C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MHP/AR Gen 2 LT Header & X-Pipe Thread???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 10:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by MarkPamatat
i feel like im on a honda civic board with the bickering, and then all this talk about trap speeds and 1/4 miles that are slow as ***** lol. if its not running 8's as a daily driver, its not fast.

So who cares. put someones headers on and enjoy the sound of the car.. it sounds great, looks great, it drives great... but sorry.. its just not fast lol
8s as a daily driver, go bang your head. Worst comment in forum history.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360 Modena TT
Originally Posted by SLS Qatar
Hey his own previous customer, Jason, A.K.A BAD430Benz was also running his "Superior" Headers, and proudly switched to MBH and gained 40-50rwhp. Numbers dont lie.

Originally Posted by ShellURT

My recollection of Bad430Benz's swap was that he went to Dyna Comp (home of MBH) to have the swap done and NO dyno sheet was ever given to him or posted. He was just told a number. I'm really not sure what that proves.
The car was dynoed both (Prior and Post swap) at Weistec and dynocomp and both showed substantial gains. Go ask Weistec
I was sitting back and just reading but since my name has been brought into this , I will post my little $.02 and then let it go from there .

i'm not here to bash anyone because I have run both headers and had great customer service from both companies but this crap has gone on way too long .

I had the MHP setup when I was N/A . it made plenty of power but due to the slip-fit collectors , it started leak . we stuck the car up on the lift and noticed it was leaking pretty bad from multiple places . I was told by Andy to use a silicone to seal the gaps and was even sent extra tabs to weld on to the collector . I never welded new tabs but I did use the silicone and it worked for the leaks . a while passes..........

I decide to send my car to Weistec for the full treatment . the car gets delivered back to me but had a small hesitation and the exhaust leak decided to show it's ugly face again . I did some research and saw that MBH made headers with 2" primaries and from what I was told by many people , that was the way to go with the blower setup . I talked to Steve and told him I decided to send my car to Dyno-comp to switch headers and mids . Steve decided to contact Richard and try and fix the hesitation while it was at Dyno-comp , rather than sending it all the way back to Weistec . my dad decided he wanted to trailer the car to Dyno-comp so he could watch them do their thing . I had to stay back and take care of the family business .

my father called me and said that the car only made in the low 530s due to the issue . the headers and mids were switched to the MBH setup and the car made 570s . I didn't ask for dyno sheets or anything like that because the vehicle is not running correctly but it did gain power from switching headers and mids . after they were switched , Steve and Richard started sending files back and forth to fix the hesitation issue . in the end , the car had to go back to Weistec to get fixed and while there Steve upgraded my setup for my inconvenience . the car ended up making 641whp after being fixed and then upgraded .

so to sum it up........SLS QATAR is correct

my car made more power with the Weistec setup mated to the MBH setup . that's my story
Old 09-12-2013, 11:39 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 91 Likes on 46 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
I got about 30 min before I leave to head to the shop as I usually get there around 9-9:30AM Arizona time. Should I pose on the bender like a model?

You are right we did not make the springs in house. I posted a picture of the kit we built that happened to have the springs in the picture than you ran with it assuming that. Since the picture was intended to show the customer what they would be getting, don't you think it would be nice to include the springs they would be getting in the picture?

Here is some more custom work we've done

R8 exhaust

Ferrari exhaust

You are right, the prototype picture on the site has had about 3 design changes since. A design change right after the the prototype was made the a design tweak a few years ago, With that said we are on "Gen 3" with our C63 headers. Soon to be moving on to "Gen 4" We dont make a stink about little tweaks we have made to the header system to make it what we feel better. In fact we dont even call then "Gen" Anything. If swapping builders, MIG welding a collector on and adding an Xpipe to the mid-section is your idea that constitutes a "Gen 2" designation, that is your prerogative.

We will call this header "Gen I can't remember"

Last edited by MBH motorsports; 09-12-2013 at 11:44 AM.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
E55 amg
If I could do it all over again I would buy the MBH headers
Old 09-12-2013, 12:28 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

I never ask anything of my customers, I never ask them to endorse our product, hype it online or ask them to post in a thread. I never ask them to try and help boost my company.

