Sponsored by:

MHP question...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 12:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
Nice to know MHP is reselling Weistec tune cuz my friend bought a used C63 with MHP tune, and he said his ECU box looks like crap(must be ups again lol) . At least he will be glad to hear he got a Weistec tune & not have to deal with MHP at all.

Hope we keep it civil & not let Shell close this thread.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by Roswell
Nice to know MHP is reselling Weistec tune cuz my friend bought a used C63 with MHP tune, and he said his ECU box looks like crap(must be ups again lol) . At least he will be glad to hear he got a Weistec tune & not have to deal with MHP at all.

Hope we keep it civil & not let Shell close this thread.
It depends on how old the tune is, a lot of the old crappy ones were done by other tuners. Andy has had several tuners, some of them hacks doing his tunes before Weistec. If it has epoxy it is not a Weistec.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Good to know, his car is a 2009. I will ask him if it has epoxy on it.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:36 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 91 Likes on 46 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
I have the ability to build any header design I like for my C63. Build it, install it, love it or build an other. Lets call a spade a spade here. I run a business. The goal is to stay on top of the game and make some money. Just like any other business.

If I found something or had an idea that I thought would be better then what we have now. I'd do it. I would not hesitate to bring it to market. Are there tweaks we can make to our current headers? yes. The tweaks I'd like to make would only make building the headers a bit easier. Rather than shaping each round tube to mate to an oval port. This would save is a bunch of time in the building process. However it would cost a boat load more due to machining costs. In turn adding to the over all cost of the header.

in retrospect, If i was doing it again and making money was a top priority... I'd make a 4 into 1 header for the 63's. Only because it's the cheaper to make, and people have a vision in their head that, that is what a header looks like. Or event to be a long tube header the collector HAS TO sit under the chassis. If that was the case our S55/CL55 and G55 headers would be 8 feet long.

The fact of the matter is the only things you can do with a 4 into 1 is the size of the collector, put a merge spike in the collector ( we do that on ALL of our 4 into 1 headers) And/or make it equal length. I know I'm leaving a few things out, but you get the point.

With a Tri-Y you got a bunch of options you can do. Like how you stage the Y's and Tubing size transitions. Size and length of primaries, length of the 3 Y collectors. The list goes on.

Really though this is a Mercedes and not a 68 Chevy. We've got a lot of things to clear and avoid. Not to mention o2 sensors. People who've had a leak on a o2 equipped car, running slip fit collectors, know that CEL is nothing to mess around with. Since it controls the fueling of your car.

Keep in mind the design doesn't always make one style better than an other. Its craftsmanship and materials. For the C63 I know who's headers are made in the USA. What ones crack, who uses 18 gauge steel and who used 16 gauge steel. For those who don't know, You want 16 gauge stainless steel.

We use 16 gauge stainless.

Here is a picture of a popular Mercedes long tube header using 18 gauge stainless steel.

MBH 63 flange prototype
Old 04-15-2013, 01:50 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 91 Likes on 46 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
As I mentioned in my last post, the slip fit done wrong can leak before the 1st o2 sensor causing, over or under fueling of your engine. Not saying every slip fit collector is bad, but when it's like this (see below) you could be asking for big trouble.

Old 04-15-2013, 02:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG
Jrcart , stop insulting and throwing accusations..
The guy offered a legit deal with real proofs. Either use your uber money that you like so much to show us , either admit you accused without any proofs.
( regarding the SLS' owners name )

At the end of the day , you only accused without any proofs..... All your blabla has nothing behind it... And that is valid for both parties !

If anyone has proofs , please post !! That would help the thread instead of these little dad's money guys with their big mouths.

If you want the thread to stay civile , stop accusing and use proofs. End.

Last edited by Kaiba; 04-15-2013 at 05:43 AM.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 107 Likes on 75 Posts
2018 AMG GTR, 2017 GLS63, 2019 C63s
Well, yawn. Done following this. Clearly would not be interested in dealing with any vendors represented here, just to be on the safe side.

