Sponsored by:

Quaife LSD

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
Quaife LSD

Hi to everyone! This my first post in this MB Community and I hope I will meet a lot of people here to share our experience with MB cars.
Now to the topic. I know Quaife LDS's have been discussed a lot of times and in great detail but I could not find any particular answer to my question. Currently I am driving 2009 C63 AMG imported from Canada (I live in Europe) and finally decided to go for maybe the most important upgrade for the C63 , the LSD. After much reading I have chosen Quaife as many of you have shared positive experience after this upgrade. So I got in touch with BirdsAuto in UK and asked for the popular choice of Quaife QDF9V. I was told from there that this LSD had been dropped of sale and replaced by QDF27B. We tried to check by using VIN number but apparently it seems that US/Canada cars have different part number on their final drive housings and it cannot be confirmed by Mercedes EPC that the intetnals are the same.
My question is if any of you that drive US cars have installed this newer type of Quaife LSD on C63 and did you come across any difficulties during the install.
I hope this topic will be usefull to many of us who plan for this upgrade.
Thanks
Old 06-07-2013, 11:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 127 Likes on 76 Posts
AMG GTBS, AMG GTR Pro, AMG GT, C63 AMG, Porsche Panamera 4S, RX-7 FC Turbo II
Welcome -- I have a 9V. I didn't see the QDF27B on Quaife's application page for C63s. This has come up in the past:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...d-c63-amg.html
Old 06-08-2013, 02:20 AM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Case1906
Welcome -- I have a 9V. I didn't see the QDF27B on Quaife's application page for C63s. This has come up in the past:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...d-c63-amg.html
Hi,
I came across this particular topic but there is no definite answer in it so hoped someone has installed 27B since then. Apparently this UK based company called Birds Auto does the design and development for BMW and MB Quaife LSD's and Quaife is just the manufacturer. Thefefore I think that Quaife have not updated the info on their web page as it still statest the 9V. Their only concern is that my final drive housing appears to have different part number than the UK cars that they have seen. I think I will take the gamble and purchase it anyway. They also say that if the 9V fits I should have no trouble fitting the 27 B. Once installed I will write back to confirm that it fits or not.
Old 06-09-2013, 03:52 AM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
C63
I too have a 9V, to be specific, the box said 9V1.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:33 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

SL 55AMG
Official Quaife Website

Originally Posted by 1Lop2K5C
I too have a 9V, to be specific, the box said 9V1.
I think there is some confusion about where Quaife's data is held.
I think you are looking at quaifelsd.com, which is an out of date applications page, listing 14 different Mercedes Quaife LSDs.
If you go to Quaife's website here
http://www.quaife.co.uk/shop/search/...taxonomy%3A267
You will see the entire applications list, around 90 different applications.

Hope this helps.
Kevin.