Time for 1st oil change...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 06:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by 2012C63AMG
OK then why not ask your buddies how to change your oil or just come over and do it yourself?

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-t...al-purple.html

Guy sent his oil for independent lab testing, compared RP to Mobile 1.

"as I believe"

Numbers and evidence is all I care about, be it tuners who mislead by posting non corrected numbers to make it seem like they are pumping out more HP, to what type of oil we throw in our cars. Debate is good, it prevents future failures for some.
So because I have buddies who are knowledgeable with our cars, I can't ask a public forum their thoughts on a topic?
Not that I need to explain myself to you, but I'm not going to bother a master mechanic with changing my oil. I have always done typical maintenance on my own. All I wanted to know was the proper procedure with our cars.
Next time I have a question I will be sure to pm you first and make sure it's ok with you!

Last edited by Autosport7; 11-22-2013 at 06:17 PM.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
07 E63 + 07 CLK63CAB
"So because I have buddies who are knowledgeable with our cars"? Why ask the forum?
Oil change is not rocket science, oil comes out the bottom and is refilled from the top much like most cars. I take it you make friends fast.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Critter
"So because I have buddies who are knowledgeable with our cars"? Why ask the forum?
Oil change is not rocket science, oil comes out the bottom and is refilled from the top much like most cars. I take it you make friends fast.
Hey genius, if you search, there is more than one way to change the oil in these cars! I was merely trying to figure what others on the forum are saying is the best route.
What is it with this MB forum, bunch of children on here. Public forums are here to ask questions when you have them and provide answers to other's questions when you can.
I was on E90post for years, the kids on that forum are more mature than some on here!
If you don't have positive feedback regarding a thread then why post?
Old 11-22-2013, 11:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

07 E63 + 07 CLK63CAB
Actually you are right, gravity and suction, your choice!
Thanks for the compliment.
Old 11-23-2013, 10:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Autosport7
Your missing the point...
Even with discounts, I will still run RP as I believe it to be a superior product.
You're missing the point, if it was such a superior product then it would be a recommended oil, pretty simple, that garbage about big fees to be on a list ... Umm don't u think it would be a smart business decision to get on that list so that everyone owning these cars would buy this so called superior product...

This isn't a race car, it's a production vehicle , and if u and your mechanic buddies know better then the guys who built this thing than why are you asking us guys how to do a dam oil change ?
Old 11-23-2013, 11:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

07 E63 + 07 CLK63CAB
Almost forgot, drain plug instructions, lefty loosey, righty tighty, used car salesman is on top of my "do not trust" list right above lawyer, real estate agent.
Old 11-23-2013, 07:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 sl55
Sorry, But that is what I noticed. it's an automatic. Is it making more horsepower? Is it decreased rolling resistance? to be honest the reason I stuck with this oil is because the motor sounded quieter and smoother. Like I said. I would never use it in a warrantied car.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by cheesy
You're missing the point, if it was such a superior product then it would be a recommended oil, pretty simple, that garbage about big fees to be on a list ... Umm don't u think it would be a smart business decision to get on that list so that everyone owning these cars would buy this so called superior product...

This isn't a race car, it's a production vehicle , and if u and your mechanic buddies know better then the guys who built this thing than why are you asking us guys how to do a dam oil change ?
Originally Posted by Critter
Almost forgot, drain plug instructions, lefty loosey, righty tighty, used car salesman is on top of my "do not trust" list right above lawyer, real estate agent.
Listen guys, I didn't start this thread for it to become a pissing match as to what is a better product, it was merely to get the advice of some who change their own oil.
At the end of the day I am not here trying to persuade any of you to RP, I am simply putting it in my car,. I don't understand why you are flaming me for wanting to run a certain product that doesn't effect you one way or the other.