What a waste of bandwidth.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by JumpinJim
It's like elementary school in here all over again.
Yes it is, but with some interesting information and a warning to others which is valuable. What a train wreck of a business, hard to believe MHP is still doing this at this late date with so many threads, Google, Yahoo, and Bing searches provides.

Old 04-15-2013, 03:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 SLS AMG, 2009 SL63 AMG, 2008 C63 AMG(SOLD)
I have always said and will continoue to say the best headers for the M156 63's are those made by MBH.

There is this talk that for NA and SC application one is better than the other. I simply dont take it.

I have seen and driven both. The MBH applications pull harder and stronger for both SC and NA applications
Old 04-15-2013, 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by MBH motorsports
As I mentioned in my last post, the slip fit done wrong can leak before the 1st o2 sensor causing, over or under fueling of your engine. Not saying every slip fit collector is bad, but when it's like this (see below) you could be asking for big trouble.

Mike I have been trying to contact you. where have you been?

Please reply to my PM . It is urgent
Old 04-15-2013, 03:22 AM

2011 C63
Circle circle dot dot now I got my koodies shot. Crazy stuff in this world. There are far more pressing things in our current world that need everyone's immediate attention on. If things continue to escalate globaly as they are predicted to we might not be able to enjoy our amazing cars for much longer. I spent 7 & 1/2 years in the US Marines, I've seen things in this crazy f"ing world that make me wake up everyday and appreciate what I have and not whine about the things That i don't have. I've learned that greed and overzealous envy will make people steal from anyone they can to fulfill there needs. The moral of the story is. Don't get worked up so much about this guy Andy. Control what you can control. Alert the authorities, communicate to your attorney on the matter. Just remember if he's done these things he will be punished. With that said, Celebrate your life. Celebrate it everyday. Life is so short. Part of my celebration everyday is when Im driving my AMG. That's my .02. I just felt like being positive with all the negativity currently.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by loshea
Circle circle dot dot now I got my koodies shot. Crazy stuff in this world. There are far more pressing things in our current world that need everyone's immediate attention on. If things continue to escalate globaly as they are predicted to we might not be able to enjoy our amazing cars for much longer. I spent 7 & 1/2 years in the US Marines, I've seen things in this crazy f"ing world that make me wake up everyday and appreciate what I have and not whine about the things That i don't have. I've learned that greed and overzealous envy will make people steal from anyone they can to fulfill there needs. The moral of the story is. Don't get worked up so much about this guy Andy. Control what you can control. Alert the authorities, communicate to your attorney on the matter. Just remember if he's done these things he will be punished. With that said, Celebrate your life. Celebrate it everyday. Life is so short. Part of my celebration everyday is when Im driving my AMG. That's my .02. I just felt like being positive with all the negativity currently.
+63

That was perhaps the best post of this thread
Old 04-15-2013, 05:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
09 C63
MHP now re-sell Weistec tunes? or MHP used Weistec for Keiths car only?

h
Old 04-15-2013, 07:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by loshea
Originally Posted by SLS Qatar
+63

That was perhaps the best post of this thread
Totally agree, best post of the day indeed!!

Let justice or life itself take care of those dishonest ppl.. And we should just enjoy our beloved cars!!
Old 04-15-2013, 07:46 AM
Administrator

Received 515 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Originally Posted by ShellURT
Andy wants no part of you nor your shop nor Mark as a customer anymore and has told him that via text and email. Mark had no issue with where the remaining parts (bolts and buckets) were going to be shipped with Andy so why are you claiming he does now? Mark never asked for a tracking number before communication was cut off due to the legal situation you have created. Andy even offered to refund him on the bolts and buckets so Mark could buy them himself but Mark declined. This is all in texts forwarded from him to me.
You also lied about how much Mark paid for his headers, no one has ever been charged more than list price for them directly from MHP as Mark bought them. Less in a package. And you would have no clue how much the cams cost MHP to make but had no problem lying to Mark about that or this forum.
Either way the buckets and bolts are en route to the same place Marks cams have been sitting for months, the same place Mark told Andy he wanted to have them installed and had no issue waiting on Dan to get his car out of the body shop so they could both be tuned on site at the same time to save on costs. Im repeating myself now. I applaud Andy for not dealing with customers or shops like you or Mark, I wouldn't either.
To the OP (David) and his friend….. I think you now have your answer. It appears that the line of communication is broken and MHP wishes to end all business dealings with you. Unless members have new information that is pertinent to this thread, I think it's time for it to close. The side bets and header design discussions are entertaining but maybe they should be reserved for a different thread.

