflow of submitting orders to picking them up very very easy for me.

Also, I spoke to ADV1 about the entire 360 Forged debacle before selling their wheels. They told me that they should have paid everyone back but if I found anyone that didn't get reimbursed to personally contact Jordan.

I never deny anything. You work with Acute Performance and you'll see just how honest, fair, and extremely straightforward I am. I go to bat for my customers even when it doesn't seem like but trust me, if you talk to my sales reps of my suppliers they could tell you stories.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance

Glad to see then now have TUV certification, did they have it a year ago when the crap storm started? I seem to recal they did not have certification even though they advertised they did. I am just going off what I have read on some other forums but those threads seemed to have some compelling evidence. As for Jordan, I think he is a dirt bag ever since he did what he did to all those enthusiests when his wheel company was called 360 Forged. Now do not go denying that debacal becuase one of my best friends got hosed in thst deal and there were dozens others thst got hosednout of tens of thousands of dollars, might have even been in the hundreds of thousands...you gonna deny that story too?
Old 03-28-2013, 06:05 AM

Geo Storm
I don't post here much, but all the fanboyism Michael from Acute Performance is displaying for ADV1 in this thread is ridiculous. I'd never ever recommend buying ADV1 rims to anyone. I don't care how good they look. The owner is a crook.

Michael, things may be working well currently between Acute Performance and ADV1, but I wouldn't join my good name with them and vouch for them like you are, nor would I make excuses for Jordan's straight-up fraud and refer to it as making "mistakes". Jordan is a shady dude and he's quite the liar. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see him make similar "mistakes" if things ever get tough for him in the future.

Anyway, glad you got it sorted out OP. To others reading this thread and thinking about buying ADV1, read up on 360 Forged if you haven't already. Refuse to support criminals such as Jordan- he isn't worthy of your money. Support reputable brands instead.