Sponsored by:

MHP question...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 10:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 C63 AMG
Thumbs down

Just wanted to share how our ECU was left from Andy's tuning with no reseal other than the left over sealant would somehow keep dust & moisture out.

Just keep this in mind and it might be worth an inspection if you have sent him your ECU.

It is very clear that he used a large flat screwdriver to pry open the sealant instead of using a local heat from a light torch to "help" release the sealant as it is prescribed by Mercedes' approved methods of separating the case if needed.

I remember a post earlier on this thread where FedEx had used a screwdriver to damage a circuit board, then resealed the package before continuing to ship it to the customer. Hmmmmm....
Old 04-19-2013, 10:46 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by AutoTech Racing
Just wanted to share how our ECU was left from Andy's tuning with no reseal other than the left over sealant would somehow keep dust & moisture out.

Just keep this in mind and it might be worth an inspection if you have sent him your ECU.

I remember a post earlier on this thread where FedEx had used a screwdriver to damage a circuit board, then resealed the package before continuing to ship it to the customer. Hmmmmm....
Par for the course... Yeah, that was my ecu that Fedex opened and tuned before getting to little Andy. What an incompetent MORON!

Didn't you mention that MHP told you one of your earlier ECU's that you sent was damaged or no good? Makes you wonder what happened to that one..... The number of stories with MHP are mind boggling.. I have been on many car forums over the last 15 years and every now and then would hear of an isolated incident or two with a vendor. But NEVER anything close to the scale that has been posted on the problems with MHP. Boy, if that doesnt scream stay away......

I wish you well OP, and hope you get your car running well. You might want to put a condom on those cams before you put them in your motor.. No telling where they have been....

Last edited by immelman; 04-19-2013 at 11:08 AM.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
LOL @ the infamous Fedex screwdriver. My friend with the MHP tuned ECU looks like it got raped.. Maybe the Fedex guy should have used some lube or condom on his screwdriver. LOL
Old 04-19-2013, 12:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,598 Likes on 940 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
How much power do you gain from the FedEx tune?
Old 04-19-2013, 12:08 PM

2010 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Jasonoff
How much power do you gain from the FedEx tune?
Well my speculation is that one would gain quite a bit since the Stock tune loaded in the new ECU you'd have to buy is better than the one coming from MHP.

At least that is our experience so far.

A little research has revealed another thread where TopSpeed fixed another MHP tune and the ECU was damaged.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...-new-tune.html

Last edited by AutoTech Racing; 04-19-2013 at 12:22 PM.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes AMG C63s
MHP did my tune..Well possibly it was strange. Was suppose to be getting tuned by them but was late receiving back my ECU so I called ups and they said it was on its way to Indiana from CALIFORNIA...I called Andy right away..Someone said he was in another country that some special machine broke and he had Wesitec put his tune on my ecu so I didn't have to wait and that's why it was in cali. I was mad but I was compensated with a nice discount..Not sure if its really MHP TUNE or WEISTEC but it was a night and day difference and I love it.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360 Modena TT
Well my speculation is that one would gain quite a bit since the Stock tune loaded in the new ECU you'd have to buy is better than the one coming from MHP.

At least that is our experience so far.

A little research has revealed another thread where TopSpeed fixed another MHP tune and the ECU was damaged.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...-new-tune.html
you know that thread is from 6 months ago but 0-60 brought it back to life from the dead right
Old 04-19-2013, 07:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by anthony02tolson
MHP did my tune..Well possibly it was strange. Was suppose to be getting tuned by them but was late receiving back my ECU so I called ups and they said it was on its way to Indiana from CALIFORNIA...I called Andy right away..Someone said he was in another country that some special machine broke and he had Wesitec put his tune on my ecu so I didn't have to wait and that's why it was in cali. I was mad but I was compensated with a nice discount..Not sure if its really MHP TUNE or WEISTEC but it was a night and day difference and I love it.
All MHP tunes done in the past 10 months or so are "Weistec tunes"...consider yourself fortunate to have a Weistec tune and not one of MHP's old crappy tunes.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Andy sure does like those"broken machine" excuses doesn't he? He gave OP a broken pipe bending machine excuse when OP had to wait nearly a year for a set of headers. Funny part is Stainless Works manufactures all MHP headers lol.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:04 PM

Mercedes AMG C63s
Oh really? Well I'm
Very satisfied with it. Thankful weistec did the tuning for them now that I have read all the horror stories. Trying to find out what the best tune for the C63 is? Thoughts?
Old 04-19-2013, 08:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Oh really? Well I'm
Very satisfied with it. Thankful weistec did the tuning for them now that I have read all the horror stories. Trying to find out what the best tune for the C63 is? Thoughts?
Well I am biased, however Weistec has tuned the fastes NA, Nitrous, and Supercharged AMG 63 M156 motors in the world. That should be all most people need to know who has the best tune.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

my wife bananas! :D
Originally Posted by jrcart
Well I am biased, however Weistec has tuned the fastes NA, Nitrous, and Supercharged AMG 63 M156 motors in the world. That should be all most people need to know who has the best tune.
do they still need to crack open your ecu to tune?

