Problem with mbhmotorspots and tune from EvoTech

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 05:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts
Hyperion's Candy-Coated 4 x 4
Originally Posted by NellyRod
OP, are you really a MB service tech? Something here doesn't add up.

Old 06-12-2013, 05:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C63 AMG BS, 2010 DUCATI 1198S
Originally Posted by Pertplus
So the proof is in the pudding. Lol. Wow, an MB tech. Now it really seems like OP is just trying to get someone else to pay for his new tune for unjustifiable reasons.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by NellyRod
So the proof is in the pudding. Lol. Wow, an MB tech. Now it really seems like OP is just trying to get someone else to pay for his new tune for unjustifiable reasons.
And he had a similar type of Evosport rant and then it got "resolved" after he took it to the forums.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...y-quality.html
Old 06-12-2013, 05:59 PM

Forums are a great way to warn other members about shady companies. I don't think we'll actually see the entire picture with all relevant facts regarding this specific case. From what is being presented, the OP has not provided anything solid to back up his claims. Like another member stated, if you want any type of a guarantee from a company, get it in writing or email before conducting business. Don't be careless with your money and expect someone else to bite the bullet.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:24 PM

CLK63 Black Series
Funny that a MB tech would even need to ask someone if their car would pass emissions with long tubes and a tune. I certainly wouldn't want him working on my car.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by PaulWdz
Funny that a MB tech would even need to ask someone if their car would pass emissions with long tubes and a tune. I certainly wouldn't want him working on my car.
Ding ding ding!
Old 06-12-2013, 07:39 PM

All I am a tech for mb... ken from evotech asked for skme print outs which i all ready looked at the values for ft and rear o2 sensor and they were in specified range... mind you guys this is three weeks before my birthday which is the last day u can have emi submitted... ken from ecotech said my best bet for the time frame i had was install stock exhaust program m.e. back to stock drive till all readiness passes and then installed headers again sendout ecu and burn in his tune agsin. To me that spoke volumes to me that this guy doesnt know s#%t. So i went to another benz dealer with renntech / kleeman approved service station. Talked tothe foreman and was told he could fix it with adifferent file and two day larer called me and said emi done come get yoyr ride. It was that easy for him. If you know what u r doing anyways. So my point here was to steer folks away from buying any tunes feon mbh motorsports. Headers look awesome.. i guess im the f#%king rerard for trusting people these days. I cant tell you how many times i asked if my **** would be good to go. He didnt want talk about it just keep saying everything will be fine. I make okay money as a tech obviously bht i dont lile pissing away 1500$ because of lies. Thanks for all your imput guys. Again headers yes tunes from him f#%k no. Go with kleeman or renntech and specify no cats and emi state you live in.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:17 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 91 Likes on 46 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
Originally Posted by blackdeathc63
All I am a tech for mb... ken from evotech asked for skme print outs which i all ready looked at the values for ft and rear o2 sensor and they were in specified range... mind you guys this is three weeks before my birthday which is the last day u can have emi submitted... ken from ecotech said my best bet for the time frame i had was install stock exhaust program m.e. back to stock drive till all readiness passes and then installed headers again sendout ecu and burn in his tune agsin. To me that spoke volumes to me that this guy doesnt know s#%t. So i went to another benz dealer with renntech / kleeman approved service station. Talked tothe foreman and was told he could fix it with adifferent file and two day larer called me and said emi done come get yoyr ride. It was that easy for him. If you know what u r doing anyways. So my point here was to steer folks away from buying any tunes feon mbh motorsports. Headers look awesome.. i guess im the f#%king rerard for trusting people these days. I cant tell you how many times i asked if my **** would be good to go. He didnt want talk about it just keep saying everything will be fine. I make okay money as a tech obviously bht i dont lile pissing away 1500$ because of lies. Thanks for all your imput guys. Again headers yes tunes from him f#%k no. Go with kleeman or renntech and specify no cats and emi state you live in.
True, Evotech did say as one of your options would be to return it to stock and flash the car with the Xentry tool back to stock. Since you are a dealer. Then they would re-flash the car. However this was just about the LAST option presented to you by Evotech with many options in front of that.

