C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

squeaking noise when turning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 09:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 CTT-S
squeaking noise when turning

i noticed this noise when i first had the h&r coilovers installed.. but it only happens once in a while.. after about 3 mod (i think), but now, even on a slight turn on the steering it squeaks.. at the parking lot i would turn the wheels all the way (left and right) to see if i'm hitting anything but i don't see any..

any ideas? or where to look? anything with the steering or suspension perhaps?

i'm due for service b3 soon and might ask the dealer to check but then i know they might void warranty on this particular issue because the suspension is not oem.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:46 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2010 C63 P31 AMG
Originally Posted by mgbrillo
i noticed this noise when i first had the h&r coilovers installed.. but it only happens once in a while.. after about 3 mod (i think), but now, even on a slight turn on the steering it squeaks.. at the parking lot i would turn the wheels all the way (left and right) to see if i'm hitting anything but i don't see any..

any ideas? or where to look? anything with the steering or suspension perhaps?

i'm due for service b3 soon and might ask the dealer to check but then i know they might void warranty on this particular issue because the suspension is not oem.
My car doing the same thing a week after h&r spring install....I think it's bushings but not sure. Happens only when I am turning the wheel full to park or when I back up into a space.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:57 PM

06 CTT-S
^^ kind of like that.. so is this related to the h&r coilovers? kind of like made the wear/tear more on the bushings? or could this be separate but issue happened only now? the car is about 28k miles (got it at around 21k last year - june/july).. i guess I'm about 3months into having this installed
Old 05-13-2013, 01:02 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
2016 C63S, 2012 ML350
Mine too does it since I installed the springs, been over a year now.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:49 PM

06 CTT-S
am i missing anything on the install? does everyone have this 'squeaking' noise and just ignores it? this is the first time i have a coilover installed so i don't really know if this comes with this setup
Old 05-13-2013, 10:06 PM

2010 C63 P31 AMG
am i missing anything on the install? does everyone have this 'squeaking' noise and just ignores it? this is the first time i have a coilover installed so i don't really know if this comes with this setup
I lowered mine with springs around 21k not coilovers. I don't think it's your coil overs but bushings...I have yet to spray it with lubricant to see if it stops. I'll ask dealer on next service to see if they can stop it. I am thinking lower ride causing bushings to be flexed. It's either that or a poor install...only hearing it on driver side front only.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:38 AM

06 CTT-S
^^ i don't know if its just on the driver side.. maybe it is.. i'm thinking, with us three users here replying on this thread, didn't we just had bad luck on the install? are there any other 'special' bushings to use? or just OEM? not sure if the dealer would fix this under warranty.. anyways, please keep us posted.. thanks
Old 05-14-2013, 12:49 AM

2010 C63 P31 AMG
^^ i don't know if its just on the driver side.. maybe it is.. i'm thinking, with us three users here replying on this thread, didn't we just had bad luck on the install? are there any other 'special' bushings to use? or just OEM? not sure if the dealer would fix this under warranty.. anyways, please keep us posted.. thanks
Will do....at this point I've driven with for half a year and all is well...might just need some wd40.... I'll repost when and if they find something
Old 09-02-2014, 12:07 AM

12 C63 Coupe
Just discovered i have the same exact problem is it the bushing that needs to be lubricated?