C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

My one bad experience with ACG Automotive

Old 08-13-2013, 11:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
My one bad experience with ACG Automotive

After reading so many good things about ACG and how happy people were that dealt with them I decided to give them my business.

I chose the Forgestar CF5V's in gunmetal with Lamborghini orange calipers and a set of NT05's to finish it off.

Things started off fine and Tal was great to deal with. I was quoted 4-6 weeks and we decided it would be a package deal. I figured I'd have them by the 4th of July being it was only May 15.

Sadly things didn't go as planned. 4-6 weeks turned into 5-6 weeks and then it was quiet with no estimates and no idea when they would be done Now I can understand if things went wrong, and of course, Tal said Forgestar was at fault and didn't bother to notify him.

Here's the thing, good customer service means taking care of the customer. Calling the customer if the order is running behind or there are problems. If 6 weeks go by and you haven't heard from Forgestar then good customer service means calling Forgestar and finding out what is wrong and calling the customer with an update. By this time you have $3200 of my money. I'm obviously invested in this purchase, but apparently more than ACG is.

There was one way communication of status updates. Meaning it was me doing the calling or emailing and waiting, sometimes days, to hear back. I reached out to Tal for an update on June 10 and was quoted 2-3. There was still no wheels and no estimated completion date on July 23. I said I would give it one more week and that's what I did. Without any idea on when these wheels would be completed I cancelled my entire order.

As of today, 8/13, I am still out $3200 for money I put down as part of the payment. Tal told me on July 31 that he would refund the money. Since the refund still hasn't shown after 10 business days, I had to file a dispute with the credit card company so that I can fight the finance charges.

The credit card company has asked for proof the refund went through. Oddly enough the ACG letterhead credit memo (not the actual receipt) shows 8/8 that it was refunded. The only real proof is the refund receipt and his thumb is blocking the date in the picture he sent. I've asked for a copy of that receipt (without his thumb blocking it) multiple times now, but have yet to receive it. Apparently the paperwork has gone to an off-site accountant and he will try to get it in a "timely manner." I'll admit it felt a little shady hearing that. Either way 8/8 is 6 business days after I was told I was getting the refund and everyday I see that balance sitting there I get more annoyed.

So not only do I get an extreme delay on the order, but apparently there's an extreme delay on the refund. Talk about a kick in the face.

Again, this is just my experience and maybe I am the only one this has happened to with ACG because apparently others have had great success with them. I'm just sorry I didn't.

At least I am making some happy customers with those Lamborghini Orange calipers and 19" gunmetal CF5V's. I hope whoever buys them gets to really enjoy them. Just don't believe Tal if he says the original buyer didn't buy them because he upgraded to something else.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Black Series
I dont feel sorry for you. My Forgestars took 13 weeks! And dealing with a close friend here in Toronto I understood it was completely Forgestar's fault. I think you are too quick to place blame on ACG and Tal when he probably had no other option but to keep telling you what he was most likely hearing from Peter at Forgestar. Tal has given me great advice in the past and I will one day order wheels from them (for my next car), since everyone Ive spoken to has had great things to say (for the exception of you). I hope Tal can chime in to share his side of the story since there are always 2 sides. I imagine you being the person harassing the shop while they are waiting for a reply from the wheel company. Anyways hopefully you get your money back and find something nce for your car to spend it on.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:25 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
C63
I've communicated with Tal a few times over the past year. He doesn't always get back to my first emails so sometimes I have to send them twice, but I chalk that up to him probably
being busy. I'm finally in line to get my calipers painted and was set on getting Forgestar CF-10's or CF5V's once I finished wrapping my car, but I guess I'll see how long the wait actually is before going ahead and ordering.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
Forgestar are definitely slow at delivering their wheels, that is not new to all of us (wow, since May 15 is a long time for wheels produced in US, you should have went with Volks lol). But I do agree on the fact ACG could have given better communication in your case.

I never dealt with them personally, I only requested a quote for my HRE at that time... and they were more expensive than the shop I bought them from. Other than that, I cant really comment on their service.

Good luck getting your money back...
Old 08-13-2013, 11:49 PM

Huracan STO
Originally Posted by Roswell
Forgestar are definitely slow at delivering their wheels, that is not new to all of us (wow, since May 15 is a long time for wheels produced in US, you should have went with Volks lol). But I do agree on the fact ACG could have given better communication in your case.