I did say I will do everything in my power to try and help you out. Unfortunately no info or data was ever given to us to show that Evotech's flash had caused the issue. Now it's not clear if just resetting the codes or adaptations from the new flash fixed the issue. Or something else was repaired that we didnt know about, or you maybe got the insider hook up on an emissions test. Fact is Evotech and myself will never know this, because you didn't give us anything to see what is causing the issue. All you gave us was a demand to give you money along with a threat to take it to MBworld, if we didn't.

Evotech has been tuning for decades. Ken worked for many years at Renntech. He is very good at what he does. Lee's car is the only one I've heard to date that has had an issue with this combo. Now it can't be proven for or against, since the file does not exist anymore.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:26 PM

Im done Mike! You f#%ked me and you win enjoy...
Old 06-12-2013, 10:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
Watch out for the door Mr. MB Tech.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:48 PM

CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by MBH motorsports
True, Evotech did say as one of your options would be to return it to stock and flash the car with the Xentry tool back to stock. Since you are a dealer. Then they would re-flash the car. However this was just about the LAST option presented to you by Evotech with many options in front of that.

I did say I will do everything in my power to try and help you out. Unfortunately no info or data was ever given to us to show that Evotech's flash had caused the issue. Now it's not clear if just resetting the codes or adaptations from the new flash fixed the issue. Or something else was repaired that we didnt know about, or you maybe got the insider hook up on an emissions test. Fact is Evotech and myself will never know this, because you didn't give us anything to see what is causing the issue. All you gave us was a demand to give you money along with a threat to take it to MBworld, if we didn't.

Evotech has been tuning for decades. Ken worked for many years at Renntech. He is very good at what he does. Lee's car is the only one I've heard to date that has had an issue with this combo. Now it can't be proven for or against, since the file does not exist anymore.
It appears to me his threat to "take it to MBWorld" backfired in his face. Imagine that...someone trying to trash a well respected tuners name on the internet while only giving half the story

OP - Why didn't you send them the files they requested so they could try and help you out ? And furthermore, did you really think you would pass emissions with long tubes ??
Old 06-12-2013, 10:52 PM

The jury rules in favor of the defendant. Court is adjourned!
Old 06-12-2013, 11:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I do have a question that no one seems to be able to tell me. Is there a header and tune combo that will pass OBDII emissions provided that primary cats will be installed?
Old 06-13-2013, 12:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Maybe there was a miscommunication. Clearly English is not your first, second or even thirteenth language based on your posts. Have you tried using any of the money you have left to invest in spell check? A dictionary? Maybe even a thesaurus?

Last edited by Pertplus; 06-13-2013 at 12:56 AM.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Sincity
I do have a question that no one seems to be able to tell me. Is there a header and tune combo that will pass OBDII emissions provided that primary cats will be installed?
The only way one's car might not pass an emissions test in the scenario you describe would be by failing the visual. OBDII (sensor or tailpipe) should be no problem.

Last edited by bhamg; 06-13-2013 at 03:26 AM. Reason: lack of clarity
Old 06-13-2013, 12:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
'10 C63
so basically... the op had a problem with something he purchased 6 months ago... they offered to correct it but needed to verify the problem and also gave him options of what to do in the mean time... the op felt he didn't have that kind of time so he took the matter into his own hands and had it taken care of somewhere else... and then hands the bill over to them and expects them to pay for it...

usually when you have a problem with a company... the reasonable thing to do is you give them a chance to rectify it...
Old 06-13-2013, 01:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by Sincity
Lots of cars can pass with headers and tune just so long as all sensors are positioned correctly and the senors are being read properly. My CLK passed a couple years ago when it was NA with LT's, primary cat delete and a tune....not sure how but it did LOL. IL does not do a sniffer test or a visual, they just pluged me in the OBDII port and I passed.
Old 06-13-2013, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
'10 C63
Originally Posted by jrcart
Lots of cars can pass with headers and tune just so long as all sensors are positioned correctly and the senors are being read properly. My CLK passed a couple years ago when it was NA with LT's, primary cat delete and a tune....not sure how but it did LOL. IL does not do a sniffer test or a visual, they just pluged me in the OBDII port and I passed.
not to go too far off topic... was your cel not on? wondering how your sensors were positioned to make things work

Last edited by bluejae; 06-13-2013 at 05:34 PM.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by jrcart
Trying to remember the history of your build and so much has changed over the years. Which headers and tune were you running back then? Looks like NV and IL use the same emissions procedure.