We work hard to make and build top quality products, If people enjoy them, thats what makes me happy.

if there is a 3rd party test going on, we don't know about it. Some how Shell does? Then is hyping the test as if they already won. Sounds like a bias to the on set.

In the end though I could careless about that. I enjoy what I do, as well has making as many people as I can happy.
Old 09-12-2013, 01:38 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

This should put an end to the lies. I took the hat off my head and took each picture.

MBH Mandrel Bender

MBH muffler fab

MBH exhaust tip press dies

MBH muffler building parts

Old 09-12-2013, 01:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ
I was sitting back and just reading but since my name has been brought into this , I will post my little $.02 and then let it go from there .

i'm not here to bash anyone because I have run both headers and had great customer service from both companies but this crap has gone on way too long .

I had the MHP setup when I was N/A . it made plenty of power but due to the slip-fit collectors , it started leak . we stuck the car up on the lift and noticed it was leaking pretty bad from multiple places . I was told by Andy to use a silicone to seal the gaps and was even sent extra tabs to weld on to the collector . I never welded new tabs but I did use the silicone and it worked for the leaks . a while passes..........

I decide to send my car to Weistec for the full treatment . the car gets delivered back to me but had a small hesitation and the exhaust leak decided to show it's ugly face again . I did some research and saw that MBH made headers with 2" primaries and from what I was told by many people , that was the way to go with the blower setup . I talked to Steve and told him I decided to send my car to Dyno-comp to switch headers and mids . Steve decided to contact Richard and try and fix the hesitation while it was at Dyno-comp , rather than sending it all the way back to Weistec . my dad decided he wanted to trailer the car to Dyno-comp so he could watch them do their thing . I had to stay back and take care of the family business .

my father called me and said that the car only made in the low 530s due to the issue . the headers and mids were switched to the MBH setup and the car made 570s . I didn't ask for dyno sheets or anything like that because the vehicle is not running correctly but it did gain power from switching headers and mids . after they were switched , Steve and Richard started sending files back and forth to fix the hesitation issue . in the end , the car had to go back to Weistec to get fixed and while there Steve upgraded my setup for my inconvenience . the car ended up making 641whp after being fixed and then upgraded .

my car made more power with the Weistec setup mated to the MBH setup . that's my story

Im sorry but this is just idiotic to compare one header to another header when the car had a problem with something else and then state that mbh made 40 more horse lol. You had a leak and other issues, these cars run open loop and a exhaust leak by the 02 sensor is going to do all kinds of stupid things to the fuel trims.

if you think thats a good comparision you need to ooen your eyes. I could care less about what ppl buy, I state my experiences with these products and all have been good. Im sure mbh is awesome too. But that comparision is just plain blind. I heard you also added an x pipe with mbh setup, that alone will increase power to boot.
Old 09-12-2013, 01:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 894 Likes on 628 Posts
E63S | X5
That is some awesome stuff MBH. PM inbound!
Old 09-12-2013, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Here's what I got from all this.

ShellURT - Is a fanboy and probably shares his account with MHP Andy. I don't see how a customer can be so much involved in a performance shop when they don't directly own the business. Also his replies seems way too precise imo.

I read enough threads of MHP complaints in my time here to know I should probably steer clear.

To me ShellURT is doing more bad to MHP then good with all his talking smack to people here.

I wish ARH never teamed up with MHP. They probably wouldn't have if they knew all the drama that comes with MHP.

ARH name alone could sell plenty of C63 headers. They could also cut out the middle man MHP and make maximum profit?

I called ARH last year about a C63 header but they weren't making them yet. Now that they do, they had to team up with MHP. =(

MBH seems like a legit company which makes quality product. I wouldn't think twice if I wanted to order some parts from them.
Old 09-12-2013, 03:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
E55 amg
MHP is a total rip off ! I have a friend right now that is getting his 6.2 N/A E63 all hooked up meaning ECU, MBH headers, X-pipe, Ported and Polished Race heads, Cams. Before I helped point him in the right direction, he got quoted $5000 dollars for headers from MHP !
complete rip off. MBH can be had for under $3000
Old 09-12-2013, 03:22 PM