I never dealt with them personally, I only requested a quote for my HRE at that time... and they were more expensive than the shop I bought them from. Other than that, I cant really comment on their service.

Good luck getting your money back...

Forgestars are deff not produced in the US and are certainly some of the crappiest wheels I have ever had to work with.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I meant powdercoated in US. LOL

They kept giving excuses that the powdercoater is slow or smth went wrong with quality control in the powdercoating stage. LOL what a joke!
Old 08-14-2013, 12:07 AM

Huracan STO
Lol I wouldn't be surprised if they were being finished overseas also. The finish is horrendous.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
507 SEDAN
Originally Posted by HoozyerdaddyC63
After reading so many good things about ACG and how happy people were that dealt with them I decided to give them my business.

I chose the Forgestar CF5V's in gunmetal with Lamborghini orange calipers and a set of NT05's to finish it off.

Things started off fine and Tal was great to deal with. I was quoted 4-6 weeks and we decided it would be a package deal. I figured I'd have them by the 4th of July being it was only May 15.

Sadly things didn't go as planned. 4-6 weeks turned into 5-6 weeks and then it was quiet with no estimates and no idea when they would be done Now I can understand if things went wrong, and of course, Tal said Forgestar was at fault and didn't bother to notify him.

Here's the thing, good customer service means taking care of the customer. Calling the customer if the order is running behind or there are problems. If 6 weeks go by and you haven't heard from Forgestar then good customer service means calling Forgestar and finding out what is wrong and calling the customer with an update. By this time you have $3200 of my money. I'm obviously invested in this purchase, but apparently more than ACG is.

There was one way communication of status updates. Meaning it was me doing the calling or emailing and waiting, sometimes days, to hear back. I reached out to Tal for an update on June 10 and was quoted 2-3. There was still no wheels and no estimated completion date on July 23. I said I would give it one more week and that's what I did. Without any idea on when these wheels would be completed I cancelled my entire order.

As of today, 8/13, I am still out $3200 for money I put down as part of the payment. Tal told me on July 31 that he would refund the money. Since the refund still hasn't shown after 10 business days, I had to file a dispute with the credit card company so that I can fight the finance charges.

The credit card company has asked for proof the refund went through. Oddly enough the ACG letterhead credit memo (not the actual receipt) shows 8/8 that it was refunded. The only real proof is the refund receipt and his thumb is blocking the date in the picture he sent. I've asked for a copy of that receipt (without his thumb blocking it) multiple times now, but have yet to receive it. Apparently the paperwork has gone to an off-site accountant and he will try to get it in a "timely manner." I'll admit it felt a little shady hearing that. Either way 8/8 is 6 business days after I was told I was getting the refund and everyday I see that balance sitting there I get more annoyed.

So not only do I get an extreme delay on the order, but apparently there's an extreme delay on the refund. Talk about a kick in the face.

Again, this is just my experience and maybe I am the only one this has happened to with ACG because apparently others have had great success with them. I'm just sorry I didn't.

At least I am making some happy customers with those Lamborghini Orange calipers and 19" gunmetal CF5V's. I hope whoever buys them gets to really enjoy them. Just don't believe Tal if he says the original buyer didn't buy them because he upgraded to something else.

You are in-fact, not alone. I had a Forgestar order for the same wheels, CF5v's and dealt with Tal. At first, everything was or seemed really on the up-and-up and the service was great. Then, came the waiting game. I was promised a certain delivery date and ACG exceeded it by months:

As far as the wheels, what crap!!! Tal at ACG seemed harder to get after the sale. First off, the wheels were not even packed properly. There was the proper material to protect them during shipping, it just wasn't applied properly. There were some heavy-duty plastic rings that were made to go around the lips, but they were just laying in the box. Both rings were in each box with the wheels, they just weren't put into place. Some of the wheels came with scuffs on the lips, right out of the box. If they were packed properly with the lip protectors on, the finish would have been fine. Very frustrating. Then, after checking all the boxes, there were no lugs. The wheels sat at my house for 4 days until I received the black satin lugs that I had ordered and payed for with the original invoice. I did not want to get the wheels installed and then have to go back through and replace the lugs. If that wasn't bad enough(I almost sent them back because of the scuffed lips), the rear offsets were completely off. It was maddening. Me and the guys here at my shop kept thinking that we were missing something. But after doing at least 4 test fittings, actually getting the car up on the lift and doing some dry installs with no tire, it became apparent that there would have been significant rubbing had we mounted and installed. ACG insisted that the offset was correct and that the shop was wrong and didn't know what they were doing. So, I went back to the shop with the wheels and took dozens of pics with the wheels test fitted. I sent all the pics to ACG was finally told that I was correct and the offset was wrong. I was going to be one of the first with their new wheels, the CVF5's. ACG would not take them back and do a direct swap. They wanted to charge me a restock fee and shipping again. Plus, I had to pay to get the wheels back to them. They were clamming that they had a C63 in-house and that the original offset was correct and tried to blame me because I asked for the most aggressive offset they could produce. They knew what car they were going to go on, so I figured that they would be on top of it. Anyway as you can tell, this was an entire debacle that could have and should have been avoided primarily because they were the company that dealt with the manufacturer and knew the vehicle specs that the wheels were to be installed on.

To manufacture and ship wheels with the wrong offset and mis-packaged was too much. I decided that I did not want them to replace thw wheels with the proper ones, so I just returned them. But the final kick in the pants was that they charged me a 15% restock fee. Can you believe that ****? After going back and forth with them, they were clearly aware of the mistakes and issues on their part. And they still stuck it to me on the return. ACG exhibited bad customer service. I didn't even get to critique or try their product out. It was just bad, very bad business.

Not trying to ruin them, was just adding to your experience.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LOL, I knew you would take this chance to share your experience Jordan... I couldn't believe you kept it all for you for all this time, but thanks for sharing it with me over emails a while ago.

I think you've been very professional about this, and this 15% restocking fees is pure BS. I'm glad you are finally sharing it.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'15 VW GTI
Why anyone would order Forgestar wheels, I'll never understand. If after this, you still want to order their wheels...well, you get what you pay for.

I've never had an issue with ACG, but there's not a single company in business that hasn't had the occasional customer service issue.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:12 AM

C63
Originally Posted by VaclavSV
I dont feel sorry for you. My Forgestars took 13 weeks! And dealing with a close friend here in Toronto I understood it was completely Forgestar's fault. I think you are too quick to place blame on ACG and Tal when he probably had no other option but to keep telling you what he was most likely hearing from Peter at Forgestar. Tal has given me great advice in the past and I will one day order wheels from them (for my next car), since everyone Ive spoken to has had great things to say (for the exception of you). I hope Tal can chime in to share his side of the story since there are always 2 sides. I imagine you being the person harassing the shop while they are waiting for a reply from the wheel company. Anyways hopefully you get your money back and find something nce for your car to spend it on.
I'm not blaming them for the wheel delay at all.

Plain and simple.

If you're going to give estimates and those dates pass, don't make the customer call to find out what the situation is. I wouldn't call that harassment. It was a lack of communication on the part of ACG.

If you're going to take someones money, you become the vendor and the face of the product. It is your responsibility as the vendor to provide good customer service in the event that something goes wrong. You don't have to be 100% transparent, but you need to be accountable. I was told that Forgestar didn't notify ACG that there were defects that needed to be fixed. I don't care. The fact is you, the vendor, should be checking in to see what the status is and letting me, the customer, know that the estimate you, the vendor, gave will be delayed.

If you promise your customer a full refund, it is your responsibility to assist that customer in getting their money back in a timely manner. I feel like ACG did not do that. I was told 7/31 that I would receive a full refund and it should show on my credit card within 3-4 business days. Let's revisit my first point about giving out estimates and missing those dates.

My frustration with ACG stems from multiple incidents over time. I was told numerous times "they should be ready next week" starting the end of June and kept getting my hopes up only to not hear anything. Then I would have to call in for a status or email only to find out there's no news or word on when they will be finished.

I've asked for an image of the refund receipt that was already sent to me, but I need the image without the thumb blocking it so that I can prove to the credit card company that I am due $3200 and the refund was processed on a specific date and time. The only thing they can see is the time and think the thumb is blocking the date. The credit memo they have sent in place of that receipt is not enough.