up here, we have EC local and they flash it. Can get it done in minutes and the ecu doesnt get touched. I'm thinking of getting a tune myself and performance from the tune is one of many factors that ppl look at when deciding on a 'best' tune....
Old 04-20-2013, 12:38 AM

W124 E280 95
Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ
you know that thread is from 6 months ago but 0-60 brought it back to life from the dead right
LOL had to congratulate a brother on his new tune bud.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:10 AM

2010 C63 AMG
Cool

I wanted to drop a little tease update that after two days and 23 pulls on the dyno, our car is PERFECT! The drivability is flawless and idle/part throttle to cruise couldn't be better... We are even getting decent fuel mileage at normal freeway speeds!

The original tune was horribly lean with huge drops and surges in fueling depending upon the load values given. The dangerous part of such was that it would never get richer than 13.2:1 at WOT and this was a program designed for nitrous use? The original program also had too much timing which was why we were getting elevated engine temps during sustained high rpm use.

Our focus for this new tune was 93 octane only and to make as much power as possible over a wide rpm range... We achieved that first goal with perfection! The second goal was to achieve a tune that would not remove performance by the ecu pulling timing out during sustained high rpm use and to keep the same power levels in each gear, not just during a 5th gear dyno pull... And we achieved that goal. The results are a very smooth power delivery with no spikes in the power application to the tires in any gear, drivability and reliability. The torque curve is putting down in excess of 426 lb/ft of torque from 3500 rpm to redline without falling off. I will post the graphs after One Lap begins so as to not share all our cards to our competitors who are focused on our efforts.

Were the cams worth it...? They do help make more power on the top end and to produce a flatter curve but for the money, no. If we had a baseline on the same dyno before they were installed and with proper tuning, we could show a much better analysis of their value... Good or bad. Since we do not have such info, I'm inclined to say I would have spent the money on a supercharger for sure.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I wanted to drop a little tease update that after two days and 23 pulls on the dyno, our car is PERFECT! The drivability is flawless and idle/part throttle to cruise couldn't be better... We are even getting decent fuel mileage at normal freeway speeds!

The original tune was horribly lean with huge drops and surges in fueling depending upon the load values given. The dangerous part of such was that it would never get richer than 13.2:1 at WOT and this was a program designed for nitrous use? The original program also had too much timing which was why we were getting elevated engine temps during sustained high rpm use.

Our focus for this new tune was 93 octane only and to make as much power as possible over a wide rpm range... We achieved that first goal with perfection! The second goal was to achieve a tune that would not remove performance by the ecu pulling timing out during sustained high rpm use and to keep the same power levels in each gear, not just during a 5th gear dyno pull... And we achieved that goal. The results are a very smooth power delivery with no spikes in the power application to the tires in any gear, drivability and reliability. The torque curve is putting down in excess of 426 lb/ft of torque from 3500 rpm to redline without falling off. I will post the graphs after One Lap begins so as to not share all our cards to our competitors who are focused on our efforts.

Were the cams worth it...? They do help make more power on the top end and to produce a flatter curve but for the money, no. If we had a baseline on the same dyno before they were installed and with proper tuning, we could show a much better analysis of their value... Good or bad. Since we do not have such info, I'm inclined to say I would have spent the money on a supercharger for sure.
Good stuff man, glad to hear everything is back on track.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
All MHP tunes done in the past 10 months or so are "Weistec tunes"...consider yourself fortunate to have a Weistec tune and not one of MHP's old crappy tunes.

That is some crazy stuff. Considering all the drama surrounded by MHP and their previous tuner I am very surprised Weistec would associate themselves with MHP. Even letting MHP resell their SC kits.

I am also surprised that Dodger and Keith were able to keep it so quiet all this time.

So Andy's V4 tune was a Weistec tune? That is just priceless if its true.

Last edited by propain; 04-21-2013 at 08:54 AM.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by propain
That is some crazy stuff. Considering all the drama surrounded by MHP and their previous tuner I am very surprised Weistec would associate themselves with MHP. Even letting MHP resell their SC kits.

I am also surprised that Dodger and Keith were able to keep it so quiet all this time.

So Andy's V4 tune was a Weistec tune? That is just priceless if its true.
100% true, same exact tune....MHP/Andy sells it for $1390 and Wesitec sells it for $1100 and Weistecs comes with a 100% credit towards one of their supercharger systems should you ever upgrade in the future. Why would anyone ever buy an MHP tune now?
Old 04-21-2013, 09:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
100% true, same exact tune....MHP/Andy sells it for $1390 and Wesitec sells it for $1100 and Weistecs comes with a 100% credit towards one of their supercharger systems should you ever upgrade in the future. Why would anyone ever buy an MHP tune now?
Wow... any idea of when they started using them? I believe the records posted here were from around Feb and April of 2011. I believe Dodger got a better time after that at a rental I was at in 2012.

