Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C63 or Infiniti FX50S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 03:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 793 Likes on 545 Posts
W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
Originally Posted by emericr
You answered your own question.
If it is not a stupid financial choice, i.e. you can afford it, then your heart should win the battle otherwise every time you see a C63 in your FX, you will think "Damn, I could be driving this car"
Er - not quite. My heart says buy an Ariel Atom, but the weather, practicality and my wife say otherwise. You either need one of each (and personally, I would take a Land Rover over an Infinity any day, but that's just me), or the best compromise between the two, which in his case is an Audi RS4 estate.

Just thought I'd throw a bit of gasoline on the flame.
Old 06-25-2013, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toyota
Originally Posted by emericr
You answered your own question.
If it is not a stupid financial choice, i.e. you can afford it, then your heart should win the battle otherwise every time you see a C63 in your FX, you will think "Damn, I could be driving this car"
LOL! If money was no object, I would buy both with a blink of an eye!
Funny when you said "Damn, I could be driving this car..", because everytime I see one, I said that to myself!
I had initially put deposit down for one 2 years ago, but due to an investment opportunity, cancelled it and took the lower model range C250CDI Diesel instead.
I think part of the reason why I want to drive the FX is its completely different, nothing else like that in the UK!
If I go for C63, I am just driving the same car what I've got now, but obviously with twice the horses under the bonnet.
Decision wise, 50/50 atm Will know more after test drive.
Old 06-25-2013, 04:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toyota
Originally Posted by Diabolis
Er - not quite. My heart says buy an Ariel Atom, but the weather, practicality and my wife say otherwise. You either need one of each (and personally, I would take a Land Rover over an Infinity any day, but that's just me), or the best compromise between the two, which in his case is an Audi RS4 estate.

Just thought I'd throw a bit of gasoline on the flame.
Did I just hear someone say Ariel Atom?

Here's mine, LOL

Old 06-25-2013, 04:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 793 Likes on 545 Posts
W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
Originally Posted by kinaero
Did I just hear someone say Ariel Atom?

Here's mine, LOL

Young man - you actually own one of these?

In that case, go with the SUV. As much as I love the C63, it feels absolutely pedestrian compared to this thing (I had the pleasure of driving one for a few laps at a local track). Get the Infinity (it's the more sensible choice) and get as much track time as you can in the Atom!
Old 06-26-2013, 09:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 Mini Cooper S Clubman ALL4 - British Racing Green
Okay, you have an Atom, the choice is clear from a sensible mind... Go with the Infiniti.

I owned one (I also owned its baby brother, the EX, not as fun to drive), and I own a C63.

I will say this, the older FX's were alot of fun to drive, considering its a 4500 pound monster. I had the 35, I cannot imagine ho much fun the 50 would have been in the snow.. yes I like to do donuts in the snow.. even in my C63

The newer Infinitis however just don't have the same feel and sound as the pre 2010 models did. I have a friend who works (Sales manager) for Infiniti, around 2010, Nissan (the parent company), started tuning and gearing the cars for fuel economy over performance. This sucked, the newer models did not have the awesome deep throaty growl (from a V6 no less), and they always seemed to be in the wrong gear, even in sport mode. It was sad, and ultimately the reason my wife dumped her EX for a Jeep Grand Cherokee (okay, having a kid due in 6 months at the time had alot to do with it as we also have giant dogs... not like you can leave the kid at home when you go to the vet, and the EX, as well as the FX lacked the space we needed)