C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MHP/AR Gen 2 LT Header & X-Pipe Thread???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 05:41 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 Biturbo
Originally Posted by Chris420
MBH FTW....MHP as a company is complete garbage. MBH, Thank you for providing a great product for the C63 market.

Just like every other fanboy. Post your MHP receipt, then your complaint, or just go back to the sandbox.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:44 PM
Banned

E63 Biturbo
Originally Posted by MBH motorsports
I never ask anything of my customers, I never ask them to endorse our product, hype it online or ask them to post in a thread. I never ask them to try and help boost my company.

We work hard to make and build top quality products, If people enjoy them, thats what makes me happy.

if there is a 3rd party test going on, we don't know about it. Some how Shell does? Then is hyping the test as if they already won. Sounds like a bias to the on set.

In the end though I could careless about that. I enjoy what I do, as well has making as many people as I can happy.
I know what the results will be as we've seen Gen 1 headers with X vs yours already. We know the Gen 2s are better. Once posted I don't think you'll be able to say anything about the testing, or the shop, but that's just MHO.

Last time www.dragtimes.com www.6speedonline.com

Facts, numbers, data. You have none by comparison.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:49 PM
Banned

E63 Biturbo
Originally Posted by AMG E Power
MHP is a total rip off ! I have a friend right now that is getting his 6.2 N/A E63 all hooked up meaning ECU, MBH headers, X-pipe, Ported and Polished Race heads, Cams. Before I helped point him in the right direction, he got quoted $5000 dollars for headers from MHP !
complete rip off. MBH can be had for under $3000
Yeah? Who's cams and heads is he going to use?

Good thing he's got a friend like you

QFP.

Old 09-12-2013, 05:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360 Modena TT
Originally Posted by Merc63
Im sorry but this is just idiotic to compare one header to another header when the car had a problem with something else and then state that mbh made 40 more horse lol. You had a leak and other issues, these cars run open loop and a exhaust leak by the 02 sensor is going to do all kinds of stupid things to the fuel trims.

if you think thats a good comparision you need to ooen your eyes. I could care less about what ppl buy, I state my experiences with these products and all have been good. Im sure mbh is awesome too. But that comparision is just plain blind. I heard you also added an x pipe with mbh setup, that alone will increase power to boot.
have you dynoed your car ? if you did , what did it make ?
Old 09-12-2013, 05:52 PM
Banned

E63 Biturbo
Originally Posted by linjy2
Here's what I got from all this.

ShellURT - Is a fanboy and probably shares his account with MHP Andy. I don't see how a customer can be so much involved in a performance shop when they don't directly own the business. Also his replies seems way too precise imo.

I read enough threads of MHP complaints in my time here to know I should probably steer clear.

To me ShellURT is doing more bad to MHP then good with all his talking smack to people here.

I wish ARH never teamed up with MHP. They probably wouldn't have if they knew all the drama that comes with MHP.

ARH name alone could sell plenty of C63 headers. They could also cut out the middle man MHP and make maximum profit?

I called ARH last year about a C63 header but they weren't making them yet. Now that they do, they had to team up with MHP. =(

MBH seems like a legit company which makes quality product. I wouldn't think twice if I wanted to order some parts from them.
You should ask for receipts or proof of order for anyone bashing MHP, because you won't find any actual customers just competitors fanboys talking **** just like in this thread. That's the beauty of the internet.

No matter what kind of car you drive there's a pile of fanboys dying to tell you what to do with it based on what they know. Sadly what they "know" is what they are told, which doesnt amount to much objectively.

Look at the numbers, then make a decision. mthis had a good quote in his sig: Men lie, women lie, numbers dont lie.

Old 09-12-2013, 05:54 PM
Banned

c63
Originally Posted by ShellURT
Thank You!!!!

Driver's side header, I see 6 non parallel cut and welds alone. Filler rod in at least 4 of those same welds. That is what I'm talking about as far as lack of quality in design & construction. Evidently these weren't major concerns of yours (even though a novice exhaust shop knows what a cheater bend is) in the 4 redesigns you kept on the DL.

Case proven by your own pics. Non arguable facts. Finally.

