Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Choice between M3 and C63 just got easier

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2013 | 07:10 AM

2014 BMW X1 xDrive35i; 2014 BMW M5 competition
Originally Posted by Swiftler
This is exactly what I'm doing. I think that next year there's going to be a lot of options for us to choose. Exciting times.
That's definitely the rational thing to do. Here's the thing though: I'm sure the new cars coming out in '15 are all going to be awesome; however, it ends up being probably more like two years from now before I'd be willing or able to buy any of them. Let's say the next gen C63 debuts at the NY auto show in April. It won't go into production until July and the first cars wouldn't hit the lots in the US until October 2014 at the earliest. And there's no way I'm buying the first one that rolls off the assembly line without seeing it in person and test driving it firsthand (unlike what some guys are apparently doing with the CLA45 - check out some of the posts on that forum). What looks great on paper sometimes doesn't translate to reality. So I'd want to wait to drive one myself, which takes us into Spring of '15 before I would realistically place an order. Three months build time brings me to July 2015! That's a long time to wait.
Old 07-18-2013 | 07:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A V8
new IS250 F sport looks amazing, as does that coupe.. hopefully it will have a v8!
Old 07-18-2013 | 03:05 PM

2015 Porsche C2S, 2014 ML63 AMG, & 2012 Maserati Quattroporte S
Originally Posted by frcotting
That's definitely the rational thing to do. Here's the thing though: I'm sure the new cars coming out in '15 are all going to be awesome; however, it ends up being probably more like two years from now before I'd be willing or able to buy any of them. Let's say the next gen C63 debuts at the NY auto show in April. It won't go into production until July and the first cars wouldn't hit the lots in the US until October 2014 at the earliest. And there's no way I'm buying the first one that rolls off the assembly line without seeing it in person and test driving it firsthand (unlike what some guys are apparently doing with the CLA45 - check out some of the posts on that forum). What looks great on paper sometimes doesn't translate to reality. So I'd want to wait to drive one myself, which takes us into Spring of '15 before I would realistically place an order. Three months build time brings me to July 2015! That's a long time to wait.

In my position, the right decision for me is to wait. The longer I wait, I can save more $$$. On top of that, more I wait; Iwant to choose the "right" car. I chose the C63 AMG in 2010 at thattime because it was the bang for the buck and it was cheaper than the M3 coupe. WhenI look back now, one of the mistakes I did was not test driving the M3 coupe. So this time I want to test drive all of them(C63C, M4, ISF-C, RS5, and maybe Corvette Stingray) and then decide. For me waitingis an advantage.

Last edited by Swiftler; 07-18-2013 at 03:09 PM.
Old 07-18-2013 | 03:08 PM

Anyone driven Lotus Evora S?

I want to drive the Jaguar F-Type V8s but the price is just, ridiculous! If you add the options, it can go as high as $120K+ CDN. If you drop a little more, that's near Maserati GranTurismo territory. All the reviews I've seen on the F-Type on Youtube, they have nothing bad to say about it. A lot of them loved the exhaust note.

Last edited by Swiftler; 07-18-2013 at 03:17 PM.
Old 07-18-2013 | 04:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
In my position, the right decision for me is to wait. The longer I wait, I can save more $$$. On top of that, more I wait; Iwant to choose the "right" car.
<snip>
Sorry, but I am not sure that I follow your argument here. Every year there is going to be a new car or two on the market, and they are all going to be "improvements" over the competition or their own past designs. If you're dead-set on a C63 (or any other particular make/model), then yeah, waiting an extra year for the new generation to come out makes sense. If on the other hand you're looking at a number of different vehicles, there's always going to be a new car just around the corner from some manufacturer that is better than the competition, so the "right" car is always going to be changing. When I bought my 25quattro B7 S4, it was a "better" car than the then current (E46) M3. The next generation (E9x) M3 was then an improvement over the Audi, and then in 2012 the face-lifted, MCT C63 was for me a better car then either of the others. I completely understand the saving money aspect, but waiting for the "right" car to come along IMHO means you'll be waiting for a long time because new and improved models are always coming out. I am not talking about choosing the right car at any particular moment in time (that is easy), but if you're always waiting for the next best thing to come along, you'll be waiting for ever. Or am I missing something here?
Old 07-18-2013 | 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Diabolis
Sorry, but I am not sure that I follow your argument here. Every year there is going to be a new car or two on the market, and they are all going to be "improvements" over the competition or their own past designs. If you're dead-set on a C63 (or any other particular make/model), then yeah, waiting an extra year for the new generation to come out makes sense. If on the other hand you're looking at a number of different vehicles, there's always going to be a new car just around the corner from some manufacturer that is better than the competition, so the "right" car is always going to be changing. When I bought my 25quattro B7 S4, it was a "better" car than the then current (E46) M3. The next generation (E9x) M3 was then an improvement over the Audi, and then in 2012 the face-lifted, MCT C63 was for me a better car then either of the others. I completely understand the saving money aspect, but waiting for the "right" car to come along IMHO means you'll be waiting for a long time because new and improved models are always coming out. I am not talking about choosing the right car at any particular moment in time (that is easy), but if you're always waiting for the next best thing to come along, you'll be waiting for ever. Or am I missing something here?
I meant choosing the "right" car as in choosing from M4, C63C, ISF-C, and maybe Corvette Stingray. I have more time choosing the "right" car more carefully this time. I chose my 2010 C63 AMG sedan because it was cheaper than the M3 coup. What I should've done is at least test drive the M3 Coupe. I didn't even give it a chance.
Old 07-18-2013 | 05:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
I meant choosing the "right" car as in choosing from M4, C63C, ISF-C, and maybe Corvette Stingray. I have more time choosing the "right" car more carefully this time. I chose my 2010 C63 AMG sedan because it was cheaper than the M3 coup. What I should've done is at least test drive the M3 Coupe. I didn't even give it a chance.
Ah - that makes a lot more sense. I misunderstood your comment and thought your reservations were regarding what may come up in the future, not about comparing models from more manufacturers. That is indeed the way to go.
Old 07-18-2013 | 06:21 PM

c63
Anyone driven Lotus Evora S?

I want to drive the Jaguar F-Type V8s but the price is just, ridiculous! If you add the options, it can go as high as $120K+ CDN. If you drop a little more, that's near Maserati GranTurismo territory. All the reviews I've seen on the F-Type on Youtube, they have nothing bad to say about it. A lot of them loved the exhaust note.
curious as well.

it sounds awesome. however,the performance does NOT stack up to the money. I also don't like cloth convertible tops.