C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

oCarbon.com - looking for a few members to help us develop carbon fiber interior trim

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 12:30 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLI
Originally Posted by JRSJR65
Not so sure LOL pretty contrasting color scheme. May make it difficult to sell car later! I will start taking car apart this week and try and get you pieces sent out next week sometime.
Yea, I tend to not recommend the yellow unless you've got a yellow car or you're only doing it on smaller pieces to accent other yellow bits in the interior (yellow stitching, for example).

Originally Posted by farhadahmad
really nice! u should think about doing Carbon Fiber steering wheel
We can. They tend to get pretty expensive though.

Originally Posted by plague
Matt redid my b6 s4 trim a few years back. My experience-

Took much longer than I was informed it would take honestly. Received my trim pieces back with cracks in the cclearcot and several very prominent imperfections, and some trim pieces had the news paper used to wrap them adhered to the clearcoat finish... Had then to have them redone. The process was easily 4 months between my trim being done 2 times.

Would I use ocarbon again however?? Absolutely.

My FINAL end product was beautiful. Perfectly done. A very high gloss smooth sheen finish over a quality carbon fiber. All pieces mounted back in and looked great in my s4. There were issues yes, but climate may have had an impact on the issues I dealt with. At the end of the day matt fixed everything and I had trim that really looked excellent. I will be honest, I became very frustrated in the several months without any trim but at the end of the day I was very happy. Matt is prompt on his communication too and that always helps as there is nothing worse than a business with bad customer service that leaves you hanging. I hope any volunteers like their trim, im sure they will. Matts work is flawless IMO.. Muuuchhhhh cheaper than buying some OEM cf trim if cf is your thing and looks just as good. Many guys over on audizine would speak highly of matt and ocarbon....

Good to see ocarbon on a mercedes forum!
How long ago was this experience? We haven't used newspaper to wrap trim for several years, so if I had to guess, your delays were probably happening at a time when we were still going through the growing pains of a small business. Our wait times have improved greatly as we've upgraded manufacturing equipment and hired additional employees.

That being said, I REFUSE to have customers upset with quality. If pieces arrive damaged or don't fit, or whatever, we fix them, no questions asked. I'd much rather have customers be upset that pieces took a little bit longer than anticipated (which I'll be honest, happens from time to time) than have them be upset with quality. I firmly believe our pieces are some of the nicest in the industry. Sometimes that quality takes some extra effort, but we always follow through and the customers are always happy with the end result.

Shoot me an email if you want a set. I'd be willing to give you an extra discount if you're interested.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:52 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

GLI
We got our first two sets of W204 cores in and will get started on them today. One is a full set of sedan interior trim, and the second is just the center console for a a C63 owner who already has the OEM carbon. I'll post pics as we make progress on these sets:

Old 06-30-2013, 05:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG, Range Rover Sport, BMW M3 vert
I'm local in Scottsdale, do you still need "donors"? Because I'm local you could do all the photography you needed of the finished product...
Old 07-01-2013, 12:16 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

GLI
Originally Posted by tzscottsdale
I'm local in Scottsdale, do you still need "donors"? Because I'm local you could do all the photography you needed of the finished product...
We do. Shoot me an email with your info and I'll get you a quote. We could do the removal for you.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:40 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

GLI
Made some progress this week. This set was done in a custom 4x4 twill fabric.

Aluminum stripped, with one coat of bonding epoxy to affix the fabric:

Fabric is laid on:

A little bit of of effort and the extra fabric is trimmed and the pieces are cleaned up:

Last edited by oCarbon; 07-05-2013 at 12:52 PM.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:59 PM
Out Of Control!

Matt redid my b6 s4 trim a few years back. My experience-

Received my trim pieces back with cracks in the cclearcot and several very prominent imperfections, and some trim pieces had the news paper used to wrap them adhered to the clearcoat finish... Had then to have them redone. The process was easily 4 months between my trim being done 2 times.
Matts work is flawless IMO..
Your story is contradicting.
Old 07-05-2013, 01:05 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

GLI
Originally Posted by JamE55
Your story is contradicting.
It isn't contradicting. His first set had some issues, it was redone and came out flawless.

I believe he ordered in 2009, which was when we were transitioning into a new facility. The air lines in our new shop were installed improperly, which allowed moisture into some of the sets we clearcoated. All of the sets that had issues were redone or replaced, no questions asked.
Old 07-05-2013, 01:10 PM
Out Of Control!

Thanks for clarifying.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:44 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

GLI
Some progress on the W204 sets. These pieces will be trimmed and sanded smooth after the epoxy cures, and then they'll be off to clearcoat.

