C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Group Buy! Eurocharged handheld and tune $850 shipped!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 02:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
Originally Posted by Sidv22
send serial number and get a config file. use config file to update mygenius. connect OBD port and download *.fpf file. send file to EU and get V4 file in return. tune ur car with that file
did you upload the tune to your car yet?
Old 06-21-2013, 09:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63 AMG, 2013 B250
Originally Posted by c63addix
Steps that I've done:

1- updated MyGenius client
2- Plug MyGenius to car
3- key in position 2
4- WORK > Identify
5- wait for bar to finish
6- key back to position 1
7- finish process
8- Unplug MyGenius from car
9- Open MyGenius client again
10- Click "Download from MyGenius"
11- save the file to desktop
12- my name was automatically named "MYGfile.fpf"
13- Then took a screen shot of "MyGenius Info" screen with all the serial numbers
14- Sent to Eurocharged thru Email

I hope these steps are correct..
That is what I did last night and got the same 'MYGFile.fpf' file... sent to Eurocharged last night and waiting for the v4 tune file to come back. Hopefully asap today.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:34 AM

2014 C63 507 Coupe
Originally Posted by Vise_
That is what I did last night and got the same 'MYGFile.fpf' file... sent to Eurocharged last night and waiting for the v4 tune file to come back. Hopefully asap today.
I'm at the same stage as you. Can't wait to get the tune file back to try it out.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:10 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Audi A5 6MT, C63 AMG
Originally Posted by m a x i m u s
did you upload the tune to your car yet?
yes. I managed to upload the tune after which the handheld said "tune uploaded successfully". Coming back to the tune, I drove only about 20 miles in city traffic so I have not been able to check the tune as such. she definitely pulls harder now even in comfort mode and shifting seems to be a tad quicker. i would say the improvement in performance would be around 10-15% although its just initial observation. I haven't seen any increase in exhaust note sound yet. i was hoping that the tune will get rid of the lag which is predominant while stepping on the gas at 0 mph, but it hasn't.
i hope to put some miles today and i will come to this post to input more observations.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:30 PM

'09 CC, '12 C63C
What about S or S+ mode?

Originally Posted by Sidv22
yes. I managed to upload the tune after which the handheld said "tune uploaded successfully". Coming back to the tune, I drove only about 20 miles in city traffic so I have not been able to check the tune as such. she definitely pulls harder now even in comfort mode and shifting seems to be a tad quicker. i would say the improvement in performance would be around 10-15% although its just initial observation. I haven't seen any increase in exhaust note sound yet. i was hoping that the tune will get rid of the lag which is predominant while stepping on the gas at 0 mph, but it hasn't.
i hope to put some miles today and i will come to this post to input more observations.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:57 PM

Audi A5 6MT, C63 AMG
Glad to hear you're up and running. I'm having a hard time updating the client and the device. When I try to update the client, it says "no update available". When I try to update the device, i keep getting a "this device is not configured" error at reboot phase. Did you have these issues or was it a pretty smooth update process for you?
when it says "this device is not configured", does it also display some kind of number? have you sent any number to eurocharged already? with that number, you will receive a config file which you will use to update the Mygenius.
let me know if you have any questions.
the process as such, was not very smooth for me. I tried to look for exact images in the pdf instruction file and my process varied a bit. delay and lack of detailed instructions from eurocharged added to my panic state a bit.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:09 PM

Audi A5 6MT, C63 AMG
are you using windows PC? maybe try and re-install windows mygenius client. Update the client 3 times and then connect mygenius handheld. from top of the menu, choose the fpf file and update the handheld. then you are set to take it to your car.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:18 PM

Audi A5 6MT, C63 AMG
you have to browse and choose the fpf file.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:20 PM

2013 C63 AMG, 2013 B250
Got my tune loaded to the car just now. Went for a 30min drive around the city and must say I'm very impressed so far. It pulls like mad, especially in 2nd/3rd gears... I would say there is a slight improvement in exhaust sound when revving too but not at startup. No highway time yet but soon enough. I was mostly in M mode as well but did a a few minutes in C and it definitely picks up quicker.

Look forward to putting it through its paces on the highway tomorrow...
Old 06-21-2013, 03:21 PM

Audi A5 6MT, C63 AMG
btw, initially i tried using my mac with parallels and was having a hard time. so i used a pc instead.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:24 PM

'09 CC, '12 C63C
I think you might have better chance running Bootcamp with Windows on the Mac, which is what I will be doing next week when the programmer arrives.

im using parallels on my mac, which runs windows. maybe i will try reinstalling the client, bc i didnt notice any "fpf" on the top menu ...
Old 06-22-2013, 12:26 AM

2011 C63 Calcite White
I'd just like to thank Eurocharged for the awesome customer service and efficiency I sent them my ID before going to sleep last night. They sent me the V4tune as soon as they opened business this morning, which is like Vancouver time 6:30am here.

