C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Suspension and alignment problem?

Old 11-16-2013, 03:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
Suspension and alignment problem?

Hello guys, long time lurker here but first time poster and I was hoping the great knowledge you guys have with AMGs can help me! My car is a 2009 C63 performance pack.

Recently hit a really deep pothole that was flooded and did not see it! This lead to a damaged tyre and rim so I quickly then bought a new tyre and a new rim. I've then gone to do a 4 wheel laser alignment and corrected all the toe but the front camber seems to be way out on the wheel where I've hit the pothole. The camber on this side is at 2.14 when I believe it should be 1.24 or thereabouts!!

During the alignment the technician and I noticed a slightly kinked track rod end but nothing else. Can a track rod end affect camber significantly and/or what else is there that I should be taking a deep look at in order to put the camber right? I'm really not sure what approach to take now and any help from you guys would be really appreciated!
Old 11-20-2013, 11:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 285 Likes on 183 Posts
10 C six trizzle
what do you mean by track rod? thats usually a rear suspension link. or are you refering to the torque/guide strut arm. -2.14 isnt really that high. i think the normal is around -1.3 to -1.5. keep in mind only 60minutes in a degree so -1.6 is the same as -2.0. Post up your specs and ill tell you what i think. Its nearly impossible to bend a torque strut arm, also that would increase your camber making it less negative not more. You can check your control arm bolts as sometimes these will bend under those circumstances. Usually the bending parts are the spindle/knuckle and the macpherson strut.