Old 08-14-2013, 04:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 Mini Cooper S Clubman ALL4 - British Racing Green

Old 08-14-2013, 05:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by rory breaker
No offense man, but if you ordered wheels, had an installer tell you they (incorrectly) didnt fit, sent them back...then had the shop validate fitment...you really expect them to just eat the cost of shipping the wheels back to you? I get maybe some flexibility is warranted on the test fit $, but still....they delivered the order as promised, the fitment/associated hassle was your fault, not theirs, why should they pay?

Maybe I have it wrong...not being accusatory, just throwing my perception out there to be corrected if wrong.
Agreed as well. ACG confrimed fitment on another C63. Seems like I would have issue with the original installer giving you his opinion.

What was the fitment issue? Offset was "tight" and close to suspension components?
Old 08-14-2013, 06:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 E63S Wagon
What was the size and offsets of the wheels that didn't fit? What part of it didn't fit?
Old 08-14-2013, 07:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by James@ACGAutomotive
Attached is your credit card refund slip, if you would prefer i remove it please let me know... i have also attached our merchant settlement from that day to show that is was completely processed.
James, THANK YOU!!! This is all I was asking for and couldn't seem to get from Tal. You can take the image down now.

What others need to know is that I am NOT blaming ACG for the delays or Forgestar. My issue was with the communication back and forth between Tal and myself. I never once got an update without having to call or email first and I usually waited until after the next estimated date had passed before calling or emailing.

The same type of issue with the refund. Tal told me he was doing it on 7/31 and it went through on 8/5. If I hadn't been told I would see the refund in 3-4 business days I wouldn't have gotten worried. Tbh, something else must be going on and I can't explain nor can Citibank. The refund just doesn't exist right now. That is why I was asking for the refund receipt so they can investigate further. Now I can hand them the documents they need to find it, but I had to dispute it already so that I am not being charged the interest.

Anyway, like the title says, "My one bad experience." I came on the boards to tell my story and the funny thing is I had to get the refund receipt posted on the World Wide Web. This is what I mean by poor communication. I did not receive an email with the image attached nor any response to my email two days ago.

Anyway, not to beat a dead horse. I do appreciate the apology from both James and Tal. I wish them the best and hope that others see this is not about Forgestar and delays, but about better communication and accountability. I still think I just had really bad luck with this deal. ACG is not at fault for the wheel delays or the refund delay. It's just my luck to "lose" a $3200 refund in the system. I just hope Citibank clears this up.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:33 PM
Banned

a car
Originally Posted by Sincity
Agreed as well. ACG confrimed fitment on another C63. Seems like I would have issue with the original installer giving you his opinion.

What was the fitment issue? Offset was "tight" and close to suspension components?
Correct. It was claimed that the wheels were not only "tight" but that they were actually making contact with the shock.

Only to be verified by myself that they did not in fact touch anything, fit perfect and as you said are now being used and enjoyed by another C63 owner.

Originally Posted by noodleman
What was the size and offsets of the wheels that didn't fit? What part of it didn't fit?
The wheels did fit.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
I haven't read the entirety of this thread and won't bother. That said, I like many others, have agonized whether I can squeak out an extra mm or two so as for example, to be able to run 275/30-19 PSS's on 10" rears without rubbing. And that's what its come down to, an mm or two. I can definitely see an installer who is not familiar with the lack of room inside the wheel wells that we deal with thinking there will be an issue but they would be dead wrong, wouldn't they? And I put that on the buyer, not the seller.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts
Hyperion's Candy-Coated 4 x 4
All I can say is that ACG has modded 4 of my cars from "soups to nuts" and they have never been anything but first class! And if there was ever an issue, they handled it right away!
Old 08-16-2013, 04:41 AM

2012 C63 AMG BS, 2010 DUCATI 1198S
Originally Posted by Pertplus
All I can say is that ACG has modded 4 of my cars from "soups to nuts" and they have never been anything but first class! And if there was ever an issue, they handled it right away!
Really? I had a horrible experience with ACG. They took all my money, but then my car became pretty awesome, so all was forgiven.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:33 AM

SL63 AMG
Jim, I once again want to apologize on the behalf of ACG Automotive about your forgestar delays, we unfortunately can only regurgitate the information we are feed by forgestar. Sadly even after we have refunded you, we still do not have your wheels. Prior to refunding you, we had everything here (Tires, TPMS, Lug Bolts, Painted Calipers) siting and waiting for the notice that your forgestars would be completed. Forgestar is not close (2hour drive) but we would have make the trip the minute your wheels are completed to ensure that once things were in our hands that everything is expedited.

