C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Driving C63 to school

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 05:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im going to say this to Noodleman and Fung63 everytime i see them.. LOL..
Old 08-08-2013, 06:49 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 BS, 2011 SLS, 2014 CLS63-S
Its an unfortunate reality that we are surrounded by insecure jealous people whom cannot handle their emotions very well. I've run into this kind of thing and the best course of action is to ignore them and live your life, as much as you want to lay the guy out. You should not be bullied into not driving your car to school. Maybe invest in a dash cam for piece of mind?

Oh, and the Jew comment.

We are a self loathing people and love to drive German automobiles so we can give ourselves guilt over it.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 E63S Wagon
Originally Posted by khmergod
You, zephyr, and I can be bronies. Our mindset is the same. I'm an enthusiast for cars, jrpgs, and magic the gathering. You could have Jace, the mindsculptor in foil and I wouldn't want to tear it up because it is just too awesome. Plus it's really overpowered.
I have to confess that I understood everything in this post /nerd
Old 08-08-2013, 07:05 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by DavidZhu
So im currently still in college and i got a c63 coupe for my bday. the First time i drove it to school this guy looks at my car for a while and looks at me and says **** you as i was getting in my car to leave. and i was like excuese me? and he just turned around and gave me this death stare. after that i feel like people will key my car or something if i ever drive it to school. any one else drive theirs to school and can share some experiences/advice on avoiding people that will mess up your car?
Hey guys I finally bought a new C63 around the end of may....
did you buy it or get it as a birthday present? or bought it for yourself as a present
wish I had that kinda of cash in college

what college?
doesn't sound like they have high admission standards or are very selective if they let douches like that guy in...

you can't allow others to determine your emotional state
Old 08-08-2013, 07:50 PM

Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts
2009 c63
Originally Posted by noodleman
I have to confess that I understood everything in this post /nerd
Now I'm just curious... Can you translate?
Old 08-08-2013, 07:56 PM

E63 AMG S
Got my m3 keyed like a mf'er in college....sometimes ya never know...
Old 08-09-2013, 07:47 AM

06 CTT-S
Originally Posted by khmergod
You, zephyr, and I can be bronies. Our mindset is the same. I'm an enthusiast for cars, jrpgs, and magic the gathering. You could have Jace, the mindsculptor in foil and I wouldn't want to tear it up because it is just too awesome. Plus it's really overpowered.
OT: Magic the Gathering????? where do you play? last set I played was Odyssey.. and coming here in the US, I was looking for a shop/place to play but couldn't find one.. too many sets have came out and couldn't come back.. arrgghh..
Old 08-09-2013, 08:15 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
'16 CLS 63 S
I'm guessing the guys girlfriend ran away with a guy driving a MB.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 P31 C63 2015 CLA45
Originally Posted by mgbrillo
OT: Magic the Gathering????? where do you play? last set I played was Odyssey.. and coming here in the US, I was looking for a shop/place to play but couldn't find one.. too many sets have came out and couldn't come back.. arrgghh..
I played M11, Alara block, zendikar block, m12,.and Mirrodin. Have tons of cards and only play duels on steam atm. Used to do a meetup page for Houston, but troo busy atm.

Ps I love mtg

Last edited by khmergod; 08-09-2013 at 10:27 AM.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
So im currently still in college and i got a c63 coupe for my bday. the First time i drove it to school this guy looks at my car for a while and looks at me and says **** you as i was getting in my car to leave. and i was like excuese me? and he just turned around and gave me this death stare. after that i feel like people will key my car or something if i ever drive it to school. any one else drive theirs to school and can share some experiences/advice on avoiding people that will mess up your car?
Where do you live? you might be able to claim your vehicle under the stand your ground doctrine.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:14 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2021 C63S AMG, 2020 Mclaren 600lt Spider
I go to San Francisco State university. there are a good amount of nice cars here but idk still. I still kept my honda civic so maybe ill just drive that to school and drive the c63 on weekends
Old 08-09-2013, 11:30 PM

C63, 335i
I go to San Francisco State university. there are a good amount of nice cars here but idk still. I still kept my honda civic so maybe ill just drive that to school and drive the c63 on weekends
Oh you will be fine then. Just drive the C63 and enjoy it. My friend also went to SFSU and his roommate drove around in a Maserati all the time and never had any problem with parking it at school or anywhere.

