Sponsored by:

BE by Breyton

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2013 | 01:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C63 2015 C300 sport
Originally Posted by papashango
Sorry I keep bothering you but just a noob at this stuff.

Do I also need to purchase the TPMS for the new rims?

So if I wanted to save money and not bother with a new rim set and just get the tires, I am assuming that I can just order the tires and replace them when winter comes using the same TPMS and everything? Then the only thing is that I will be replacing the tires on the same rim back and forth but can use same TPMS and all that? That way I would save the cost of new rims and TPMS?

I am not really big on aftermarket rims to be honest and quite like the ones that are on the car (OEM 19" Multi Spoke). So the only hassle would be that I would be paying for removing and installing tires and balancing them every change of season?
Yes...but mounting and dismounting all the time is a waste of money imo..and can also scratch your rims..

also with 235 stretched on OEM back wheels you have less rim protection and if you are not a careful driver you can easily curb them.

I'd just buy a cheap set like these in a non staggered size and run 225-235 tires on it. I also dont run any tpms (I dont really care to read the tire pressures, I always check them before I track anyways...and I am cheap lol)...its fine there is just a light, so if you want to save some money you dont need to get tpms.