Fan boys keep it up, none of you even know what you're looking at LOL.
WAIT WAIT WAIT. So you're saying no filler rod should be used and they should be fused?
Old 09-12-2013, 05:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
E55 amg
Yeah? Who's cams and heads is he going to use?

Good thing he's got a friend like you

QFP.

Weistec same ppl u get ur tunes from then try to mark them up and claim they are MHP lmao Pathetic
Old 09-12-2013, 05:55 PM
Banned

E63 Biturbo
Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ
If your car had leaking collectors then you swapped to a non leaking header, your quoted gains aren't accurate from a design standpoint.

That's just like having a 55K M113 with bad IC pump testing a tune, then replacing the pump with a different functional unit swapping tunes and giving all the credit to the tune.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:58 PM
Banned

E63 Biturbo
Originally Posted by AMG E Power
Weistec same ppl u get ur tunes from then try to mark them up and claim they are MHP lmao Pathetic
I don't have tunes, but thanks anyway.

MHP had ported heads before Weistec was even formed. IIRC they are less expensive as well. MHP hand ports, Weistec CNCs. Thank you for showing the members you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Weistec doesn't make cams for the M156 either.

Do you know what "QFP" means?

You will in about 2 weeks (this is non related to this thread or anything C63 for those not in the loop).
Old 09-12-2013, 06:04 PM
Banned

E63 Biturbo
Originally Posted by Vader63
WAIT WAIT WAIT. So you're saying no filler rod should be used and they should be fused?
I'm saying a properly designed header should have NO filler rod in it whatsoever. Nor should it have any cheater bends.

I like the new screen name. Formerly tomespo "Thomas Esposito" powdercoater, stick to powdercoating.
Old 09-12-2013, 06:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360 Modena TT
If your car had leaking collectors then you swapped to a non leaking header, your quoted gains aren't accurate from a design standpoint.

That's just like having a 55K M113 with bad IC pump testing a tune, then replacing the pump with a different functional unit swapping tunes and giving all the credit to the tune.
not real sure what this answer to my question means but.....ok .

i'm stating that I had an MHP setup and switched to MBH and made more power . had nothing to do with the tune because that stayed the same . it had everything to do with the headers and mids . in the last statement from Merc63 , he said he noticed that I also added an x-pipe and that would also give me more power.......ummmm yeah , which is why I switched setups . if the x-pipe helped that much more , why was I not offered an x-pipe when buying the MHP goodies ?

I switched because I wanted to make more power and that's exactly what happened.......so i'm happy and that's what counts .

same question back to Merc63.....have you dynoed your car and what did it make ? I ask because we basically have the same setup as far as performance parts goes......and don't come back and say it's 2 different dynos in 2 different locations and 2 different temps . I know they won't be exact but it will give an idea of how close the 2 setups are
Old 09-12-2013, 06:15 PM
Banned

E63 Biturbo
not real sure what this answer to my question means but.....ok .

i'm stating that I had an MHP setup and switched to MBH and made more power . had nothing to do with the tune because that stayed the same . it had everything to do with the headers and mids . in the last statement from Merc63 , he said he noticed that I also added an x-pipe and that would also give me more power.......ummmm yeah , which is why I switched setups . if the x-pipe helped that much more , why was I not offered an x-pipe when buying the MHP goodies ?

I switched because I wanted to make more power and that's exactly what happened.......so i'm happy and that's what counts .

same question back to Merc63.....have you dynoed your car and what did it make ? I ask because we basically have the same setup as far as performance parts goes......and don't come back and say it's 2 different dynos in 2 different locations and 2 different temps . I know they won't be exact but it will give an idea of how close the 2 setups are

Ok that went over your head let's try again.

If a part isn't working correctly, then you test a car and get results you can't directly correlate those results to the ones you get after testing with a replaced part that's not broken.

Do you get it?
Old 09-12-2013, 06:15 PM
Banned

c63
I'm saying a properly designed header should have NO filler rod in it whatsoever. Nor should it have any cheater bends.