Just be careful and don't attract any unwanted attention to yourself. You're right, there are a lot of nice cars around that area and some SFSU students have really nice cars so I think you'll be fine. There will always be people who notice the difference, but to most people, it's just another Mercedes for all they care.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
SF? well now that makes sense. i used to live in the Bay Area. people don't like expensive gas guzzlers. someone walked over the hood of my other amg in sf.
Old 08-10-2013, 06:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C63 AMG
99% of people wont know what an AMG is... I still have people tell me all the time that they bought their son/daughter a car just like mine only to find out its a C250/300.

Like others have said if you drive normal around campus or where you live you wont ever have an issue, save the power from when you get open roads so you can enjoy it, plenty of places just outside of the city to do so.

I get 0 attention in my AMG compared to my past M cars, they seemed to attack the most hate. I do get the occasionally person that will peel out at lights or just WOT light to light next to me to try and get to me race them i guess... (mostly camrys or that new scion thing that every 16 year old has now)

Last edited by 2012C63AMG; 08-10-2013 at 06:16 AM.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 EQE 43 AMG SUV
I've driven 2 C 63's, 1 E63, 1 ML and 2 M5's to school and gotten no grief, most just people asking about specs and if they can take a picture. There is always the occasional jealous douchebag, and who knows what he'll do when you're not watching Never had any probems myself. Like others here said just drive like you would any other car, no showing off etc and you'll be fine
Old 08-10-2013, 09:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
Just swipe a parking pass for one of the professor's cars and park in their lot.

I did that in university....but my 1979 Grand Prix kinda stood out....its alot of luxury for one parking lot
Old 08-10-2013, 09:19 PM

2011 C63 Sedan White on Black
Originally Posted by callmiro
Just swipe a parking pass for one of the professor's cars and park in their lot.

I did that in university....but my 1979 Grand Prix kinda stood out....its alot of luxury for one parking lot
exactly what i did haha
Old 08-10-2013, 11:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 285 Likes on 183 Posts
10 C six trizzle
dont forget about porsches...

Ya ive heard of plenty of kids driving nice cars and having issues. Usually they are spoiled dousche bags, so dont be one of those and you probably wont have a problem. As always some will hate, thats life. I get more hate when i drive my 94' rx7 than the c63. like its some super car, its old, beat up and runs like **** but everyone wants one. not like they are hard to afford either 7k$ is what i paid for it. maybe consider debadging it. people wont be the wiser. lots of benz's in my area so then i usually only get the annoying "what do you do for living?" question.
Old 08-11-2013, 12:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 Diamond White C63 Coupe
No issues here. Do not be a clown and drive like a douche and all issues should be avoided.
Old 08-11-2013, 02:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
You should be fine around State. My gf went there for undergrad and grad and I park mine nearby at Lake Merced or Stonestown all the time. I wouldn't about would-be douche nozzles and worry more about the crazy Asian drivers.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:23 PM

2012 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by callmiro

I think this causes the most issues.. Thinking because you have a nice car you are suddenly special and need special parking.

For instance this idiot at my old condo constantly parks his car in loading zones etc that are close to the elevator, its really annoying when you want to use it for its proper purpose, I used to blocked him in while using it for its purpose and made sure to take my sweet time to unload my Costco trips. I thought its funny to do this to him and he would always get upset and act like a baby, he was nothing more than a lazy fat *** who can't walk the 20-25 feet the rest of us have to, and the HOA told him multiple times to park in his own spot.

Hypothetically thinking

---

If I was a poor college student or a person that didn't have much to lose and constantly saw a mercedes or BMW owner being an *** on how they park(thinking they can park where they can or block certain things etc) I might consider trowing bricks or paint on the car, but unfortunately my finger prints are on file with the FBI/ATF for job clearance and NFA gun ownership items and i have to obey all laws.
-----
OP my best advice is just drive it and park it like you would your honda, I do this everywhere I go and don't have a single door ding or act of vandalism to my car.

Parking in a professor lot again elevates you making you convey a message to others you are special and above them, you are in college there is 0 possibility a college student could afford a C63 without your parents, I don't care if you worked for it and did financially earn it you couldn't of done it without your parents unless you are a celebrity or student athlete getting under the rug kickbacks.

Again don't make it seem special, park where normal students park, you have insurance so don't worry about your car its an object, its going to get rock chips, dents door dings. You will be much happier in life not worry about it its just a car so dont elevate it to be anything more.