2009 AMG C63
Originally Posted by Merc63
8s as a daily driver, go bang your head. Worst comment in forum history.

hahaha.. well in the GTR world.. thats how it is all day.. car drives like a baby... and will trap mid 160's all day.

i guess 9's works.. but mid - high 10's is like a stock car these days lol
Old 09-12-2013, 03:30 PM

2009 AMG C63
MBH your exhausts look very nice! That r8 is sexy lol...

As far as MHP and Gen 1.. it seemed to have its issues, i was patient, and donated my car for the Gen2 development, and when American Racing was involved looked forward to them because they do top notch work. I have not 1 complaint at all with the new setup. Its unfortunate, MHP has this rep because i really have had nothing but quality service, and the products and tune has felt great. I have not had a chance to drive in another companies tuned c63 so who knows what the difference is like.

Im just glad my car is getting a Diff put in it this weekend, because thats the only thing that truthfully annoys me about this car lol
Old 09-12-2013, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
Originally Posted by MarkPamatat
hahaha.. well in the GTR world.. thats how it is all day.. car drives like a baby... and will trap mid 160's all day.

i guess 9's works.. but mid - high 10's is like a stock car these days lol
Are you crazy? I hope so.

Comparing a GTR to the C63 is like comparing a land rover to a mini cooper. AWD tuner car vs RWD luxury that happens to come with a 6+L engine.

Interesting.

10's is stock for cars these days? The gtr stock is a 10.87 and is hardly like every stock car on the road... Do you even know how fast 10's are/feel? That is stupid fast for a street car as is. And 8's?!?!?!!??! Wow.

Last edited by CarHopper; 09-12-2013 at 03:46 PM.
Old 09-12-2013, 03:47 PM

2009 AMG C63
well any sports car... Vettes, Vipers, Porches, GTR's, things like that, basically with a good set of tires run 10's all day.

The e63 probably will be very close and easily in the 10's with a basic tune. And thats a fat whale of a luxury car. Its crazy these days how fast these cars are out of the box. I remember 650whp in my Supra back in the late 90's was unbeatable for the most part.
Old 09-12-2013, 03:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
Right. But, you are talking a ZR1, Vipers, Porsche Turbo, GTR etc which are 100k+ cars.

I guess I need to remind myself I'm on a MB forum and those are everyday cars for many here.

The 5.5TT E63's are awesome though. Again, 100k+
Old 09-12-2013, 03:59 PM

2009 AMG C63
Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
Right. But, you are talking a ZR1, Vipers, Porsche Turbo, GTR etc which are 100k+ cars.

I guess I need to remind myself I'm on a MB forum and those are everyday cars for many here.

The 5.5TT E63's are awesome though. Again, 100k+

yea but lucky for us.. MB AMG cars seem to depreciate at an insane rate. I am looking at a 2014 AWD E63 to purchase probably in the 2016 area. Keep my c63 for 3 years and cycle threw like that.. This way you eat up the big loss each time, just hunt for a nice low mileage elderly owner
Old 09-12-2013, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
Yea my plan is a 2012 e63 come spring time for <65-70k. I like the older front ends more than the 2014's
Old 09-12-2013, 04:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
Couldn't have said it better.

The point of this thread is not who has the best headers (too many factors are involved to determine this- almost like the tuning war). It's more about Shell trying to help MHP, but instead is hurting MHP reputation badly by talking too much.. This is beyond my comprehension.

I'm not even in the market for headers (so NO I'm not an MBH fanboy) but after reading all this crap.. No one in their right mind will chose MHP over MBH based on their professionalism & customer service.

Originally Posted by linjy2
Here's what I got from all this.

ShellURT - Is a fanboy and probably shares his account with MHP Andy. I don't see how a customer can be so much involved in a performance shop when they don't directly own the business. Also his replies seems way too precise imo.

I read enough threads of MHP complaints in my time here to know I should probably steer clear.

To me ShellURT is doing more bad to MHP then good with all his talking smack to people here.

I wish ARH never teamed up with MHP. They probably wouldn't have if they knew all the drama that comes with MHP.

ARH name alone could sell plenty of C63 headers. They could also cut out the middle man MHP and make maximum profit?

