C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Brake Rotor options for Black Series?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 11:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 GLC63s
Brake Rotor options for Black Series?

So a few months ago I was looking around for alternatives to the stock brake rotors...the only option that I could find was Evosport, but they proved unreliable in terms of responding to my emails or returning my phone calls, so I gave up.

I also know one of the members on here recently did the ceramics, but I'm looking for more of just a direct rotor replacement for the stocks, whether just the rings that would work with the oem hats, or 2 piece rotors. Does anyone know of any options out there for the c63 Black?
Old 06-14-2013, 06:33 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
07 RS4 sold, R53 Cooper S, 2008 Cayman S, 2012 GTR
We have slotted 2pc fronts in stock, they are currently not zinc coated as we have a few customers who only use it for track proposes only and didn't feel the need to spend extra $ for the zinc coating.. but if you would like a set zinc'ed not a problem just will take a week.
Old 06-14-2013, 06:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
i drive them all, fast and hard
leave well enough alone....theres probably no rotor out there tested as well as amg tested what they put on your car
Old 06-14-2013, 06:59 PM

2019 GLC63s
Originally Posted by vdubpower
leave well enough alone....theres probably no rotor out there tested as well as amg tested what they put on your car
That's exactly what my mercedes service manager told me about the brake pads... Then the pads melted within two track days. I switched to endless mx72 and voila, no melting after 2 days anymore.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:12 PM
Banned

These Rotors have been constantly abuse on a SLS that Exotics Racing uses at there school.

Price also is very reasonable at $1750 for the pair.

Designed as a direct brake rotor replacement for the OE 390mm 2-piece front brake rotors (no modifications are necessary), and work with the factory AMG brake calipers. The GiroDisc rotors offer a significant improvement in cooling and brake performance over factory brake rotors- over 50% more air for improved cooling and reduced brake fade on street or track. In addition, not only will the upgraded "floating" rotor design help mitigate brake fade, but they are lighter than stock and reduce unsprung weight on the front axle. This means better acceleration, braking and cornering.

To minimize casting requirements, the stock OE rotors are designed to be used on either Left or Right side (single part number) utilizing an inferior pillard vent design. This does not allow for the most efficient flow of air. The GiroDisc rotors have a specific Left and Right application to allow correct and proper venting and the most efficient channeling of air.

The GiroDisc rotors provide a much great ROI and lower cost of ownership by allowing you to replace just the outer ring of your rotor during brake replacement (few hundred dollars). The stock OE rotors require you purchase the entire rotor assembly, and often times they can only be purchased in pairs (several thousands of dollars).

The hats on the GiroDisc rotors are made of lightweight aircraft-grade aluminum. Engineered directional vents on each hat dramatically optimizes cooling and further improves airflow.

Drive pin washers made of strong Inconel (used in military, aircraft engines and racing applications) are practically impervious to oxidation or corrosion. Curved design on the drive pin washer add additional tension to the assembly thus reducing rattle.

Rotors are 100% made in the USA.

Benefits:

- Direct bolt-on design requires no modification
- Works with OE AMG calipers
- Lightweight design (10-lbs unsprung weight savings over stock on front axle)
- 7075 aluminum hat, hard anodized
- Directional vents on hats further improve cooling and airflow
- Inconel drive pin washers
- Better value and cost of ownership over OE
- Unique Left/Right application for proper venting/airflow (unlike OE)
- Replaceable discs and hardware
- Better heat dissipation and less brake fade
- Improved acceleration, braking and cornering with less unsprung weight!
Old 06-14-2013, 07:13 PM
Banned

We have two sets that can be shipped immediately, with a new more Hats and rotors that just need to be assembled.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:26 PM
Banned

We also have the Endless MX72 and ME20's pads in stock.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:45 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by James@ACGAutomotive
We also have the Endless MX72 and ME20's pads in stock.
Ill be the first to warn the OP Girodisc are liars !!! The front brakes are almost 13 pounds lighter EACH in the front not 10 ! I recently bought these for my 2012 c63 coupe to replace the stock anchors after taking them off and measuring before and after the fronts were 13 lighter each and the rears over 6 pounds lighter each. WOW ! You can feel a night and day difference in the way the car drives the acceleration is def improved and it feels more eager to rip thru the gear nothing drastic but if you are in tune with your car its undeniable there is an improvement. The stopping power is also great i combined mine with Girodisc S/S pads that are their high performance 'Street/Strip' pads that dust a bit more than ceramic pads but about the same as OEM pads but with much greater stopping power.
My biggest surprise was the handling of the car it gave me a feeling of better agility/"precision" since your are taking over 25 pounds of rotational mass off the front alone.

Go for it ! ACG are also great to deal with i bought my forgestar cf10's thru them and didnt run into any of the forgestar waiting nightmare. Seamless

Also Girodisc used to make the rotors for evosport
Old 06-17-2013, 01:34 PM

2010 C63 AMG
Let me back up the claims that the Girodisc rotors are the way to go. DO NOT get sucked into buying drilled & slotted rotors... just get the slots.

If you have any question as to the ferocity of the braking ability of these rotors... just watch my YouTube video from Daytona where my repeated brake application using the Girodisc supplied Street/Track pads gave us massive braking capability and still lasted thousands of miles of street use.

If you could ever need anything more aggressive then use the Girodisc Rotors and the Hawk 63 pads.

Old 07-24-2013, 05:53 PM

2019 GLC63s
Bumping this in an attempt to get ACG to actually respond to me. Left a message for James as well as emailed and PM'ed...also called the NY salesman today and left the same message for him.