The C63 AMG center console area:

Custom weave C300 interior trim set:

Old 07-10-2013, 11:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
email sent
Old 07-23-2013, 04:08 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

GLI
Couple teaser pics. I'll have some more of the full set in the next few days.

Old 07-24-2013, 04:12 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

GLI
Few more pics of all the W204 pieces. We just need to let these cure a little bit more and they'll be done. There are a few specs of dust in the clear, but those will polish out very easily for a mirror finish.

Won't be much longer before we can get them installed and get some installed pictures.

Old 07-31-2013, 05:33 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

GLI
The C63 center console set is almost done. Everything is turning out great. These pieces will get polished up and reassembled in the next few days.

Old 07-31-2013, 06:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
507 SEDAN
I just ordered a 507 edition and did not choose the CF option. But the more I see it, the more I keep feeling that I made a mistake. The option(H73) from the factory is just shy of $3K. What kind of pricing is being offered, as I would be up for helping out. Not sure if you have received any 2014, or face-lift W204's?

Thought I would spell it out here, in case anyone has the same feelings or regrets. I will shoot you an email to discuss particulars.
Old 07-31-2013, 06:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by jordanaf
I just ordered a 507 edition and did not choose the CF option. But the more I see it, the more I keep feeling that I made a mistake. The option(H73) from the factory is just shy of $3K. What kind of pricing is being offered, as I would be up for helping out. Not sure if you have received any 2014, or face-lift W204's?

Thought I would spell it out here, in case anyone has the same feelings or regrets. I will shoot you an email to discuss particulars.
Jordan, I am so so glad I got the CF on the car from the factory.

there is a but though....

BUT

The amount for the factory pieces is too much. For the same price or less (its actually less by a good amount) you can get all the parts they give you from the factory, plus the entire center console (which is what I am having done now to complete the look, those are my parts above) for less.

Taking the parts off and putting them on is also dead simple so no real labor costs if you do it yourself.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
507 SEDAN
Originally Posted by SaphGreyC63
Jordan, I am so so glad I got the CF on the car from the factory.
Damn!!! I am feeling the mistake now even more. Your words are like little knives telling me that I made the wrong choice. My option is not changeable, due to the fact that my car is due for delivery in the next few weeks or so.

Matt, help!!
Old 07-31-2013, 07:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by jordanaf
Damn!!! I am feeling the mistake now even more. Your words are like little knives telling me that I made the wrong choice. My option is not changeable, due to the fact that my car is due for delivery in the next few weeks or so.

Matt, help!!
Again, looking back on it, I'd say you made the RIGHT choice. Just get a full aftermarket kit from a carbon company, such as OCarbon or MACarbon (dealt with both now and both are good companies to work with) and it will be cheaper for you than going the factory route and you get more CF pieces in the interior.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
I agree with Saph, Jordan don't get the CF option from the factory, way overpriced!

I got my set from Matt, awesome quality with OEM parts so perfect fitment. I'm sure Ocarbon is doing a great product as well .. I was just not ready to be out of door trims for few weeks-month.
Old 08-13-2013, 05:20 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

GLI
Few more pictures of the center console pieces buttoned up. Hopefully I'll have some installed pictures of both sets soon.

Old 08-30-2013, 01:53 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

GLI
A couple installed pictures of the center console trim that matches the OEM AMG carbon. Turned out awesome.

Old 08-30-2013, 01:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C63 AMG Sedan
Glad everything came out so good, that's my car above. I will be writing a full detailed review soon for anyone that's interested.
Old 08-31-2013, 04:05 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
'16 CLS 63 S
Looks great Saph. If I was back in the states I would be seriously tempted. I didn't get the OEM Carbon Fiber either, but plan on getting aftermarket parts in a couple years. Keep us all up on how the pieces fare with age.
Old 11-09-2013, 06:34 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

GLI
Still looking for some W204 owners who'd like to have discounted set of carbon fiber interior trim made. Email me at matt@ocarbon.com if you have any questions or if you'd like to setup an order.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:02 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R8, C63, C300
Has a price been mentioned yet?
Old 11-09-2013, 07:07 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

GLI
Originally Posted by black lavender
Has a price been mentioned yet?
Price is going to depend on which W204 you've got. There are a few different ones, some with a dash, some without, some with center consoles, some without.

Its best if you email me with what you've got, how many pieces total, so I can get you a quote.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: oCarbon.com - looking for a few members to help us develop carbon fiber interior trim