I will reopen the thread if requested by the OP or if I'm informed of new developments.

Now everyone go hug somebody and enjoy the day.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:15 PM

2010 C63 AMG
I would like to begin with a huge thanks to all the overwhelming support from members here and the mods.

As you all might remember who are following this thread, it was originally started to gain an understanding about MHP and their current business status so we could figure out why all the excuses From Andy have all come up empty. Andy even went so far as to another voice, that of "Shell" to assure is that he sent the cams and all related parts needed for the installation. He sent the cams to a third party, stated he sent the rest of the parts and failed to provide all components needed. Mind you all... this has taken a year to produce the parts.

We trailered the car to Critz Mercedes in Savannah for the cams install and documented such on our Facebook page. We found many problems and thank goodness for all the incredible help from Critz. The cams as delivered would have never worked, the bore machining was too large for the stock sized oil galley plugs to fit, so an additional cost for the machining to fit the sized up plugs was necessary.

We had to purchase an additional $2000.00 in parts with a labor cost over $1500.00 to complete the surgery needed.

We are now at TopSpeed Motorsports and made to pulls to gain info on the tune, both which are posted on our Facebook and the video is on the RaceShotsResource YouTube channel. The tune is a joke with no 100% throttle until over 4500 rpm even when the pedal is floored. Additionally the ECU was NEVER RESEALED by Andy which might be why so many people are having such failures after his tuning.

Hope this update helps!
Old 04-18-2013, 06:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Auto Tech Racing, didn't you say one of Andy's excuses for header delays was something having to do with their bending machine? Well I know for a fact that MHP headers are built by Stainless Works, Stainless works has several bending machines, I know this becuase I have a Ford Raptor and there was a thread on the RaptorForumz that had a virtual photo tour of the Stainless Works facility. So you might want to go back to Andy and call his bluff on the bending machine excuse LOL!

Sorry to hear you have encountered more obstacles with MHP, I am sure Andy or ShellURT will have a good excuse for you lol. Good luck and let us know when that monster is running.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MBH motorsports
I have the ability to build any header design I like for my C63. Build it, install it, love it or build an other. Lets call a spade a spade here. I run a business. The goal is to stay on top of the game and make some money. Just like any other business.

If I found something or had an idea that I thought would be better then what we have now. I'd do it. I would not hesitate to bring it to market. Are there tweaks we can make to our current headers? yes. The tweaks I'd like to make would only make building the headers a bit easier. Rather than shaping each round tube to mate to an oval port. This would save is a bunch of time in the building process. However it would cost a boat load more due to machining costs. In turn adding to the over all cost of the header.

in retrospect, If i was doing it again and making money was a top priority... I'd make a 4 into 1 header for the 63's. Only because it's the cheaper to make, and people have a vision in their head that, that is what a header looks like. Or event to be a long tube header the collector HAS TO sit under the chassis. If that was the case our S55/CL55 and G55 headers would be 8 feet long.

The fact of the matter is the only things you can do with a 4 into 1 is the size of the collector, put a merge spike in the collector ( we do that on ALL of our 4 into 1 headers) And/or make it equal length. I know I'm leaving a few things out, but you get the point.

With a Tri-Y you got a bunch of options you can do. Like how you stage the Y's and Tubing size transitions. Size and length of primaries, length of the 3 Y collectors. The list goes on.

Really though this is a Mercedes and not a 68 Chevy. We've got a lot of things to clear and avoid. Not to mention o2 sensors. People who've had a leak on a o2 equipped car, running slip fit collectors, know that CEL is nothing to mess around with. Since it controls the fueling of your car.

