Ordered a 507

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 07:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 507
Ordered a 507

Hello everyone, new member on board.

Ordered a 507 coupe a few weeks ago and starting to learn about all of the cool C63 options and mods here, pretty exciting

This would be my first MB so I wanted to ask if anyone knows what status updates from MB I should be asking for from the dealer to confirm that the order is placed correctly and in progress, etc. For other vehicles I know some system statuses such as "Confirmed", "Locked In", "Build Date" etc. but no experience with MB build processes or systems so any help is appreciated. Great forum here BTW!
Old 10-15-2013, 09:47 AM

C63 AMG Edition 507 Coupe
Originally Posted by Giedreb
Hello everyone, new member on board.

Ordered a 507 coupe a few weeks ago and starting to learn about all of the cool C63 options and mods here, pretty exciting

This would be my first MB so I wanted to ask if anyone knows what status updates from MB I should be asking for from the dealer to confirm that the order is placed correctly and in progress, etc. For other vehicles I know some system statuses such as "Confirmed", "Locked In", "Build Date" etc. but no experience with MB build processes or systems so any help is appreciated. Great forum here BTW!
Hi, and welcome to the forum. I'm fairly new myself. You're right, lots of great info, plenty of aficionados with loads of experience. As to the ordering process, whilst i don't know where you're based, I will assume that the MB process is pretty much the same for all customers, irrespective of location.

To ensure that your car is indeed slated for production, you must insist on the dealer providing you with a "commission number". This number will be the reference key to understanding when your car will actually be produced. Until you have that number, you cannot be certain of the production date. Obviously, following production, you should be able to obtain VIN (and the full Tech Details spec sheet, listing engine number and options you selected, among other things). With the VIN you can then track the shipping of your car. BUT, commission number is first. Good luck!
Old 10-15-2013, 02:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
507 SEDAN
You better post up pics when you get her!!!!
Old 10-15-2013, 06:12 PM

C63 507
Will most definitely post pics

Thanks for the info, I'll try and push for this information from the dealer - it has been almost three weeks since I placed the order.

I am mostly concerned about the dealership's ability in fulfilling the order, especially after having read in a thread here mention how you can't order 507's anymore due to part unavailability.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
507 SEDAN
Your dealer should be able to pull up the production/build/ship info at any given time. They may not be able to tell you exactly where the car is once it hits stateside, but other than that they will have a pretty clear indication as to what stage your car is in.

As far as availability, I wouldn't worry too much. The sedans are no longer being built, but as far as everyone knows, the coupes are still rolling. The fact that your dealer was still able to input your car order and it was build-able, I would rest semi-easy in the fact that you will get your coupe.

When waiting for my sedan I bugged the dealer a lot, because I was so excited and anxious, about the status of my car. Every time he would pull up the realtime info and was able to show me all the stages of my car's build and ship.

Can't wait to see the pics!!!!
Old 10-16-2013, 06:43 AM

2014 C 6.3 507 on order, 2008 BMW 335XI
You should be okay. I was one of the ones who lost my Sedan order. I did get a coupe order in however. At first I wasn't feeling the coupe but after some time I'm good with it. Good luck
Old 10-16-2013, 09:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 507, 911 Carrera, Range Rover, Disco
I would still press for confirmation - I was waiting on the same information from my dealer and they confirmed that both sedans and coupes were no longer able to be fulfilled due to running out of parts. This was as of last Thursday. I was after a sedan not coupe but that is the information that was passed to me.

This made me scramble and when starting to look around for cars that were not already customer cars and sitting on dealer lots - pickings were slim. 4 out of the 10 I called about were sold within a few days.

Just get a confirmation from your dealer that in fact your coupe made it into the que - be persistent and ask for a guarantee.

My dealer spent over a week getting confirmation - they are the largest in the NOVA area, AMG performance center and my specific dealer has been working there and with MB for over 30 years...so they knew who to talk to to get the right info, which came directly from MB distribution.

I luckily found one but they had to trade a car for it to get it into their inventory...I pick it up in a few days.

Good Luck
Old 10-16-2013, 10:10 AM

C63 507
Originally Posted by ParkerK
I would still press for confirmation - I was waiting on the same information from my dealer and they confirmed that both sedans and coupes were no longer able to be fulfilled due to running out of parts. This was as of last Thursday. I was after a sedan not coupe but that is the information that was passed to me.

This made me scramble and when starting to look around for cars that were not already customer cars and sitting on dealer lots - pickings were slim. 4 out of the 10 I called about were sold within a few days.