The car still drives like a C63, but like a full grown beast now Feels like a lot more flow are coming out of the exhaust now. Louder and deeper for sure! Acceleration is so much more responsive now, gotta feather the pedal even on comfort mode. S mode WOT actually feels like the seats pulling you back now

This is an amazing tune, definitely worth every $ Alright, time for me to go out to the highway again Now the car's become an "addix-tion"
Old 06-22-2013, 10:12 AM

2010 C63 AMG
Couldn't pass up this deal this time around. Can't wait to get mine!
Old 06-24-2013, 12:03 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by c63addix
I'd just like to thank Eurocharged for the awesome customer service and efficiency I sent them my ID before going to sleep last night. They sent me the V4tune as soon as they opened business this morning, which is like Vancouver time 6:30am here.

The car still drives like a C63, but like a full grown beast now Feels like a lot more flow are coming out of the exhaust now. Louder and deeper for sure! Acceleration is so much more responsive now, gotta feather the pedal even on comfort mode. S mode WOT actually feels like the seats pulling you back now

This is an amazing tune, definitely worth every $ Alright, time for me to go out to the highway again Now the car's become an "addix-tion"
glad to hear!!!
Old 06-24-2013, 08:04 PM

2011 Polar White C63 AMG
Awaiting my v4 tune email! Adam and phil are patient and helpful btw. People with questions dont hesitate to just call them like i did.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:06 PM

'09 CC, '12 C63C
Waiting for mine too

Is the fpf file supposed to be small around 7kB?

Originally Posted by plague
Awaiting my v4 tune email! Adam and phil are patient and helpful btw. People with questions dont hesitate to just call them like i did.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:40 PM

2011 Polar White C63 AMG
Originally Posted by go.mouse
Waiting for mine too

Yes I believe mine was slightly under 7 yup. You cant open the file on your computer without their program either so thats normal btw. Im sure we'll have our tune early tomorrow morning.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:19 PM

Audi A5 6MT, C63 AMG
Originally Posted by go.mouse
Waiting for mine too

Yup. It was around 7 kb
Old 06-25-2013, 10:55 AM

2011 Polar White C63 AMG
My genius would not communicate with my car properly. Could get to the final step of writting the tune file and flashing the car and it would not begin or show any progress. Car is out of comission at the moment as recovery mode will not process either. Waiting for dimsport to reviews my files and get back to us
Old 06-25-2013, 11:18 AM

'09 CC, '12 C63C
Darn, that worries me.

I'm still waiting for my tune file...

My genius would not communicate with my car properly. Could get to the final step of writting the tune file and flashing the car and it would not begin or show any progress. Car is out of comission at the moment as recovery mode will not process either. Waiting for dimsport to reviews my files and get back to us
Old 06-25-2013, 11:32 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2000 E55
I agree with others that the instructions on the whole process aren't very clear but the support from the guys at EC is quite good. Having said that, when you turn your key as the mygenius instructs are you turning it to the #2 position (the dash light go on and the needles work) ? I didnt do that the first time around (turned to #1 positions) and my "programming ECU" part hung and it did nothing. I had to unplug (which scared me) and redo it.

Hope that helps!
Old 06-25-2013, 02:35 PM

'09 CC, '12 C63C
Finally ECU writing completed Gonna test it out after work.

Old 06-25-2013, 05:12 PM

2011 Polar White C63 AMG
Originally Posted by LIC63AMG
I agree with others that the instructions on the whole process aren't very clear but the support from the guys at EC is quite good. Having said that, when you turn your key as the mygenius instructs are you turning it to the #2 position (the dash light go on and the needles work) ? I didnt do that the first time around (turned to #1 positions) and my "programming ECU" part hung and it did nothing. I had to unplug (which scared me) and redo it.

Hope that helps!
Yes I had it the dash all on. Even ran through process with them over phone to see if I was missing anything. Have spent my entire day trying to get it to work.. cannot get past writting preperation screen. Thinking I have an ecu that isnt flashable by a mygenius at this point.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:15 PM

'09 CC, '12 C63C
Is your battery voltage level high enough? When I woke up early morning my dash cameras have drained the battery pretty low. It would not flash.

After driving 30km and kept the battery connected to a trickle charger, it was able to complete the flash.

Yes I had it the dash all on. Even ran through process with them over phone to see if I was missing anything. Have spent my entire day trying to get it to work.. cannot get past writting preperation screen. Thinking I have an ecu that isnt flashable by a mygenius at this point.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:13 PM

C63 AMG
big thanks to Adam and the EC crew for a great tune. Car ('09 stock) is noticeably more aggressive from a stop without being jerky, and more of a beast than I thought possible. The exhaust note for me is noticeably deeper, and comes off as quieter at idle because of the lower tone...but step on that pedal and it screams!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Group Buy! Eurocharged handheld and tune $850 shipped!