Keep in mind the design doesn't always make one style better than an other. Its craftsmanship and materials. For the C63 I know who's headers are made in the USA. What ones crack, who uses 18 gauge steel and who used 16 gauge steel. For those who don't know, You want 16 gauge stainless steel.

We use 16 gauge stainless.
It is a shame you got pulled into this mess. Your headers are a far superior product to the MHP headers for the reasons you listed and more. I run MBH headers on both of my Black Series', don't let Andy get to you, everyone knows your product is superior.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
'10 C63

and i don't even like popcorn...
Old 04-18-2013, 06:24 PM
Out Of Control!

Jim setting the truth free. lol Preach it brotha.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:26 PM

CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by AutoTech Racing
I would like to begin with a huge thanks to all the overwhelming support from members here and the mods.

As you all might remember who are following this thread, it was originally started to gain an understanding about MHP and their current business status so we could figure out why all the excuses From Andy have all come up empty. Andy even went so far as to another voice, that of "Shell" to assure is that he sent the cams and all related parts needed for the installation. He sent the cams to a third party, stated he sent the rest of the parts and failed to provide all components needed. Mind you all... this has taken a year to produce the parts.

We trailered the car to Critz Mercedes in Savannah for the cams install and documented such on our Facebook page. We found many problems and thank goodness for all the incredible help from Critz. The cams as delivered would have never worked, the bore machining was too large for the stock sized oil galley plugs to fit, so an additional cost for the machining to fit the sized up plugs was necessary.

We had to purchase an additional $2000.00 in parts with a labor cost over $1500.00 to complete the surgery needed.

We are now at TopSpeed Motorsports and made to pulls to gain info on the tune, both which are posted on our Facebook and the video is on the RaceShotsResource YouTube channel. The tune is a joke with no 100% throttle until over 4500 rpm even when the pedal is floored. Additionally the ECU was NEVER RESEALED by Andy which might be why so many people are having such failures after his tuning.

Hope this update helps!
Who are you using to tune for the cams ? I don't think the throttle bodies ever fully open. Sounds like you should call Weistec and get them to help you guys out. They are always willing to help people and I'm sure they'd give you some stickers to put on the car for publicity
Old 04-18-2013, 06:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by PaulWdz
Who are you using to tune for the cams ? I don't think the throttle bodies ever fully open. Sounds like you should call Weistec and get them to help you guys out. They are always willing to help people and I'm sure they'd give you some stickers to put on the car for publicity
Correct, 80% is "100%" if I recall.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:56 PM

2010 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by PaulWdz
I am using TopSpeed Motorsports who re-tuned several C63 AMGs that were in Kuwait and the funny thing was our supposedly "updated" tune turns out to be a very outdated file. In Fact, it was the same tune file number as another car which had a completely different set-up than ours. So its no wonder why this car cannot make any power.

YES, I know the log-file shows 80% when the throttle are open to 100. I was simply sharing that when we are done, it will be different all around.

Here is the link to the video I snapped of the baseline dyno pull. Enjoy the LOUDNESS!!

Old 04-18-2013, 09:26 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
C63 AMG
cams as delivered would have never worked, the bore machining was too large for the stock sized oil galley plugs to fit, so an additional cost for the machining to fit the sized up plugs was necessary.

Additionally the ECU was NEVER RESEALED by Andy which might be why so many people are having such failures after his tuning.
Again, more great service from good ole honest Andy and MHP. Wow, that just screams quality, knowledge and service! Makes me want to give MHP my credit card.

Thanks for the update, I hope you get this all resolved.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:35 PM

CLK63 Black Series
I am using TopSpeed Motorsports who re-tuned several C63 AMGs that were in Kuwait and the funny thing was our supposedly "updated" tune turns out to be a very outdated file. In Fact, it was the same tune file number as another car which had a completely different set-up than ours. So its no wonder why this car cannot make any power.
That's ALMOST unbelievable

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MHP question...