I can deal with the delay on the wheels up to a certain date and that was July 31. I was well within my right to cancel the order and there was no fuss from ACG about it. How could they? I didn't even have any of the products.

When it comes to my money, I don't mind spending it, but I don't like giving it away. I have been pretty tame with ACG other than my request with that receipt. Put yourself in my shoes for a moment. If I were to tell you that your refund will be there in 3-4 business days, what would you do 2 weeks later when you still don't see it?
Old 08-14-2013, 01:16 AM

C63
Originally Posted by jordanaf
You are in-fact, not alone. I had a Forgestar order for the same wheels, CF5v's and dealt with Tal. At first, everything was or seemed really on the up-and-up and the service was great. Then, came the waiting game. I was promised a certain delivery date and ACG exceeded it by months:

As far as the wheels, what crap!!! Tal at ACG seemed harder to get after the sale. First off, the wheels were not even packed properly. There was the proper material to protect them during shipping, it just wasn't applied properly. There were some heavy-duty plastic rings that were made to go around the lips, but they were just laying in the box. Both rings were in each box with the wheels, they just weren't put into place. Some of the wheels came with scuffs on the lips, right out of the box. If they were packed properly with the lip protectors on, the finish would have been fine. Very frustrating. Then, after checking all the boxes, there were no lugs. The wheels sat at my house for 4 days until I received the black satin lugs that I had ordered and payed for with the original invoice. I did not want to get the wheels installed and then have to go back through and replace the lugs. If that wasn't bad enough(I almost sent them back because of the scuffed lips), the rear offsets were completely off. It was maddening. Me and the guys here at my shop kept thinking that we were missing something. But after doing at least 4 test fittings, actually getting the car up on the lift and doing some dry installs with no tire, it became apparent that there would have been significant rubbing had we mounted and installed. ACG insisted that the offset was correct and that the shop was wrong and didn't know what they were doing. So, I went back to the shop with the wheels and took dozens of pics with the wheels test fitted. I sent all the pics to ACG was finally told that I was correct and the offset was wrong. I was going to be one of the first with their new wheels, the CVF5's. ACG would not take them back and do a direct swap. They wanted to charge me a restock fee and shipping again. Plus, I had to pay to get the wheels back to them. They were clamming that they had a C63 in-house and that the original offset was correct and tried to blame me because I asked for the most aggressive offset they could produce. They knew what car they were going to go on, so I figured that they would be on top of it. Anyway as you can tell, this was an entire debacle that could have and should have been avoided primarily because they were the company that dealt with the manufacturer and knew the vehicle specs that the wheels were to be installed on.

To manufacture and ship wheels with the wrong offset and mis-packaged was too much. I decided that I did not want them to replace thw wheels with the proper ones, so I just returned them. But the final kick in the pants was that they charged me a 15% restock fee. Can you believe that ****? After going back and forth with them, they were clearly aware of the mistakes and issues on their part. And they still stuck it to me on the return. ACG exhibited bad customer service. I didn't even get to critique or try their product out. It was just bad, very bad business.

Thanks for sharing. I had only read good things about ACG until now.

15% re-stocking fee for a mistake they admitted? That's ridiculous. I would have fought tooth and nail and let the world know.

Sorry to hear that.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:23 AM

C63
Originally Posted by Even Money
Why anyone would order Forgestar wheels, I'll never understand. If after this, you still want to order their wheels...well, you get what you pay for.

I've never had an issue with ACG, but there's not a single company in business that hasn't had the occasional customer service issue.
Honestly, I just really liked how they looked.

You're absolutely right about the occasional hiccup in customer service. After a while, it's easy to tell the bs excuses from the real ones though. Tal was a nice guy and very apologetic, but that only gets so far with me when money is concerned. At that point I want full transparency.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:25 AM

C63
Originally Posted by tomespo
Lol I wouldn't be surprised if they were being finished overseas also. The finish is horrendous.
I didn't ask specifically, but Tal mentioned that as soon as they were finished he would drive over there to pick them up.

So I was under the impression the wheels were being done somewhere within driving distance of the shop.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
I didn't ask specifically, but Tal mentioned that as soon as they were finished he would drive over there to pick them up.

