Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tint on demand?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2013 | 06:47 PM

Obsidian Black 2009 C63 w/ P30 Package
Originally Posted by jrcart
6 tint tickets WTF??? Did they write you one for each window??? That's nuts...worse than the Chicago cops. The city of Chicago fought the law being changed and even changed the city ordinance so tints were still illegal in the city limits, last I heard they were being sued over it becasue the way the law is written here in IL is that wherever the vehicle is registered their equipment laws become valid. Meaning I live out in the burbs but if I drive into the city with tints the city could still ticket me but the law says that's illegal since where I live and the vehicle resides and is registered the tints are legal, I guess you could call it a grandfather law. A few years ago the city of Chicago was writing no front plate tickets to out of state visitors whose states do not require or even provide front plates
I believe the new law is you can tint however dark your windows in the back but wont be able to tint the front two at all or tint all around but has to be no darker than 35%.

Some cops/ meter maids still dont know the rules here in Chicago and will still go ahead and write your a ticket no matter what.

I contemplated tinting mine to 35% all around but wont have the time to fight them in court even thou I will win.
Old 10-14-2013 | 06:58 PM
Banned

'16 C63-S
Originally Posted by avery.whss
Wrong...I tried this...I have sensitive skin to the sun because I work from home on the computer and I'm inside 90% of the day...I had a doctors note etc etc..cops and driving place basically told me nope..even if you have cancer you can just wear sunglasses - atleast this is how it is in canada
Not sensitive skin. Sensitive eyes. Have your sunglasses nearby at all time. I got pulled over quite a few times after I got the prescription, it works fine. It's funny but the lexus attracts a lot of attention from the cops. More than the CL ever did.. The headlights are too bright at night time lol