Sponsored by:

Paul Walker Died Today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 01:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG
I was always a gear head, but Walker and the The F n F crew made cars my life! Amazing how close to your heart you can hold an individual in which you have never actually met! This sad news literally choked me up.
I am sad to see you go so soon Paul, RIP bro.
Old 12-01-2013, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
I seriously didn't think this would effect me so much, ya he was a kewl kat in all his flix but what drew us in was his love for cars & especially modding them. Walker was a TRUE AUTO ENTHUSIAST to the core & gave so much back to the public & even more thru Charity orginazations etc...

We all owe a death to the man upstairs, but I have to repeat my earlier post, NO one should die this way, burning to death is worse than most of you know. I have dozens of Police/Fire/EMT friends & according to them going this way is the WORST possible scenario period.

RIP Walker...& unknown driver...

EDIT: Just spotted this quote by Walker, off his Facebook page.. Cool but sadly untrue after adding fire as cause of death..
"If speed one day kills me, dont be sad because I was smiling" - Paul Walker

Last edited by Thericker; 12-01-2013 at 04:59 PM.
Old 12-01-2013, 05:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63/A45/C63 BS/ SLS BS
RIP, great guy. Did not deserve to go away like this.
Old 12-01-2013, 08:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by Ingenieur
why didn't anyone grab an extinguisher and try to help?
all they did was film it
sad
When a car looks like that chances are good they were both dead on impact.
Old 12-01-2013, 08:58 PM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
2015 C63-507,1989 944 Turbo, 2018-GTR, G63, Lotus Exige S, M3 CS, M4 CSL, GTR BS
A great actor with with a huge heart who gave by helping people around the world through doing charities , and giving his time for disasters and people in poverty. From a car enthusiast I wanted to say thank you. Rest in peace Paul Walker you'll never be forgotten.

Last edited by 4ramin; 12-01-2013 at 09:54 PM.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:19 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by jrcart
perhaps
but people can survive some pretty terrible accidents
Lauda
Zanardi
military multiple GSW's and explosions/traumatic amputations
and even if mortally injured it takes some time to expire
the body wants to survive

hopefully they were dead or at least unconscious, burning is horrible

I know someone who walked away from something like that
she was in a 2001 large buick 60 mph
head one into a mid 70's t-bird (he fell asleep and crossed the centerline) 60 mph
120 mph head on, square
cars caught fire, others stopped and put it out
she has a limp but that is about it (hospital and rehab for months)
crushed her badly, literally 0 space between the floorboard and front seat

damn, but we must at least try...not film it, morbid

he was a real stand up guy
Tales of the actor's philanthropy are not new. CNN confirmed one story from a decade ago when Walker noticed a young U.S. military veteran shopping with his fiance for a wedding ring in a Santa Barbara jewelry store.

"The groom was just back from duty in Iraq, and he was going to be deployed again soon and wanted to buy a wedding ring, but he said he just could not afford it," saleswoman Irene King told CNN. "I don't think the soldier realized how expensive those rings are, about $10,000."
Although Walker noticed them, the couple apparently did not know who he was, King said.

"Walker called the manager over and said, 'Put that girl's ring on my tab,' " she said. "Walker left all his billing info, and it was a done deal. The couple was stunned. She was thrilled and could not believe someone did this." King called it "the most generous thing I have ever seen."

Last edited by Ingenieur; 12-01-2013 at 09:26 PM.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
Very sad indeed. Makes me think about all the times I have screwed around on the street and how things can go wrong in an instant. I am sure most of us have screwed around in our vehicles on the street or with passangers in our cars on more than one occasion. I am not on a soap box or saying I will never break a posted speed limit ever again but these images are an eye opener.
For sure a very sad news.
But this reminds us how dangerous it can be to drive in a spirited way a sport car on street roads. Although you might be a great driver or not you endanger not only your life but others too.
Always show off your skills preferably on the track
Old 12-01-2013, 11:25 PM

2013 C63 AMG Coupe
RIP Paul Walker......Fast & Furious should end with the latest movie.....
Old 12-02-2013, 12:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Eye witness accounts said..

The crash occurred 300 odd yards from the tuning shop where a bunch of the car meet attendees were & heard the crash, they scrambled to scene in seconds trying to put out flames & free occupants, they say they saw Walker alive & could do nothing to save him or driver.. Ya this was as bad as it gets..