I called ARH last year about a C63 header but they weren't making them yet. Now that they do, they had to team up with MHP. =(

MBH seems like a legit company which makes quality product. I wouldn't think twice if I wanted to order some parts from them.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by ShellURT
With friends like ShellURT (speaking on behalf of) AR who needs enemies? Sad bro. Very sad.
Two can play ShellF*RT's substitution game. Nick...best of luck with making a good first impression, LOL!

Last edited by bhamg; 09-12-2013 at 07:32 PM.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:05 PM
Banned

c63
Mike,

Dont worry About insects. We all know what quality headers you bring to the table and is currently runnig on the fastest M156. The insect keeps talking about ET's and records targeted in cold weather and best DA conditions. Let us see him trapping those "Record" Et's in the west coast if he had some *****. He was called up to race Evosport's C63 in the West Coast and he ran away like a chicken..go figure. Moreover, his customer here in the UAE running MHP Tune/Header was elapsing 12.4 at the YAS drag. His customer also got smoked by some C63's from PP-Performance in the UAE

BTW, ByDesign Motorsports is a BIG performance shop in KSA. you can contact them and verify this. They had two simialry tuned C63's (Base Header tune and neither was custom). One had MHP and the other had MBH. The one with the MBH headers runs faster, Period. both were also Vbox tested and the one runnin with MBH was elapsing quicker times.

All the Weistec SC M156's running with MBH headers are making well over 600rwhp even the stage 2 cars from every part of the world. that includes my brother's 670rwhp SL63.It has been confirmed with the guys from Weistec that MBH makes more power with thier blowers. PERIOD!. Hey his own previous customer, Jason, A.K.A BAD430Benz was also running his "Superior" Headers, and proudly switched to MBH and gained 40-50rwhp. Numbers dont lie.

BTW, Shell URT is %200 Andrew Cluck. I dont know how you are misleading the admins of this great forum, but I have argued with you alot and read many of your pathetic posts to actually know that its you posting.
Agreed!

Last edited by Vader63; 09-12-2013 at 05:08 PM.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:08 PM
Banned

c63
Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ

Old 09-12-2013, 05:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360 Modena TT
Im sorry but this is just idiotic to compare one header to another header when the car had a problem with something else and then state that mbh made 40 more horse lol. You had a leak and other issues, these cars run open loop and a exhaust leak by the 02 sensor is going to do all kinds of stupid things to the fuel trims.

if you think thats a good comparision you need to ooen your eyes. I could care less about what ppl buy, I state my experiences with these products and all have been good. Im sure mbh is awesome too. But that comparision is just plain blind. I heard you also added an x pipe with mbh setup, that alone will increase power to boot.
i'm glad you know so much more than me but i'm just stating the fact that it made more power when I switched setups . I have never hid the fact that the car was having an issue initially . I simply stated that the car made 530ish whp with the MHP setup and then made 570ish with the MBH right after that . maybe it had to do with the many exhaust leaks coming from the slip-fit collectors ???

like I said before , i'm only telling the story of what happened to me . the car was put on the dyno by Richard and kept hesitating at the same point after full throttle with both MHP and MBH setups .
Old 09-12-2013, 05:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 040 Black C63, 2009 Arctic White G55, 2012 Storm Red CLS550 4Matic
MBH FTW....MHP as a company is complete garbage. MBH, Thank you for providing a great product for the C63 market.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:35 PM
Banned

E63 Biturbo

That is 100% true. Worst comparison ever.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:39 PM
Banned

E63 Biturbo
Thumbs up Did I Call It With the Fanboys? LOL

Originally Posted by MBH motorsports
We will call this header "Gen I can't remember"

Thank You!!!!

Driver's side header, I see 6 non parallel cut and welds alone. Filler rod in at least 4 of those same welds. That is what I'm talking about as far as lack of quality in design & construction. Evidently these weren't major concerns of yours (even though a novice exhaust shop knows what a cheater bend is) in the 4 redesigns you kept on the DL.

Case proven by your own pics. Non arguable facts. Finally.

Fan boys keep it up, none of you even know what you're looking at LOL.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MHP/AR Gen 2 LT Header & X-Pipe Thread???