I have to say I 100% agree. This will most likely be the end for MHP.

Does Weistec have any resellers or representation on the East Coast?
Old 04-21-2013, 09:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Wow... any idea of when they started using them? I believe the records posted here were from around Feb and April of 2011. I believe Dodger got a better time after that at a rental I was at in 2012.

I have to say I 100% agree. This will most likely be the end for MHP.

Does Weistec have any resellers or representation on the East Coast?
I think it was about a year ago but I do not know an exact date. I know for sure Keiths record was done on a Weistec tune. I can not say for sure about Dodger and Dodger can not disclose who tuned his car becuase his is bound by an NDA. I am pretty sure I recall Dodger talking in a thread about his new tune last spring, it would not take much work to back track a timeline and say for certain which tune he ran, but I would guess it was on a Weistec tune as well.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
I think it was about a year ago but I do not know an exact date. I know for sure Keiths record was done on a Weistec tune. I can not say for sure about Dodger and Dodger can not disclose who tuned his car becuase his is bound by an NDA. I am pretty sure I recall Dodger talking in a thread about his new tune last spring, it would not take much work to back track a timeline and say for certain which tune he ran, but I would guess it was on a Weistec tune as well.
Yeah, the "New Tune" tested is most likely the Weistec one. I believe the one his car got shipped to get done. I recall he got a better time but lost some trap. Either way, most likely it.

Are they deleting these threads on PL? I can't find anything from MHP on that site other than a SLS new world record thread from MHP yesterday.

I have to say all this BS and drama in the MB world needs to stop. High end cars with ghetto service. Hopefully Weistec will continue this transparency and not deal with shady companies with bad reputations. Weistec doesn't need that BS. They have made a big name for themselves and in a very short amount of time based on their experience,professionalism and big accomplishments. Hopefully the days of drama are over now for the MB mod world and Weistec and other honest companies continue to provide honest service.

Hopefully Weistec gets something on the EC so I can try them out and drink some of that punch you guys on the WC have been drinking.

Last edited by propain; 04-21-2013 at 09:34 AM.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
^^ well said again propain! Weistec is a great reputable company, and hope none of this will tarnish their reputation .. And most importantly, they will be more careful as who their distributors are.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yeah, the "New Tune" tested is most likely the Weistec one. I believe the one his car got shipped to get done. I recall he got a better time but lost some trap. Either way, most likely it.

Are they deleting these threads on PL? I can't find anything from MHP on that site other than a SLS new world record thread from MHP yesterday.

I have to say all this BS and drama in the MB world needs to stop. High end cars with ghetto service. Hopefully Weistec will continue this transparency and not deal with shady companies with bad reputations. Weistec doesn't need that BS. They have made a big name for themselves and in a very short amount of time based on their experience,professionalism and big accomplishments. Hopefully the days of drama are over now for the MB mod world and Weistec and other honest companies continue to provide honest service.

Hopefully Weistec gets something on the EC so I can try them out and drink some of that punch you guys on the WC have been drinking.
East Coast, how about Ahmad? Ahmad just purchased a 3.0L Weistec for his 55, we all know Ahmad doesn't mess around, He will be runing 9's in no time. Looks like it is going to come down to Ahmad, Earl and I for worlds quickest MB. I am heading back to the 1/4 mile two weeks from today to test out my newest package, hoping for some 9's.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
East Coast, how about Ahmad? Ahmad just purchased a 3.0L Weistec for his 55, we all know Ahmad doesn't mess around, He will be runing 9's in no time. Looks like it is going to come down to Ahmad, Earl and I for worlds quickest MB. I am heading back to the 1/4 mile two weeks from today to test out my newest package, hoping for some 9's.

Nice, I didn't know he was moving forward with it. He doesn't mess around and has good access to MIR rentals. Should be an interesting fall season.

Good luck getting into the 9's. You guys are right there. Which track?

Last edited by propain; 04-21-2013 at 11:16 AM.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Andy sure does like those"broken machine" excuses doesn't he? He gave OP a broken pipe bending machine excuse when OP had to wait nearly a year for a set of headers. Funny part is Stainless Works manufactures all MHP headers lol.
So who owns the header design? Wasn't MHP sending out suit letters to anyone who "tries" to make a similar header? I forget the name of this company (they make a lot of headers) that now makes a CLKBS header and was contemplating on making a C63 header.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Sincity
So who owns the header design? Wasn't MHP sending out suit letters to anyone who "tries" to make a similar header? I forget the name of this company (they make a lot of headers) that now makes a CLKBS header and was contemplating on making a C63 header.
Not sure who owns MHP header design but considering Andy offers no in house engineering I would guess Stainless Works designed them, doubt they patented them and I just did a quick patent search and there are no design patents owned by Andy or MHP....so how the hell woukd he sue anyone....NO PATENT NO PROTECTION. Andy loves those silly legal letters, does anyine take them seriously? I would laugh my *** of if I got one

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MHP question...