PS: when I was in college my roommate did the professor parking lot, got caught 5-6 months in got banned from all university parking, got his car towed and had to pay a $500 fine.
Old 08-11-2013, 07:18 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by 2012C63AMG
I think this causes the most issues.. Thinking because you have a nice car you are suddenly special and need special parking.

For instance this idiot at my old condo constantly parks his car in loading zones etc that are close to the elevator, its really annoying when you want to use it for its proper purpose, I used to blocked him in while using it for its purpose and made sure to take my sweet time to unload my Costco trips. I thought its funny to do this to him and he would always get upset and act like a baby, he was nothing more than a lazy fat *** who can't walk the 20-25 feet the rest of us have to, and the HOA told him multiple times to park in his own spot.

Hypothetically thinking

---

If I was a poor college student or a person that didn't have much to lose and constantly saw a mercedes or BMW owner being an *** on how they park(thinking they can park where they can or block certain things etc) I might consider trowing bricks or paint on the car, but unfortunately my finger prints are on file with the FBI/ATF for job clearance and NFA gun ownership items and i have to obey all laws.
-----
OP my best advice is just drive it and park it like you would your honda, I do this everywhere I go and don't have a single door ding or act of vandalism to my car.

Parking in a professor lot again elevates you making you convey a message to others you are special and above them, you are in college there is 0 possibility a college student could afford a C63 without your parents, I don't care if you worked for it and did financially earn it you couldn't of done it without your parents unless you are a celebrity or student athlete getting under the rug kickbacks.

Again don't make it seem special, park where normal students park, you have insurance so don't worry about your car its an object, its going to get rock chips, dents door dings. You will be much happier in life not worry about it its just a car so dont elevate it to be anything more.

PS: when I was in college my roommate did the professor parking lot, got caught 5-6 months in got banned from all university parking, got his car towed and had to pay a $500 fine.
Bahhh i wouldn't say that is necessarily true, You could have rich parents who don't give you **** and want you to earn it on your own, You could just be a person who developed an app in high school and sold it for about half a million. My point is never judge or assume, cause you may never know!!
Old 08-11-2013, 09:48 PM

2012 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by shamke60
Bahhh i wouldn't say that is necessarily true, You could have rich parents who don't give you **** and want you to earn it on your own, You could just be a person who developed an app in high school and sold it for about half a million. My point is never judge or assume, cause you may never know!!
I did state you either did something or you are famous otherwise its your parents.

Having rich parents is a big advantage over a normal person, how many middle class background college students are driving C63's?. And without your parents support or being born rich you wouldn't have the ability to work at a nice job that young and earn that much money to buy a C63. Life is a lot about who you know, and having rich parents boosts this who you know and it really does give you a bid advantage, you get into better schools from day one by default.

Lets estimate $1k payment, $1k apartment, $1k for food expenses, $500 for entertainment per month. Where does a college student earn enough to support $3,500 per month closer to $5k per month before taxes?

In no way is this directed at the OP I am making a general statement and I hope you dont take it personally, just giving you advice on not being a douche bag that I see daily from people who drive cars of our caliber.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:53 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by 2012C63AMG
I did state you either did something or you are famous otherwise its your parents.

Having rich parents is a big advantage over a normal person, how many middle class background college students are driving C63's?. And without your parents support or being born rich you wouldn't have the ability to work at a nice job that young and earn that much money to buy a C63. Life is a lot about who you know, and having rich parents boosts this who you know and it really does give you a bid advantage, you get into better schools from day one by default.

Lets estimate $1k payment, $1k apartment, $1k for food expenses, $500 for entertainment per month. Where does a college student earn enough to support $3,500 per month closer to $5k per month before taxes?

In no way is this directed at the OP I am making a general statement and I hope you dont take it personally, just giving you advice on not being a douche bag that I see daily from people who drive cars of our caliber.
jk.... No offense taken.
I get what your are saying, i know plenty of people who were hand things and are complete douche kabobs.

Old 08-13-2013, 02:29 AM

2021 C63S AMG, 2020 Mclaren 600lt Spider
well to answer everyone my parents are pretty well off. my parents gave me capital and i bought some stocks and it did pretty well and had enough to buy myself a c63 for my bday. so i guess i kinda earned it on my own

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Driving C63 to school