Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts
i drive them all, fast and hard
paper floor mat, nice touch
Old 04-24-2013, 10:00 PM
Administrator

Received 515 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Originally Posted by Vic55
Rock can you give us some perspective on the speed of the car? I know you havent owned a C63 but own a CLS which is arguably faster so maybe you can do some comparos including handling, 0-100 runs, lane change bursts, etc. From what Ive "read" the RS5 has medium understeer and requires an aggressive foot to get the most out of the car not unlike the old M5's and M6's with v10 engines.
Funny you ask this because I just got back from Road America tonight and got to spend considerable seat time lapping in a C63. I was also a passenger in a C63 Black series driven by a professional driver and that was exhilarating. Not to get off topic but I hit 146mph with a SLS on a back straight of the four mile plus course. For members who have not experienced the AMG Driving Academy, it is a must. They really let you push these automobile and experience what AMG cars can do.

As to the differences between the C63 and RS5, my butt tells me that the C63 is a much more raw experience and will accelerate faster but I think the RS5 is a much easier car to drive fast. The C63 was fun but it took a lot of concentration when pushing it hard. I would bet that the fast lap times of the RS5 are not the result of what it does in a straight line but how fast and easy it is to drive through and out of transitions. Both are great cars but offer completely different styles.

A few pics from today: