Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what do you guys think of this 63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 11:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 AMG S
+1 on Carfax. My mom was switching to a different auto insurance company and the new insurer quoted the mileage on her car at something like 23k+ miles...this # seemed a 'tad' high, so we checked her odometer and it read 12k miles. Insurance company's source of information: Carfax.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:48 PM

C63
Originally Posted by CoolBDPhenom03
2010 with only 8k miles?? Better check the service records. Have you requested the CarFax yet? It appears to be in great condition, but I'm worried it was someone's garage queen and wasn't driven enough. That or the few miles were hard miles.

Edit: Just looked at the CarFax report...no one's driven it in 3 months and there have been barely any miles put on in 9 months. And before that, it looks like someone drove it 3k miles in one month. This is just bizarre to me, but at least there haven't been any accidents reported.
i just bought an '09 with 1200 miles. car was driven regularly but very little. more drives to the dealership (which apparently was not too close) for annual services vs. anywhere else.

dude who had it was a collector of AMG cars and due to medical reasons needed to liquidate.

anyway, the car is awesome. have put 800 miles on it - just like a new car. it was CPOd by a very reputable dealer so really i had nothing to lose.

i'm just saying that low miles shouldn't be that alarming. i drove my Mazdaspeed3 1800 miles one year. if it's not a CPO car because it's available at a non-Merc store...get a legit PPI, check Carfax and Autocheck and if that all checks out, enjoy the car. i'd look into extending the warranty with MB too.

EDIT: so you can't extend the warranty even if it's still in warranty? that's cray. didn't know that. can you have Mercedes CPO a car for you then? i know some makes allow that, but obv for a sizeable cost. i have no clue - i bought a CPO and extended the warranty, from start to finish the whole thing was done with MB so i'm not in the same boat as the OP.

Last edited by builthatch; 03-27-2013 at 11:54 PM.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Nice score!
Old 03-28-2013, 12:02 AM

C63
i'd like to second the notion about Carfax. but...i don't think it should be completely ignored. sure it misses stuff...but it also catches stuff, so in combination with a PPI and Autocheck you should be as covered as you can possibly be.

i can back up the claims about Carfax with a personal experience. i had an unnamed brand of vehicle delivered to me brand new. it had a bunch of issues including evidence of extensive damage and paint work prior to delivery (to me). i'm talking about an entire vehicle side. the unnamed OE decided to "rebuy" the car, which means buy it back.

it ended up at the dealer where the orig purchase and "rebuy" were executed as a CPO car. i checked Carfax in the ads they were running for the car and it showed NOTHING of the intensive visits i had with the manufacturer, where the car was left for people to study it and it showed nothing of the issues from which the car suffered. so some poor soul bought that car without any warning that the car had terrible issues.

just for kicks i've been randomly for the last year checking Z4M Coupes in the region. i found a 2007 with really low mileage available CPO at a PA BMW dealer. i googled the VIN and found a thread from a dude in Washington - he had all sorts of issues with the car and it turned out it was damaged in a huge way prior to new delivery. BMW bought the car back and it eventually, several years later, ended up as a CPO with no trace of the issues on Carfax.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
2022 E53 SG
Originally Posted by USCGTO
I have owned 3 CPO MBs. In 2 different states. All bought from 3 different dealers. Each time, I had an opportunity to buy a slightly cheaper example under factory warranty from original owner or another non-MB dealer.

Each time I called multiple dealers trying to confirm the same concept of not being offered a plan to buy and OE MB extended warranty. The results were always the same.
Well, I just purchased my extended warranty for fear I wouldn't be able to at some point. My original warranty expires in July 2014. I extended it to July 2017 or 75,000 miles. I am the second owner. Not a CPO. Got approved and completed. bot through Teastman@mbofelmbrook.com, which I found on this forum.