Attached is your credit card refund slip, if you would prefer i remove it please let me know... i have also attached our merchant settlement from that day to show that is was completely processed.
Amazing reply. Classy response. I would deal with you anyday. And I will

Just to clarify, I had to wait 16 weeks for my forgestar wheels
Old 08-16-2013, 09:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts
Hyperion's Candy-Coated 4 x 4
Originally Posted by NellyRod
Really? I had a horrible experience with ACG. They took all my money, but then my car became pretty awesome, so all was forgiven.
My problem is that they keep letting me buy more and more modifications.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
It sucks...but that's what you get when you order wheels in May...back of the line to everyone else who started ordering in the fall

Last edited by callmiro; 08-16-2013 at 09:56 AM.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:09 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
07 RS4 sold, R53 Cooper S, 2008 Cayman S, 2012 GTR
Originally Posted by noodleman

Sized 19x8.5 front et40 and 19x10 rear et48.

Originally Posted by HoozyerdaddyC63
James, THANK YOU!!! This is all I was asking for and couldn't seem to get from Tal. You can take the image down now.

What others need to know is that I am NOT blaming ACG for the delays or Forgestar. My issue was with the communication back and forth between Tal and myself. I never once got an update without having to call or email first and I usually waited until after the next estimated date had passed before calling or emailing.

The same type of issue with the refund. Tal told me he was doing it on 7/31 and it went through on 8/5. If I hadn't been told I would see the refund in 3-4 business days I wouldn't have gotten worried. Tbh, something else must be going on and I can't explain nor can Citibank. The refund just doesn't exist right now. That is why I was asking for the refund receipt so they can investigate further. Now I can hand them the documents they need to find it, but I had to dispute it already so that I am not being charged the interest.

Anyway, like the title says, "My one bad experience." I came on the boards to tell my story and the funny thing is I had to get the refund receipt posted on the World Wide Web. This is what I mean by poor communication. I did not receive an email with the image attached nor any response to my email two days ago.

Anyway, not to beat a dead horse. I do appreciate the apology from both James and Tal. I wish them the best and hope that others see this is not about Forgestar and delays, but about better communication and accountability. I still think I just had really bad luck with this deal. ACG is not at fault for the wheel delays or the refund delay. It's just my luck to "lose" a $3200 refund in the system. I just hope Citibank clears this up.
Jim, the image has been removed.

My apologies on the refund, I was out on vacation and Tal waited from me to come back on Monday the 5th to process your refund as he could not get a hold of me as my phone was off in Vancouver (roaming charges were going to be outrageous)

Please make sure to let me know when the refund post, my email is james@acgautomotive.com Please feel free to contact me about anything.

Have a great weekend.

Matt and Nelson thank you for the kind words... Your favorite crack mod dealer
Old 08-16-2013, 12:10 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Pertplus
My problem is that they keep letting me buy more and more modifications.
This is my problem too. They do great work and have always addressed any questions or concerns I have had promptly.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

That is plenty of space in the rears (especially on the suspension side) with Hankook V12 275/30/19. I run 10s on 51 offset.

Last edited by Sincity; 08-16-2013 at 12:38 PM.
Old 08-16-2013, 02:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
That is plenty of space in the rears (especially on the suspension side) with Hankook V12 275/30/19. I run 10s on 51 offset.
That's partially because Hankook V12's run narrow. The tread width of the V12 275 is 9.7", the PSS 275 is 10.2." Even the PSS 265 is 10.0" across the tread.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by bhamg
That's partially because Hankook V12's run narrow. The tread width of the V12 275 is 9.7", the PSS 275 is 10.2." Even the PSS 265 is 10.0" across the tread.
I wonder if I can run 285 V12s?

In either case, the 48 offset is fine and should handle the PSS on both the suspension side and body side.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
I wonder if I can run 285 V12s?

In either case, the 48 offset is fine and should handle the PSS on both the suspension side and body side.
Most likely only if you haven't lowered it...
Old 08-21-2013, 01:52 AM

C63

Jim, the image has been removed.

My apologies on the refund, I was out on vacation and Tal waited from me to come back on Monday the 5th to process your refund as he could not get a hold of me as my phone was off in Vancouver (roaming charges were going to be outrageous)

Please make sure to let me know when the refund post, my email is james@acgautomotive.com Please feel free to contact me about anything.

Have a great weekend.

Matt and Nelson thank you for the kind words... Your favorite crack mod dealer
I just wanted to update the thread. My refund finally came through and I wanted to thank James and Tal for reaching out to me after to confirm I got it.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:38 PM
Banned

a car
Originally Posted by HoozyerdaddyC63
I just wanted to update the thread. My refund finally came through and I wanted to thank James and Tal for reaching out to me after to confirm I got it.
Thank you for the update Jim.

All the best,

-Tal