Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SHIFT S3TOR Airstrip Attack 4/7

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 08:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Great run Jim and respect to one of the coolest M3 guys, Drew, here on our boards.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C6 Z06
Jim, Ryan from Shift-S3ctor here. Great meeting you and the Weistec guys and your cars were impressing everyone. I had to pick a lot of jaws up off the floor when the CLK would make a pass.

Also nice to see all of the other familiar faces. Drew's car was strong as aways, and Eric's C63 was ripping as well. Can't thank you guys enough for the support and hope to see you again at the next one.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by JamE55
Nice run Jim! Impressive run with Drew's car.

With Drew's built motor how much rwhp do you guesstimate he's running?
Hey Jam, agreed Jim's cars are very impressive.

FWIW I made 660+WHP SAE, and 680+WHP STD on two different dynojets, one at EAS, the other at SpecialtyZ, a well known and widely used dyno in my area.

I know those might seem a tad high but after these runs a few months back with my buddies 730whp STD, Ford GT, they seemed a little low, lol. Makes Jim's win even more impressive.

Last edited by DLSJ5; 04-08-2013 at 09:07 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:03 PM

C63
Great run! Can't wait to see your car in person Jim.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Sincity
Great run Jim and respect to one of the coolest M3 guys, Drew, here on our boards.
Thanks man, appreciate the kind words.

Originally Posted by xtyper
Great event out there with Shift S3ctor as always. Jim and Drew followed through with the much awaited battle, and the results were nothing short of amazing. I'm lucky to have witnessed it firsthand, and both cars are beyond impressive. Guys that run their cars more than their mouths are far and few in between, so thank you Jim and Drew for being a couple of those rare examples.

And gotta give ACG Automotive and Weistec a big thank you for helping me out at the track with my flat tire. Weistec supplied the tire patch kit, and ACG helped me install it. Great shops with some great people behind them.
Thanks Buddy, appreciate that and I agree. There is no doubt that Jim has delivered with his cars.

Originally Posted by Dads C63
Drew / Jim,
Congrats on the runs and your individual wins!! Hats off to Jim and Weistec for the win!

Wish they had something like that on the east coast. It would be fun racing you guys to get a comparison of a N/A car vs FI.

Great job to both of you for your builds and performance. Stay safe!!

Keith
Thanks Keith!

Last edited by DLSJ5; 04-08-2013 at 10:14 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by neoprufrok
Congrats on your car too! It looks and runs great. Awesome of you to come here and give us info on your incredible car. I'm sure you'll be working on it for more to come.
Thanks man! I remember you from our Audi days, great looking car you got there, we both moved up.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 CLS63 S-AMG
More videos please!!
Old 04-09-2013, 03:37 AM

SI

any clips of the CLK?
Old 04-09-2013, 08:20 AM

2015 CLS63 S-AMG
I found these today, not even fair!

Old 04-09-2013, 08:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
For the record I lost a race to the HPF E46 the following day, that car was fast. I think he turned up boost and ran Meth the time he beat me, he said he was up 100 more home. His car is fully gutted, cage and a single race seat, he said it weighs 3200 pounds.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
Awesome kill Cart!
Old 04-09-2013, 09:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by DLSJ5

FWIW I made 660+WHP SAE, and 680+WHP STD on two different dynojets, one at EAS, the other at SpecialtyZ, a well known and widely used dyno in my area.

I know those might seem a tad high but after these runs a few months back with my buddies 730whp STD, Ford GT, they seemed a little low, lol. Makes Jim's win even more impressive.

E92 M3 DCT - ESS VT3 Built Motor (660whp) VS. Ford GT Whipple Supercharger (730whp) - YouTube
Drew, if it makes you feel any better I ran that red Ford GT with my C this weeknd and lost as well. I think maybe his car got faster LOL. Weistec has the video of the Ford GT race I will try to have them post it.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:12 AM

2015 CLS63 S-AMG
Originally Posted by jrcart
For the record I lost a race to the HPF E46 the following day, that car was fast. I think he turned up boost and ran Meth the time he beat me, he said he was up 100 more home. His car is fully gutted, cage and a single race seat, he said it weighs 3200 pounds.

He most have used some
You beat him pretty bad in that race I would be surprised if he beat you the next day with just meth. He must have turned up the boost just to try and beat you. lol

That second video with the 300C you guys both lost control right before the cone, why did that happen? I am pretty sure you did a burn out right before the video started but I do have to say I love seeing the beast go out of control.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Blown63
He most have used some
You beat him pretty bad in that race I would be surprised if he beat you the next day with just meth. He must have turned up the boost just to try and beat you. lol

That second video with the 300C you guys both lost control right before the cone, why did that happen? I am pretty sure you did a burn out right before the video started but I do have to say I love seeing the beast go out of control.
I can tell you exactly what happened, one of the Weistec guys and my friend decided to take a ride down to the starting line on the pit bikes, they say that all the GTR's and a couple of the other cars putting up big numbers that day were starting WOT from a dig about 200ft before the cones so I talked to Bryce, the owner of the 300 and we decided to hell with cones we were going to go for it from a dig. As you can see in the video traction was terrible and I was sideways a couple times, sideways at over 100 mph is fun and makes for a cool vid
Old 04-09-2013, 12:01 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DLSJ5

Drew,

Both you and Jim's cars are impressive in their own way. I love these types of matches where the results are close.