I like the new screen name. Formerly tomespo "Thomas Esposito" powdercoater, stick to powdercoating.
Actually I had to make a new username because my other account is temporary suspended. No hiding it! As you can see I posted in my for sale thread saying that its me ... As I told Andy when he called me yesterday I have never heard of someone building headers that are fused. I previously had a mid section that was fused and EVERY weld cracked. Also I will STICK to powder coating

Last edited by Vader63; 09-12-2013 at 06:17 PM.
Old 09-12-2013, 06:17 PM

2009 AMG C63
bad 430 the dyno thing is really a tough call.. i know where your coming from, but he's probably better running down the 1/4 and seeing what MPH he traps.

I dynoed my GTR at 4 different events within the same month and pretty much same conditions for the most part. + or - 10 degrees. and my car showed 1030 on one dyno and as much as 1280 on the other dyno.. but i know trapping 163 with the car is much easier to get an all around whp figure
Old 09-12-2013, 06:19 PM

CLK63 Black Series
Andy's mouthpiece at it again. This time trying to hype their headers. I seem to remember a thread that Andy posted on another forum a while back under the username "Jbond" where he lied about who he was and tried to discredit Renntech headers...but was as usual exposed for being the snake in the grass that he is.

A few excerpts from that thread that are almost word for word what ShellURT has posted here:

Originally Posted by Jbond
Now let me ask you one. If I was related to MHP what difference would it make as long as all info was legit? I'm not saying that's the case but amg4v's whole schpiel was based on "lies" when in fact there were none in my posts but his only one is chalk full of them.

No, I'm not a RENNTECH competitor, and why shouldn't I be talking? We are here to share legit info right? Or is this going to be another MBW now?
Originally Posted by MHP LLC
No jbond is not me, sorry.

The difference between fake usernames like AMG4V and in this case jbond is going through their post history, one posts facts, the other was specifically created out of boredom and idiocy, and does no one any good. Just search through the posts to confirm. Waste of bandwidth.
My interpretation of jbonds post was to get the tuner to step up and take responsibility.
Originally Posted by MHP LLC
jbond isn't an employee, and isn't me, so enjoy chasing your tail on this one and don't claim to know as fact what you do not.
Above quote....Andy likes to discuss "facts". Apparently so does JBond and ShellURT LOL.

This next quote from Jbond/Andy is what I found really funny. Remember, Andy is posting in this thread openly as MHP LLC, and Andy is also posting in the same thread disguised as Jbond. However, in this quote Jbond refers to himself in the third person instead of saying "MY". Guess he forgot what username he was posting under LOL:

Are you standing on the ceiling again? If that's what you take from jbond's posts (going through all of them) then I'm sorry you've truly missed the boat. If by "derailing" you mean calling someone's lies posted as the truth, I guess you hit the nail on the head.
Andy isn't my father or my boss, like it or not we can post whatever we want as long as it's factual info, I may get *****ed at over this but then again I don't really care.

That thread can be found here, click on the second link displayed to read it in it's complete hilarity.

https://www.google.com/search?q=jbon...ient=firefox-a
Old 09-12-2013, 06:27 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 91 Likes on 46 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
Thank You!!!!

Driver's side header, I see 6 non parallel cut and welds alone. Filler rod in at least 4 of those same welds. That is what I'm talking about as far as lack of quality in design & construction. Evidently these weren't major concerns of yours (even though a novice exhaust shop knows what a cheater bend is) in the 4 redesigns you kept on the DL.

Case proven by your own pics. Non arguable facts. Finally.

Fan boys keep it up, none of you even know what you're looking at LOL.

When you weld a header to you just fuse it together with out any welding rod at all? Thats now you make a header that will crack. Our welds are stronger than the metal they are welded to. You clearly know nothings about welding, purge welding, building a header or anything t do with making a header.

For your ignorance, We use a 6" rule when it comes to bends on the same tube. You can't have 2 bends within 6" of each other. Shall I post pictures of your headers that do the same thing?

Here you go again Andy, posting useless crap to try and make our product look bad. However no one is buying into your madness. Your credibility has long sense been tossed out the window. It's sad really to see you unravel like this.

Let me ask you this do you just fuse the headers together with out welding rod? We only do that to tack a small spot on the joint. I'm talking small like a freckle on your body small. If you just fuse the two pipes together you get a weak joint that will crack. Why? Because you are taking metal away from the tubing to use in the fusing process. We chamfer each joint then then use TIG Rod so we dont take metal away from the tubing. I even searched you tube, (took 2 seconds) to show you a random welder that also say fuse welding is not good for structural means. In this case headers, where they get put to a stress test every time you drive. Fuse weld away if you want a cracked header.