So I was under the impression the wheels were being done somewhere within driving distance of the shop.
I think everything Forgestar-related happens in or near Anaheim.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:19 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
07 RS4 sold, R53 Cooper S, 2008 Cayman S, 2012 GTR

Jim, I once again want to apologize on the behalf of ACG Automotive about your forgestar delays, we unfortunately can only regurgitate the information we are feed by forgestar. Sadly even after we have refunded you, we still do not have your wheels. Prior to refunding you, we had everything here (Tires, TPMS, Lug Bolts, Painted Calipers) siting and waiting for the notice that your forgestars would be completed. Forgestar is not close (2hour drive) but we would have make the trip the minute your wheels are completed to ensure that once things were in our hands that everything is expedited.

Attached is your credit card refund slip, if you would prefer i remove it please let me know... i have also attached our merchant settlement from that day to show that is was completely processed.

**Edited** Attachment removed via request of OP

Last edited by James@ACG; 08-16-2013 at 11:56 AM.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:26 AM
Banned

Jordan,

If you remember, your wheels were shipped directly from Forgestar to your location. Also after you notified us that the wheels did not fit, we asked that you make sure that you did not test fit the front wheel on the rear and vice versa. We also notified you that, that if the wheels were built incorrect no restocking fee would be charged. However once your wheels arrived to our office, we happen to have a C63 on the lift and we're able to test fit the wheels immediately. Once we confirmed fitment, you were given the option to take them back or pay the restocking fee.

After you we're refunded your exact wheels we're posted on this forum and sold to SB...C63

Photos of your wheels installed and mounted on a 2009 C63 can be found here:
https://mbworld.org/forums/5602196-post64.html

I'm sorry but I still to this day, do not feel that we mistreated you. It is fairly obvious that there were no issues with this CF5V order.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:28 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Roswell
LOL, I knew you would take this chance to share your experience Jordan... I couldn't believe you kept it all for you for all this time, but thanks for sharing it with me over emails a while ago.

I think you've been very professional about this, and this 15% restocking fees is pure BS. I'm glad you are finally sharing it.
I hope you can read my post above and understand why a restocking fee was charged. We simply can not take back a custom order because the customer doesnt like it. There are always 2 sides to a story.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:54 AM

2013 C63 AMG, 2013 B250
Well consider me to be the dissenting voice here but I'm pretty happy with my Forgestar wheels. While I did not order them from ACG my order was very fast... 3 weeks to the day from order confirmation to shipment. They were shipped to Canada direct from Forgestar and I had them mounted on the car less than a month after completing my order. Also no issues with the order process/communication either but perhaps that is down to my choice of vendor.

In terms of the wheels themselves, sure you get what you pay for but for the price I've very happy... I've had expensive forged wheels on my M3 but given I'm not sure how long I'll keep the C63 I didn't feel it was worth the expense. I got a set of four nice, stylish, decent quality wheels for less than the cost of 1 single HRE. Gotten nothing but compliments and I'm sure if I decide to sell I'll be able to flip them quick.

In terms of issues with Forgestar, IMO it is somewhat forgivable given the price point they sell for... how and why anyone would order a set of ADV.1 or other 'boutique' wheels for huge money and receive the same or worse delays, quality issues, etc is well beyond me. Forgestar likely just has some issues in their supply chain, powercoating vendor, communications etc... whereas some of the other companies are just straight run by crooks. IMO of course.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:16 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
a car

Jim,

As we have spoken on the phone many times about this issue, I have been nothing but apologetic and sincere when we have dealt together. If the refund hasn't posted to your account, that not unlike your Forgestar order, is completely out of my hands.

As you know, there is nothing we can do about Forgestar delays as we don't make them in house, nor can I do much about your account being credited other than what has already been done.

I had everything on your ticket, waiting for you here in house. Your tires, TPMS, lugs, even had your brake calipers sitting here, painted, ready to go for weeks (which has since killed other orders waiting in line). Only thing left on the list were your wheels, which to this day are still not done.

I understood your frustration with the situation and you insisting on a refund. No questions asked, I granted that for you.

The purpose of my response to your post on MBworld is simply to apologize. I hope you know there isn't anything that myself or ACG are trying to screw you over. Your money HAS already been refunded and I hope it makes its way back to your account sooner than later.

If you need anything else, you have my email and my direct office line.

Jordan,

Where do I begin what hasn't already been touched upon by James.

