C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLS transmission in C63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2013 | 07:02 PM

C63s AMG W205
Think some ppl might have missed the point.

I hope MB could offer some flexibility in terms of transmission choices, eg default with a set of traditional 7G, then have options of a good DCT (additional $8k?), a 6spd manual (for $5k more) and/or an expensive sequential box (at a price of $20k or more. Im sure a lot of ppl would still go for that option). Guess at least theres a group of mature racers who own a C63 for its design, mighty engine power, build quality and practicality, but still would like to have a better feel of the car. I do admit that a standard c63 is only a beefed up granny shopping car. I love how a nissan GTR r35 drives and the precious feel of the DCT, unfortunately i couldnt fit my wife n 3 young kids in it.

Transmission is not like brakes or wheels which can be swapped easily. At least MB could address maybe 5% of the demands out there (they wont lose any money for sure, there will b more potential buyers).
Old 11-20-2013 | 07:40 PM

2015 E63S AMG & 2013 GLK350
Originally Posted by Diabolis
I am not arguing that the C63 is the ultimate in performance or efficiency - it certainly isn't, but then again it was never intended to be despite the fan boy arguments to the contrary. What I am saying is that there's no point in expecting the car to be something that it isn't. It's a luxurious and sporty cruiser and DD, not a sports car. Your comparisons with Porsche and Ferrari are completely meaningless, and between Audi, BMW and Merc, the Merc caters to the more mature consumer and is the least sporty of the three by design. How is that a downfall? If it's not your cup of tea, that's fine. Feel free to move on to something else instead of b!tching about how you think the car should be built.
^ couldn't agree more (except maybe the exhaust part, mine is obnoxiously loud and I love it lol), my C63 may not be the perfect car but I think it's a great combination that makes it one of the most fun and enjoyable cars I've owned.
Old 11-20-2013 | 11:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

10 C six trizzle
comparing dct in 1,000,000$ cars and complaining they arent in your 60k$ sedan

amgs are street cars, they have compromises and one of them is the transmission. I think they should offer a manual in the normal models preferably one much better than bmw or audi uses as they feel terrible. they should offer a dct in black series cars as these are for the track. Any high hp/tq vehicle that is heavy with a dct will ultimately have horrible drivability at low speeds.