Sponsored by:

M3 drivers...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 09:23 PM

Received 61 Likes on 44 Posts
2013 C63
Originally Posted by Zeee_Q
It's all up to the driver and certain categories of drivers prefer certain cars over others although there are exceptions.

I know it won't solve any problems but why not just get in front of him and mess with him a little bit...jus saying you have the faster car. I had this kid in a Toyota Camry V6 tailgating me on the freeway with his high beams and flipping me off. As he pulled into the next lane to pass, I just sped up and blocked him off just enough and wait for him to start tailgating me again and brake check him a few times. He got the message after awhile and dropped back lol.
Hahahaha I would but that guy was road raging hard who knows what he would've done if I cut him off.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63, 335i
Originally Posted by izzy63
Hahahaha I would but that guy was road raging hard who knows what he would've done if I cut him off.
Yea no kidding haha. I try not to endanger other motorists when there are other cars.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
I love a lot of different cars and feel lucky to live in an area where I can admire a ton of them. I don't know why people get chips on their shoulders and have to be dicks. lol.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
Just yesterday an M3 driver backed into my car and took a lot of paint off the left corner of my bumper. I forgave him though, he was a good guy.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 794 Likes on 545 Posts
W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
It's all up to the driver and certain categories of drivers prefer certain cars over others although there are exceptions.

I know it won't solve any problems but why not just get in front of him and mess with him a little bit...jus saying you have the faster car. I had this kid in a Toyota Camry V6 tailgating me on the freeway with his high beams and flipping me off. As he pulled into the next lane to pass, I just sped up and blocked him off just enough and wait for him to start tailgating me again and brake check him a few times. He got the message after awhile and dropped back lol.
So, you are stooping down to his level, then? I gather you also drive a BMW?

Playing that game may also back-fire. Maybe he puts you in the wall or fires off a couple of rounds from his 9mm in your general direction. Not exactly the smartest move in the world then, is it?

If you're in the passing lane and there is a vehicle on your back that wants to go faster than you, why not just let the guy pass? Either speed up or get out of the way. You start pulling off that $h!t with another well-hung individual like yourself, all bets are off. Is that what you really want? Carnage? Endanger your own life and that of others because your little ego is hurt?

Old 08-19-2013, 01:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 107 Likes on 75 Posts
2018 AMG GTR, 2017 GLS63, 2019 C63s

Let me guess then. You were driving your 335 and not the C. Right?
Hehe, just kidding.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:20 AM

C63, 335i
Originally Posted by Diabolis

Playing that game may also back-fire. Maybe he puts you in the wall or fires off a couple of rounds from his 9mm in your general direction. Not exactly the smartest move in the world then, is it?

If you're in the passing lane and there is a vehicle on your back that wants to go faster than you, why not just let the guy pass? Either speed up or get out of the way. You start pulling off that $h!t with another well-hung individual like yourself, all bets are off. Is that what you really want? Carnage? Endanger your own life and that of others because your little ego is hurt?

Driving a BMW or whatever brand is no indicator of a person's "level" or how they behave on the road. Everyone drives differently and I'm sure everyone's done their fair share of stupid stuff that they regret when looking back. No one's perfect and obviously the important thing is to learn from those experiences. I was merely sharing one of my experiences and make what you will of it. It's not a debate about whether others should do this or that in X scenario and of course I'm aware of the million different things that could happen as a result.

Oh and the "ego" part? Come on...please...we're talking about a camry vs C63 now.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:22 AM

C63, 335i
Originally Posted by cyberorth
Let me guess then. You were driving your 335 and not the C. Right?
Hehe, just kidding.
Haha no I was in the C63. I don't even bother when I'm in the 335i. I know it's a relatively "slow" car compared to the C63 plus it's the newer N55. It's like the grocery getter lol.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
I brake check people all the time, especially on my bike. Tailgating is so not cool.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:08 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
'09 C63
Haha no I was in the C63. I don't even bother when I'm in the 335i. I know it's a relatively "slow" car compared to the C63 plus it's the newer N55. It's like the grocery getter lol.
Funny you should mention that...my driving behavior adapts to the car that I'm actually in. When I drive around in my parents' S430 I tend to drive like a grandpa, only because I know that the car is heavy and doesn't pick up quick.