Last edited by Thericker; 12-02-2013 at 12:53 AM.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 Prius :)
Where did you read or hear that he was alive? I sure hope not..no one deserves to die in that manner

Originally Posted by Thericker
The crash occurred 300 odd yards from the tuning shop where a bunch of the car meet attendees were & heard the crash, they scrambled to scene in seconds trying to put out flames & free occupants, they say they saw Walker alive & could do nothing to save him or driver.. Ya this was as bad as it gets..
Old 12-02-2013, 03:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
'16 A45 AMG
Originally Posted by Autosport7
I was always a gear head, but Walker and the The F n F crew made cars my life! Amazing how close to your heart you can hold an individual in which you have never actually met! This sad news literally choked me up.
I am sad to see you go so soon Paul, RIP bro.
agree with that...
Really sad news
Old 12-02-2013, 04:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
The content is all over the place..

Originally Posted by daniel3ooo
Where did you read or hear that he was alive? I sure hope not..no one deserves to die in that manner
I don't remember the exact site, though this site had similar yet even more disturbing accounts, 1 being the drivers 8 yr old son got to the car as it was going up etc.. This entire things extremely tragic..
,”*said Antonio Holmes, a friend of Walker’s who raced to the scene after hearing about the crash. “There was nothing. They were trapped.”Holmes said he was among a group of people who showed up at the site with fire extinguishers and tried to rescue Walker and the driver. “We tried. We tried,”*he told the Santa Clarita Valley Signal. “Him and his buddy, his brother in arms at heart, just decided to joyride, take a spin. Something we all do.”

Jim Torp, who was also at the event, identified the second victim as Roger Rodas, a pro racer and father of two who owned Always Evolving Performance Motors. Torp described how Rodas’ 8-year-old son tried to save his dad.

“I ran over afterwards, I was trying to find Roger’s son,” Torp said. “I found out his son had jumped the fence and gone over, he was trying to get his dad out. Paul Walker’s best friend was trying to get Paul out of the car while it was still on fire ... he was trying to save his friend ... there was nothing he could do.
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1533786

The original site had detailed witness accounts who said they saw Walker alive etc..

Last edited by Thericker; 12-02-2013 at 04:03 AM.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
E350 Sport/ML350RWD
In tribute to Paul Walker- I had this on my site back when Fast & Furious was released.
Everything I need to know in life- I learned from The Fast and the Furious
You need NAWZ. Two bottles. The big ones.
It ain't how you stand by your car, it's how you race your car.
If you are not Double-Cluthching- you’re Granny Shifting!
The buster brings you back.
You can have any brew you want- as long as it's a Corona.
If the road suddenly narrows, drive under a truck.
Practice racing with Gran Turismo 3 A-SPEC.
Even the cops in Hollywood are Hollywood.
No one likes the tuna.
Big wing=BIG speed.
Amateurs don't use NAWZ.
Never narc on nobody.
Honda S2000s are supposed slow.
Stickers, stickers, stickers.
It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile- Winning's winning!
Stand-alone fuel management systems are GOOD and cost $10K
Leopard-skin pants make you a badass.
Live life a quarter-mile at a time.
LA cops respond to one emergency at a time, with the entire police force.
Only asians, latinos, and black people street race- everyone else is an undercover cop.
Shooting a MAC-11 from a motorcycle isn't easy.
Ramming a Charger with a motorcycle hurts.
Oil tastes bad.
Pizza boys don't like street racers.
Stay out of Asian turf or don't sleep with their sisters.
The Fed with the loudest voice can pin it on anyone he wants.
The proper display of affection with a bald man is kissing his head.
Cuban restaurants are always called "Cha-Cha-Cha."
Truckers don't know how to use brakes.
It's not a color unless it begins with "neon."
Car part stores give SVT Lightnings to delivery boys.
Fire bursting from tailpipe equals speed.
High-pitched buzzing exhaust equals speed.
Hoods and bodykits don't need paint.
It's not the train that gets you- it's the truck.
Overuse of nitrous oxide makes the floorboard fall out.
Dual tailpipes are good. Quad tailpipes are better.
If you scream "NAWZ" it will explode.
Ferraris are more than you can afford, pal.
You can beat any car if you say "Smoke 'em" before you run.
Any scrapheap can be made race-ready in under a week if the parts are ordered from Ja-Pan.
Computer-controlled nitrous kits require a laptop.
Owning a supressed MAC-11 is a "minor weapons violation."
Always wipe the seat.
And whatever you do, don't blow the welds on the intake!

Last edited by AkaSigFreak; 12-02-2013 at 11:59 AM.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
more details are coming out, 7-8 extinguishers were used but no avail to reach and unbuckle either one of them. Bad way to die, burned alive or unconscious.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:08 AM

C63 AMG 2009, ML63 AMG 2007
RIP Paul Walker…

I cannot wait to you see last movie….fast of the furious 7...

I wonder how the movie will ends….
Old 12-02-2013, 11:50 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
G63, C190 AMG GTC, W209 CLK63 BS, W208 CLK430
We all lost a real life hero, it's really sad but he accomplished and experienced more in his short time here then a lot of people will do in their entire life. The F&F Franchise expanded our industry for the best and we will forever be in his debt.

