Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 01:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 C63 2015 C300 sport
Originally Posted by 3WD
Hello,

We aren't trying to advertise, just feel really bad about what happen with him and D2. NO, we are definitely not associate with the sale of the D2 wheels and nor do will we ever associate ourselves with D2.

Sorry everyone for trying to seem like we are advertising to this guy. We apologize for the misconception.

Thank you
Old 07-23-2013, 01:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dreams
sorry about your experience OP. unforunately this sounds about right for shady, unorganized wheel companies run by entrepreneurial highschool dropouts (not singling out D2, just a personal perception on much of the industry in general). i'd suggest going HRE or similar, or something JDM (i.e. volks, work,) for quality and service.

Last edited by dcho; 07-23-2013 at 02:02 PM.
Old 07-23-2013, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
Take your money to HRE.
JDMs (volks, rays, work) would be my second choice.
Old 07-23-2013, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
It seems there's little behind many of these wheel companies besides a website and one or two individuals...your service is only as good as their cash flows for the month.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
Remember the same outfit in california makes the centers for ALMOST everyone
It would be nice to see a list of company that makes their own wheels and a another list for wheels that MHT makes for other companies.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
^^ true, even HRE outsources their 3 pcs wheels barrels & lips I believe. They only manufacture in house the centers & monoblocks wheels.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts
Hyperion's Candy-Coated 4 x 4
I dont know why people would bash D2...I mean, according to their website they were "formed to fulfill a void in the landscape of aftermarket custom wheels. Our sole mission is to transform any vehicle that our wheels adorn into an eye catching, dynamic masterpiece."

As for their customer service, it is equally top notch: "Each customer will be provided the experience that befits the purchase of a custom, exclusive product, from start to finish. Our customer support staff is on hand via telephone, email and messaging clients to answer an idle question, address a warranty inquiry, or just shoot the breeze about why our wheels look so good!"

http://d2forged.com/about.html

And if you want one of their t-shirts with their nifty motto: http://d2forged.com/apparel.html
Old 07-23-2013, 06:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

my wife bananas! :D
Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ
but why not go from A to Z in the same time it takes to go from A to B
haha I agree. hence why we are on this board and spending really more than necessary on a car to get us from A to Z in style
Old 07-23-2013, 06:41 PM

2013 C63 Coup
Appreciate the support from the forum members! I will update everyone when I have further news. Was supposed to talk with the owner today but that fell through. In the meantime I do have a meeting with my lawyer next week.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 700 Likes on 533 Posts
R Nine T
Originally Posted by 3WD
Hello again,

We feel really bad for all the BS you had to go through, sorry.. So after speaking with our owners regarding your issues, we are willing to help you get into some PUR Forged Wheels or Modulare Forged wheels for a one time special price. We can guarantee you that you won't run into any of these issues with PUR or Modulare.

Please let us know...Thank you and sorry again.
This is just parasitical. Take your modulare wheels and shove them up *** man.

This poor guy got screwed good or bad decision either way.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:16 PM

2013 C350
Originally Posted by Pertplus
I dont know why people would bash D2...I mean, according to their website they were "formed to fulfill a void in the landscape of aftermarket custom wheels. Our sole mission is to transform any vehicle that our wheels adorn into an eye catching, dynamic masterpiece."

As for their customer service, it is equally top notch: "Each customer will be provided the experience that befits the purchase of a custom, exclusive product, from start to finish. Our customer support staff is on hand via telephone, email and messaging clients to answer an idle question, address a warranty inquiry, or just shoot the breeze about why our wheels look so good!"

http://d2forged.com/about.html

And if you want one of their t-shirts with their nifty motto: http://d2forged.com/apparel.html
ROFL what a joke.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
C63
Man I'm so sorry that's happening to you.

I hate when I have gotten jerked around so I make it a point to not do it to anyone. Plus that's a ton of $$$ on wheels. I wish it works out for you
Old 07-24-2013, 02:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 793 Likes on 545 Posts
W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
Seeing as nothing has yet been delivered, you should be able to reverse the charges on your credit card. You're not disputing the quality of the goods, you are claiming that they took your money and never delivered what you paid for (which btw does include the agreed-upon delivery time). Dispute the deposit charge with your bank and there is a very good chance that you'll get your money back.

As for the crap posted by 3WD - this qualifies as the worst, most unprofessional attempt at advertising I have ever seen. I now have more respect for politicians, ambulance chasers and used car salesmen than for your company. You're a real class act.

No comment on D2 wheels as I've never dealt with them nor know of anyone that has. Besides, I've b!tched enough about other wheels on other threads and boards.

Last edited by Diabolis; 07-24-2013 at 02:20 AM.
Old 07-24-2013, 02:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
Originally Posted by Roswell
^^ true, even HRE outsources their 3 pcs wheels barrels & lips I believe. They only manufacture in house the centers & monoblocks wheels.
They all do - there are only two or three companies in the US that make the blank forgings (which companies like HRE and DPE then machine in-house), and the same is true for the spun barrels. And IIRC regarding HRE's monoblocks, at least some of them are made in Japan. What HRE has going for them more than any other "custom" wheel company, however, is that they are upfront about what they do, they do as much testing as they possibly can, and they take customer service pretty seriously.