On the other hand, in my C63, I sometimes almost drive borderline like an a**. But then I think of my fuel economy and calm down.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:56 AM

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
2012 C63 AMG, 1991 325iS. Ex: 2011 C63 P31
Brake checking is just plain down retarded. I will admit to getting up close to another car occasionally for brief periods. I don't do it to **** them off, but to let them know I would like to pass (obviously only if there is no car in front that is holding them up).
I often see cars cruising along with a whole string of guys behind waiting to overtake. The guy just doesn't move over because the person behind him is keeping a "safe" distance and it doesn't look like he wants to pass.

Just the way I see it
Old 08-20-2013, 07:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
Originally Posted by Diabolis

Awesome post.

Ill never understand brake checking and the aholes that do it. I could be going 100mph, if I see a car come up behind me faster, I move over, period end of story. Totally with you on the ego part, its a real shame that people choose their ego over being safe and generally courteous (vs hostile) to someone else.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by rory breaker
Awesome post.

Ill never understand brake checking and the aholes that do it. I could be going 100mph, if I see a car come up behind me faster, I move over, period end of story. Totally with you on the ego part, its a real shame that people choose their ego over being safe and generally courteous (vs hostile) to someone else.
Completely agree. My neighbor was braked checked a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, he didn't stop in time so the checker and checkee had a rather abrupt meeting on the highway.......
Old 08-20-2013, 12:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Sedan
Brake Checking baaaaddd. If you can move over just do it and get back in your lane, that's what I do.

Back to the original topic of M3 drivers, they do tend to be a little bit of jerks here in LA, but I think it's mostly an age thing. Met plenty of M3 drivers who were older and would admire the C63 just as I would admire their Ms.

Problem is out here, alot of the richer kids go out and are able to afford an M3 as a first or second car when they are under 20 thanks to daddy, which naturally makes for a bad driver in a fast car that wants to show off. I think its much more of an age = jerk driver in fast car than the car itself. It just so happens that more of the younger kids go for the M3 because its 0.001 seconds faster around the track than the Audi or Lexus or MB in alot of car magazines. You know, which obviously makes their car the best since its faster by a miniscule amount in the hands of a professional driver.
Old 08-02-2022, 05:56 AM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2006 CLS55 AMG
Lol, I’ve seen a ton of ******* M3 drivers here but I was also next to an E46 M3 driver in bumper to bumper traffic a few weeks ago who got excited when he saw my CLS55 and gave me a thumbs up when he went by… also mobbed to work with an F10 M5 a month or so ago and he also gave me a thumbs up when he hit his exit.
Old 08-02-2022, 10:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 218 Posts
12' W204 C63 AMG coupe "T-Rex", 12' W451 Smart Fortwo Pulse (99' W202 C43 AMG sold)
Wow that's a great thread revival from 2013...
The following users liked this post:
AMGSPY (08-02-2022)
Old 08-04-2022, 08:07 PM

Received 221 Likes on 142 Posts
2010 C63 AMG RIP. 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, 2013 C63 coupe
Originally Posted by Diablo_CLS55
Lol, I’ve seen a ton of ******* M3 drivers here but I was also next to an E46 M3 driver in bumper to bumper traffic a few weeks ago who got excited when he saw my CLS55 and gave me a thumbs up when he went by… also mobbed to work with an F10 M5 a month or so ago and he also gave me a thumbs up when he hit his exit.
Are you sure that was a thumbs and not the middle finger?
Old 08-05-2022, 03:19 AM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2006 CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by sventastic82
Are you sure that was a thumbs and not the middle finger?
Considering he had his window all the way down and I saw his thumb up, yes.