Lets not forget the driver, Roger Rodas either, he was just as active in the community as Paul and was actually a very successful businessman!
Old 12-02-2013, 12:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
a land yacht.
Further investigation has released that there was power steering fluid on the ground by where the car lost control, then the tire marks were straight to the site of the accident.

That means that Rodas couldn't do anything to correct or over-correct like people said. Could have been a freak accident.

Nevertheless, RIP to those guys. Paul Walker was a legend. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts
C63 BS, GLA45
Originally Posted by C_DirtyTwo
Further investigation has released that there was power steering fluid on the ground by where the car lost control, then the tire marks were straight to the site of the accident.

That means that Rodas couldn't do anything to correct or over-correct like people said. Could have been a freak accident.
The car recently had it's 4 year service, which is a full on engine + transmission out teardown. Pretty sure that work will be investigated. The CGT is a sketchy car to drive hard on the streets, can't even imagine driving fast and encountering mechanical failure.

RIP.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:43 PM

Gtr
R.I.P Paul ...
Old 12-02-2013, 12:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
a land yacht.
Originally Posted by rage2
The car recently had it's 4 year service, which is a full on engine + transmission out teardown. Pretty sure that work will be investigated. The CGT is a sketchy car to drive hard on the streets, can't even imagine driving fast and encountering mechanical failure.

RIP.
Maybe there was an error in the reassembly then its all speculation, either way its tragic.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 507, 911 Carrera, Range Rover, Disco
Not sure if they will piece together what exactly happened - tragic nonetheless. Just a couple of guys out having some fun and then tragedy - can happen to anyone, race driver, pro or otherwise.

I have heard and read that the CGT is a handful of a car - I suspect that is why Porsche only made 1300. There have been track accidents and deaths in the CGT before as well, drivers ed's etc. Jay Leno lost control of his own CGT (looped it 7 times to the infield) at Talladega trying to get to 200mph and that was in a controlled environment with Porsche engineers and tire experts.

Not sure if the CGT has a button for disabling traction/stability control but if they were doing donuts (likely) with that button off and then took off down the street at a high rate of speed with the button still off, lost control, fluid or otherwise - that would be bad - as others have done the same.

Whichever side of the car hit first, that person was killed on impact. To wrap a car like that is a horrific amount of force. When a car is mangled like that on impact fire is almost always inevitable.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts
C63 BS, GLA45
Originally Posted by ParkerK
I have heard and read that the CGT is a handful of a car - I suspect that is why Porsche only made 1300. There have been track accidents and deaths in the CGT before as well, drivers ed's etc. Jay Leno lost control of his own CGT (looped it 7 times to the infield) at Talladega trying to get to 200mph and that was in a controlled environment with Porsche engineers and tire experts.

Not sure if the CGT has a button for disabling traction/stability control but if they were doing donuts (likely) with that button off and then took off down the street at a high rate of speed with the button still off, lost control, fluid or otherwise - that would be bad - as others have done the same.
I thought I was a great driver until I drove the CGT, and realized that I sucked. It's a terrifying car to drive, especially when it's not yours. Even driving slowly on the street, you're losing traction off the line because you can't really slip the clutch or risk melting it. On the track, it's super sensitive to throttle inputs because the thing has pretty much no flywheel. You lift off the throttle, and it's like braking the rear wheels.

There's a TC button, it's really just to limit throttle during wheelspin, I've never disabled it, but the thing gets sideways with it on. Don't think it's actually stability control, just a half assed wheel spin limiter.
Old 12-02-2013, 04:59 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by C_DirtyTwo

Nevertheless, RIP to those guys. Paul Walker was a legend. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die.
The car can still be steered without fluid, the guy was a race car driver and they typically don;t have power steering.

I never read about fluid or tire tracks (only 'donut' tracks, but they aren't sure if they were his). But judging from the damage he must have been flying, close to 100 some are estimating.

No one knows what happened yet, there are rumors of street racing
they will also know if they lived and breathed after the impact (damage in the lungs), regardless, it was an 'accident' for Walker, but negligence for the driver.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Very sad indeed. Makes me think about all the times I have screwed around on the street and how things can go wrong in an instant. I am sure most of us have screwed around in our vehicles on the street or with passangers in our cars on more than one occasion. I am not on a soap box or saying I will never break a posted speed limit ever again but these images are an eye opener.

Makes you think about it a bit more next time you jump on it and the rear gets a little loose. I know it did for me.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
I'm sure many of us has read that Walter Rohrl as one of Porsche's test drivers also expressed concern at the time of his CGT development test drive due to its finicky handling at the limit.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Paul Walker Died Today