There are very few companies that I know of that make everything on their own from start to finish, and even then it's only for some wheels, not necessarily their entire product line. Furthermore, because they're built for strength more than looks, in terms of design the offerings are pretty slim.
Old 07-24-2013, 03:15 AM

2013 C63 Coup
Originally Posted by Diabolis
Seeing as nothing has yet been delivered, you should be able to reverse the charges on your credit card. You're not disputing the quality of the goods, you are claiming that they took your money and never delivered what you paid for (which btw does include the agreed-upon delivery time). Dispute the deposit charge with your bank and there is a very good chance that you'll get your money back.

As for the crap posted by 3WD - this qualifies as the worst, most unprofessional attempt at advertising I have ever seen. I now have more respect for politicians, ambulance chasers and used car salesmen than for your company. You're a real class act.

No comment on D2 wheels as I've never dealt with them nor know of anyone that has. Besides, I've b!tched enough about other wheels on other threads and boards.
Cant' reverse charges on a credit card after nearly 6 months. I wish it was that easy!
Old 07-24-2013, 03:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by larrybarber
Cant' reverse charges on a credit card after nearly 6 months. I wish it was that easy!
Push hard on it and bump it up to another level above standard customer service. Amex credited me via a chargeback from Best Buy for $1200...after 14 months. It's definitely possible and you have as good a case as I did, maybe better.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:26 AM

'13 CLS63 PP, '16 Huracan , '11 RR Ghost
Wow -- same story here with me and my friends, I waited almost 5 months with f**ked up offset (asked for a new offset, came in with not matching colors) and my friends waited 6 months and another waited 11 months (so bad that he even forgot that he ordered wheels) all ayyydeeveee1 stories.

All I can say is if you want to have the best wheels with your money well spent, HRE is the way to go. Close your eyes, relax and HRE will get it right. I'm amazed when my brother got his first set of HRE and mine should be coming soon
Old 07-24-2013, 07:36 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,399 Likes on 2,844 Posts
2012 CLS63
the flowforms are the ones made in Japan right??

OP, sorry to hear this, six months is enough time for two wheel sets from HRE

I NEVER had a good feeling about D2 either.......seemed ghetto and not that smart.....

here's to getting your money back!!!!!!

and btw: you have your OWN lawyer? wow, impressive
Old 07-24-2013, 08:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 Mini Cooper S Clubman ALL4 - British Racing Green
Originally Posted by bhamg
Push hard on it and bump it up to another level above standard customer service. Amex credited me via a chargeback from Best Buy for $1200...after 14 months. It's definitely possible and you have as good a case as I did, maybe better.
AMEX is a different story. VISA and Mastercard are not quite as generous.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:17 AM

2013 C63 AMG, 2013 B250
Originally Posted by E-SICKTY3
Wow -- same story here with me and my friends, I waited almost 5 months with f**ked up offset (asked for a new offset, came in with not matching colors) and my friends waited 6 months and another waited 11 months (so bad that he even forgot that he ordered wheels) all ayyydeeveee1 stories.
This is not surprising given the legacy (360 Forged) of that company. To each their own but I would never consider giving Jordan any of my money regardless of how awesome their photo shoots look. Topic for another day.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by bhamg
^ What he said. Amex is usually better then VISA or MC when it comes to chargebacks, but I too have had similar issues in the past (custom appliances that were not delivered) and had no problems getting the charges reversed on my VISA. The banks won't get into the middle of a dispute regarding the quality of what was delivered, but if *nothing* was delivered then they will indeed usually side with you. It may have been six months ago when you put down the deposit, but you *had* to put down the deposit in advance by the very nature of the transaction. You have given the other party plenty of time to come good on their promise, and are only now realizing that they are ripping you off. The card issuing bank does have the discretion and ability to decide. Give them a call and ask to speak with someone past the first-level CSR. Banks also don't like negative publicity, and if they fail to reverse the charge on something you never received (and I don't mean "lost in transport" here), that looks pretty bad for them.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Vise_
This is not surprising given the legacy (360 Forged) of that company. To each their own but I would never consider giving Jordan any of my money regardless of how awesome their photo shoots look. Topic for another day.
Vise - is D2 forged another one of Jordan's companies? His 360 forged and ADV1 shenanigans are quite legendary, but I've never heard anything about D2 so I don't know. Is he the owner or somehow involved?
Old 07-24-2013, 10:15 AM

2013 C63 AMG, 2013 B250
Originally Posted by Diabolis
Vise - is D2 forged another one of Jordan's companies? His 360 forged and ADV1 shenanigans are quite legendary, but I've never heard anything about D2 so I don't know. Is he the owner or somehow involved?
No or at minimum not that I'm aware of. Was referring to the previous posters comment on 'all ayyydeeveee1 stories'.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:24 AM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
2018 S63 AMG S and 2018 GLS450
Originally Posted by abcut973
8k$ for wheels is just insane. I hope you'll get your refund ASAP. GL
8k for rims and you get the service equal to someone running out of their moms basement! Chargeback that shiet and send them a bill for your time wasted too lol!
Old 07-24-2013, 10:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 Mini Cooper S Clubman ALL4 - British Racing Green
Keep in mind, with all this talk of charge backs and what not, recent bank reforms have screwed with many of these rules, and as such, what used to be soft deadlines where you could complain and perform charge backs and what not, are now hard dead lines, in which case youa re screwed.

I am not saying this is the case, but finance rules have changed, alot, in the last year and a half or so.

Sorry for going off topic.

This is also why you never put down more than 10% as a deposit. Anyone asking for more than that, is typically trying to fund their business on new order funding, versus using post sales funding.... In the investment world, they call it a Ponzi scheme.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: D2 Wheels - STAY AWAY!