When you wanted to get a hold of me, I answered the phone. When you emailed, I responded. End of story.

I will go as deep as you want, but the fact is your wheels fit just fine... In fact, they are currently on a C63, being tracked.

Please, if you choose to respond in threads like these, at least be truthful.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
507 SEDAN
I do not want to get in a back and forth, as I have better use of my time. But I have a problem with someone calling me a liar. So here it is:

I sent them back because my tire guy would not install because of the tight fit. So, I was not able to get them installed and was going to go for a different size. I sent them back, you installed them on a C63 to verify fitment, which you did. But then; if I wanted the wheels back I was going to have to pay shipping, AGAIN, plus a charge for the man hours it took your shop to do the whole test fitment on your shops C63. Really? That was like paying 1/3 of the original order.

I liked the caliper exchange program, which I did through you. Assumed I'd be treated a little better as a repeat customer. You wanted a hefty fee to get me back the wheels I ordered in the first place. PERIOD.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
No offense man, but if you ordered wheels, had an installer tell you they (incorrectly) didnt fit, sent them back...then had the shop validate fitment...you really expect them to just eat the cost of shipping the wheels back to you? I get maybe some flexibility is warranted on the test fit $, but still....they delivered the order as promised, the fitment/associated hassle was your fault, not theirs, why should they pay?

Maybe I have it wrong...not being accusatory, just throwing my perception out there to be corrected if wrong.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by rory breaker
No offense man, but if you ordered wheels, had an installer tell you they (incorrectly) didnt fit, sent them back...then had the shop validate fitment...you really expect them to just eat the cost of shipping the wheels back to you? I get maybe some flexibility is warranted on the test fit $, but still....they delivered the order as promised, the fitment/associated hassle was your fault, not theirs, why should they pay?

Maybe I have it wrong...not being accusatory, just throwing my perception out there to be corrected if wrong.
I agree. Youre asking them to cover the cost of your mistake -thats not right. I dont understand how you could mess up the sizing since Forgestar sizes have been discussed over and over again on this forum.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by James@ACGAutomotive
I hope you can read my post above and understand why a restocking fee was charged. We simply can not take back a custom order because the customer doesnt like it. There are always 2 sides to a story.
It's definitely nice to hear both sides of the story, and u have good proof of fitment since they are now on another C63. So I can apologies for my comment, the fees are understandable.

I've seen the CF5V in person & they are indeed very close to the calipers, but they fit & this is the price to pay to get any kind of concavity in the rear of our cars. 3mm spacers is an easy fix for ppl who are not comfortable with clearance.

OP, hope u get ur refund soon & move on to another set of wheels quickly.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
I do not want to get in a back and forth, as I have better use of my time. But I have a problem with someone calling me a liar. So here it is:

I sent them back because my tire guy would not install because of the tight fit. So, I was not able to get them installed and was going to go for a different size. I sent them back, you installed them on a C63 to verify fitment, which you did. But then; if I wanted the wheels back I was going to have to pay shipping, AGAIN, plus a charge for the man hours it took your shop to do the whole test fitment on your shops C63. Really? That was like paying 1/3 of the original order.

I liked the caliper exchange program, which I did through you. Assumed I'd be treated a little better as a repeat customer. You wanted a hefty fee to get me back the wheels I ordered in the first place. PERIOD.
Just because your tire guy wouldn't install them doesn't mean they wouldn't fit. Should've taken them to another shop because I think it is pretty clear they fit just fine. Sure, they were aggressive and I bet the tire guy you went to didn't want the risk of you coming back with messed up fenders because he put those tires on your car.

OR

Have the tires mounted and put them on the car yourself.

This is not ACG's fault.

I've never bought/talked or anything with ACG but I feel as though the major issue here is just the delay from forgestar which almost everyone is aware of. Sometimes people get lucky and order the wheels when they are in stock (which has been mentioned here that it only took 3 weeks to get the wheels) but if they are out of stock it will take a long time. I get that when you spend thousands you want what you spent sooner than later.

Idk. I think the thread is reasonable and can still go both ways, but if that refund hits from ACG I think you should be sure to note that in here and the ACG did what they could at the mercy of forgestar.

And to ACG - maybe a lesson learned about dealing with forgestar?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My one bad experience with ACG Automotive