He probably got a gauge of what he needs to do to win the next race when he lost during that race. Maybe it's time to kick it up a notch on your side?
Old 04-09-2013, 12:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by JamE55
Drew,

Both you and Jim's cars are impressive in their own way. I love these types of matches where the results are close.

He probably got a gauge of what he needs to do to win the next race when he lost during that race. Maybe it's time to kick it up a notch on your side?
I am not too worried about it, C is not getting any more HP it is plenty fast for what I built it for and that is road course use, in fact I might detune it, it is a rocket.

My CLK is my "BIG DOG" however I have a hard time finding people to run it at these events. They only cars I could run at the event were 1500 hp Ford GT's, 1000whp AMS ALpha10 GT-R's and a 1200 whp Porsche tt. Pretty much everyone was affraid of it after I put up a 182mph pass on my first run of the day. Out of the 150 or so cars at the event only about 8 of them were trapping over 180mph. There were two cars at the event trapping over 200 a tt Porsche and a GT-R and two other cars trapping in the 190's.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:11 PM

Mystery M3
Originally Posted by Dads C63
Wish they had something like that on the east coast. It would be fun racing you guys to get a comparison of a N/A car vs FI.

Keith
I believe Pocono Raceway has a very similar event coming this weekend. I've seen it posted on other forums...but can't find it at the moment.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:18 PM

Mystery M3
Pretty much everyone was affraid of it after I put up a 182mph pass on my first run of the day.
I was the guy filming from the timing booth. So not only did I get 99% of all runs in HiDef video, I also heard the times. Times were impressive no doubt. Were any of these runs from a dig? I'm asking because a few of us thought it sounded like it but could easily be mistaken with all the noise in the area.

Anyways, I'll see if I can find some of your runs and post them up.

Still curious if you captured anything on a vbox.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by PencilGeek
I was the guy filming from the timing booth. So not only did I get 99% of all runs in HiDef video, I also heard the times. Times were impressive no doubt. Were any of these runs from a dig? I'm asking because a few of us thought it sounded like it but could easily be mistaken with all the noise in the area.

The only race I ran from a dig was my C BS against Bryce's Hemi 300C. All the GT-R's and the tt Porsches were running from a dig.

Here is what happened when we went from a dig in a 2wd car LOL.....watch how sideways we both get at close to 100 mph

Last edited by jrcart; 04-09-2013 at 01:26 PM.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Probably time to change that license plate avatar considering an my AMG trapped 5mph faster than the HPF M3 that won the BMW shootout on Sunday
Old 04-09-2013, 03:18 PM

2015 CLS63 S-AMG
Finally, I have been waiting to see this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D81xdkedPkk

I don't understand why it is not showing up as the videos above!?

Last edited by Blown63; 04-09-2013 at 03:24 PM.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:29 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
a car
Jim,

Great showing by both of your cars out there!

Can't wait for the next one, hopefully we can line up the CLKBS and my GT-R again. I think it would have been a great race with the traps we were putting down consistently all weekend.

All the best!
Old 04-09-2013, 03:34 PM

Mystery M3
The only race I ran from a dig was my C BS against Bryce's Hemi 300C. All the GT-R's and the tt Porsches were running from a dig.
It was pretty noisy around us most of the time, but there was one race where all the noise got real quiet and you could hear the cars running from a dig. So that would probably be this race that we were talking about.

Probably time to change that license plate avatar considering an my AMG trapped 5mph faster than the HPF M3 that won the BMW shootout on Sunday
It's all good. I'm not an E46 HPF guy. I have my own project going on the E92 platform. It will be much stronger and quite a bit more exotic than Drew's. Where he's DCT, I'm 6MT. So I will have more power, but I shift much slower. Still, the license plate stays. It's all for fun anyways...not meant to be taken too seriously.

VERY nice rides, btw. Contrats.

Still curious if you have any vbox data from the event.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

It was pretty noisy around us most of the time, but there was one race where all the noise got real quiet and you could hear the cars running from a dig. So that would probably be this race that we were talking about.

It's all good. I'm not an E46 HPF guy. I have my own project going on the E92 platform. It will be much stronger and quite a bit more exotic than Drew's. Where he's DCT, I'm 6MT. So I will have more power, but I shift much slower. Still, the license plate stays. It's all for fun anyways...not meant to be taken too seriously.

VERY nice rides, btw. Contrats.

Still curious if you have any vbox data from the event.
Reach out to the guys at Weistec, probably Mike, they have all the VBox data and GoPro footage, I am already back home in Chicago.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Tal@ACGAutomotive
Jim,

Great showing by both of your cars out there!

Can't wait for the next one, hopefully we can line up the CLKBS and my GT-R again. I think it would have been a great race with the traps we were putting down consistently all weekend.

All the best!
Ughhh....I am having frigging nightmares about GT-R's LOL, This now makes two events in a row where I was beat by a GT-R, last time it was Sean's SPE GT-R and this time you guys and those damn Alpha's. What was the guys name I raced in the trophy shootout with the blue GT-R? He was a nice guy, too bad about his trans breaking. That is the third track event I have been at and seen a GT-R trans break, that is one of the reasons I will never buy one, but other than that they are solid.

See you guys soon

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SHIFT S3TOR Airstrip Attack 4/7