You called us out on not being able to make mufflers, Tips, and we didn't have a bender. I proceeded to correct the things you were saying by taking pictures today of our tools and some of the stuff we make. I even took the hat off my head to try and help you see.

If you want to start making your own stuff I have a great working Delta Bandsaw Im putting on Craigslist. Its a 14" bandsaw with a 6" raiser block kit powered by a 2hp motor. all yours to start your own shop for $350. It's old but it works great. It's never claimed any fingers yet. PM me if you want, I toss it on a pallet and send it to you.
Old 09-12-2013, 06:30 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 91 Likes on 46 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
Thank God this thread is over, with Shell being banned. I wish you folk the best and I'm sorry you all had to be put through this mess. It's not what we want at all, but we will defend our work and keep offering quality part and exclusive MBworld pricing. For that I think Ill offer an MBwould only sale for your torubles of haveing to look and read all this mess. PM I'll gt you a great deal on anything we offer.

Best regards -Mike
Old 09-12-2013, 06:37 PM
Banned

c63
Thank you for the voicemail Andy. Because your call yesterday wasn't enough. I will continue to powder coat .. Guess this guy doesn't know what he is doing then. He is using filler rod
Old 09-12-2013, 06:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
If you want to start making your own stuff I have a great working Delta Bandsaw Im putting on Craigslist. Its a 14" bandsaw with a 6" raiser block kit powered by a 2hp motor. all yours to start your own shop for $350. It's old but it works great. It's never claimed any fingers yet. PM me if you want, I toss it on a pallet and send it to you.

This made me LOL

Andy got own3d again! Best success Mike!

Last edited by Roswell; 09-12-2013 at 06:49 PM.
Old 09-12-2013, 06:47 PM

CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by MBH motorsports
Thank God this thread is over, with Shell being banned. I wish you folk the best and I'm sorry you all had to be put through this mess. It's not what we want at all, but we will defend our work and keep offering quality part and exclusive MBworld pricing. For that I think Ill offer an MBwould only sale for your torubles of haveing to look and read all this mess. PM I'll gt you a great deal on anything we offer.

Best regards -Mike
Stand up guy right there. If anything comes from this thread, Mike....it'll be more customers coming your way thanks to ShellURT LOL.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:29 PM

2012 C63 AMG BS, 2010 DUCATI 1198S
So who's going to pay for my psychologist?
Old 09-12-2013, 07:40 PM

2011 C63AMG P31
Nice information about headers
Old 09-12-2013, 07:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG

No I haven't, dyno's dont mean much to me, you see plenty of cars on here with their dyno sheets, same car, same mods and the numbers are all over the place. I remember I had my car dyno'd once when it had just a Renntech tune, it was extremely low. Not sure if it was the dyno or what... But they had a file from a stock SL63 and I was 2hp under what he put down so that made me happy. Since that experience, ive never cared to go back.

I like to spend my time at the race track, where you can talk dyno numbers all day long till your blue in the face, but the little yellow light at the finish line doesn't lie.

I just want to be clear, Im not defending MHP or anyone. I state my experiences with the vendors and parts that I use as candidly as I can.

Im not trying to be a *****, but Ive spoke to you before regarding the mhp vs mhb headers and you said you gained 40rwhp hp. That's very misleading, especially now that other guys are spewing it out and forgetting these minor details.. You didn't mention this back then which is why Im so surprised now because the leak and added X pipe is a game changer in my mind. I specifically asked Weistec if I should switch because of our convo and they said no, mhp headers are fine, just make sure your collectors doen't leak.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
For Shell/Andy and Nick/AR...has there ever been a better example of that time-worn saying "Stupid is as stupid does?"
Old 09-12-2013, 08:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 Barolo red C63 AMG (SOLD).13' P31 c63 coupe 2012 porsche panamera
I think both should give me free headers to test them both out. Just kidding, sort of. MBH will always be ahead in the customer service department. Thats it. A company is only as good as its customer service, can't ever stress it enough.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MHP/AR Gen 2 LT Header & X-Pipe Thread???