C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Anybody adjusting Camber to make tires sit flat?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 04:31 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
ford svt's, and C63!!!
Anybody adjusting Camber to make tires sit flat?

Just like the title asks, my car rides on the insides of both rear tires, and I'm wanting "straight-line" traction.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
I haven't tried it on the C63, but we used to run zero rear camber on my formula race cars when I was racing. Probably depends on the car and how you drive it. You'd probably have to play with the camber and test it. For the street, it would probably be fine at zero.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Zero camber is for cars with no suspension travel...like a formula race car haha. The camber is there, so when you lean into a corner, the tire gets maximum grip. If you run 0 camber normally, you'll have positive camber while cornering hard, which isn't a good idea.

If you want more traction, take some air out of the tires or get stickier tires. I doubt drag racing is the only thing you use this car for.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:00 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
ford svt's, and C63!!!
Originally Posted by adv4nced53
Zero camber is for cars with no suspension travel...like a formula race car haha. The camber is there, so when you lean into a corner, the tire gets maximum grip. If you run 0 camber normally, you'll have positive camber while cornering hard, which isn't a good idea.

If you want more traction, take some air out of the tires or get stickier tires. I doubt drag racing is the only thing you use this car for.
I just put on some Nitto 555r's last night and they helped a lot, but at the end of the day, the tire's contact patch isn't sitting perpendicular to the road. I don't want it to corner terribly, just thought about reducing the negative camber so it at least doesn't sit like a lowered Civic!! I think when it's extreme enough you can quickly see it with the naked eye, it can't be good for tire wear either?
Old 04-27-2013, 01:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8
There is no factory camber adjustment on the front or rear. For the front you need camber (crash) bolts. Any good alignment shop will have these. For the rear you need adjustable rear control arms. ACG in San Diego has them. Ask for Sean. In any event you don't want to run zero camber. The car won't handle.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:40 AM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 C63,1989 944 Turbo, 2018-GTR, GLC63S
I have , get a set of k-Mac bushings, I have the front and rear camber and front caster. Since I don't drive the car much and hard cornering is important to me I've put about 2 degree negative camber in both front and rear. This is done to keep the tires flat in hard turns... Call Kevin at k-Mac as he's a great guy to deal with.

Last edited by 4ramin; 04-28-2013 at 10:21 AM.