Just get a confirmation from your dealer that in fact your coupe made it into the que - be persistent and ask for a guarantee.

My dealer spent over a week getting confirmation - they are the largest in the NOVA area, AMG performance center and my specific dealer has been working there and with MB for over 30 years...so they knew who to talk to to get the right info, which came directly from MB distribution.

I luckily found one but they had to trade a car for it to get it into their inventory...I pick it up in a few days.

Good Luck
Thanks, that's what I am trying to do now. So unless they give me a "commission number" I have no guarantee that the car will be produced, correct or is there something else that qualifies as confirmation?
Old 10-18-2013, 09:48 PM

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
2017 C63S Coupe
You MUST get the PO #

Here's the official deal your looking at. All vehicles with Benz are put in the order system, and if accepted are given a PO#. At that point the PO is Labeled "green" "yellow" or "red". Green means changes are still allowed, yellow means changes must be approved, and red means car is locked with NO changes allowed. By the time the car goes "Red" it should have an estimated production start date.
FYI, all 507's are already in the system and are "Red". Note, I said all red should have a production date. This is true for cars that are set for production usually within the next three months. Sedan production ends this November and all of those PO's went red in June/July latest. Someone out there may??? Find a coupe that is yellow but I doubt it. I don't believe a production end date has officially been announced for the coupe. I do believe that all the allocations for any 507 are used and therefore if a dealer tried to order one and put it in the system it would be rejected and therefore no PO.
Every dealer has easy access to checking the status of any PO so there should be no delay or pushback if your name is assigned to a PO.
That was the long version of GET YOUR PO number or continue to drink from the "hope spring".

Also, the term "commission number" is definitely used for Porsche but not Mercedes.

Last edited by 507AMG; 10-18-2013 at 09:51 PM.
Old 10-19-2013, 03:44 AM

C63 AMG Edition 507 Coupe
Originally Posted by 507AMG
Here's the official deal your looking at. All vehicles with Benz are put in the order system, and if accepted are given a PO#. At that point the PO is Labeled "green" "yellow" or "red". Green means changes are still allowed, yellow means changes must be approved, and red means car is locked with NO changes allowed. By the time the car goes "Red" it should have an estimated production start date.
FYI, all 507's are already in the system and are "Red". Note, I said all red should have a production date. This is true for cars that are set for production usually within the next three months. Sedan production ends this November and all of those PO's went red in June/July latest. Someone out there may??? Find a coupe that is yellow but I doubt it. I don't believe a production end date has officially been announced for the coupe. I do believe that all the allocations for any 507 are used and therefore if a dealer tried to order one and put it in the system it would be rejected and therefore no PO.
Every dealer has easy access to checking the status of any PO so there should be no delay or pushback if your name is assigned to a PO.
That was the long version of GET YOUR PO number or continue to drink from the "hope spring".

Also, the term "commission number" is definitely used for Porsche but not Mercedes.
be it as it may, this is the term my dealer (and couple of others in Melbourne) used. fundamentally same thing. didn't know about the traffic lights system, although the dealer did explained to me that whilst commission number is given at some stage the car is "locked in", ie no more changes to the spec.
Old 10-19-2013, 02:18 PM

C63 507
Yea, I'm still waiting for an answer, been pressing pretty hard. Latest is that some regional blah blah will hear from someone in Germany and get the final word on Monday. I'm not holding my breath, at this point it feels like this is sliding off the rails.
Old 10-19-2013, 02:28 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55
Originally Posted by 507in2013
Hi, and welcome to the forum. I'm fairly new myself. You're right, lots of great info, plenty of aficionados with loads of experience. As to the ordering process, whilst i don't know where you're based, I will assume that the MB process is pretty much the same for all customers, irrespective of location.

To ensure that your car is indeed slated for production, you must insist on the dealer providing you with a "commission number". This number will be the reference key to understanding when your car will actually be produced. Until you have that number, you cannot be certain of the production date. Obviously, following production, you should be able to obtain VIN (and the full Tech Details spec sheet, listing engine number and options you selected, among other things). With the VIN you can then track the shipping of your car. BUT, commission number is first. Good luck!
I work for a Benz store and what you want to ask for is the "PO Number". Each vehicle that is produced has a unique number assigned to it and the dealer can be used for tracking.
Old 10-19-2013, 03:57 PM

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
2017 C63S Coupe
LOL...... I just wrote a Novel about the NEED for the PO three posts before this one. Not only does he need the PO to see if it's a real car that's going to be built but he needs his Name assigned to it.